Now that the CL is gone, is it better for us to miss out on the EL?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now that the CL is gone. Do you want us to qualify for the Europa League?

• Yes, Europa league is worth qualifying for and trying to win

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • No, Europa league will hinder our chances of getting back into the Top 4

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Don't care as long as we finish above Woolwich this season

Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters
Notwithstanding the fact a few of these probably won’t be at the club next year. And feel free to change any of them around but by way of example we could trot out the below line up for the 6 games of the Europa if we’re determined not to let it interfere with our league campaign:
De Bie
KWP Tanganga Foyth Sessegnon
Skipp White
Clarke Roles Gedson
Parrott

I’m not advocating doing so but for those who are anti-EL you would be hard pressed to advocate against given our u23s a run out. Not to mention fringe first teamers

Re-cap for the hard of thinking, extreeeeeemly comical weasel brigade:

Do you hold ENIC in general, and Levy in particular, at least partially responsible for this dramatic downfall?

Of course they play a part; they run the club....

(Apparently my answer is too complex for some tiny minds..... A kinder soul than I would be embarrassed for them.)

55/91

Believe the Europa league is worth qualifying for. I can’t believe how short people’s memories are. I desperately want @rsenal to quality on a regular basis!

Missing out on the CL financially is a blow the Europa would be some way compensation but missing out in the CL would that affect our prospects of attracting better players or is that a myth.

Before they made Europa league champions get a spot in the champions league (silly it took them that long, as if third place in the french league is somehow a superior achievement to winning a pan european cup) it honestly didn't make much sense. There's really not a lot of money in it and players didn't seem to care much about it, so it didn't help that much with attracting talent.

Now players do care about it somewhat, and it is another chance at making it into the champs league. No brainers really.

Apologies if it's already been covered but am I right in thinking 8th would qualify for Europa League on basis of the City ban being upheld, City winning the League Cup, and the FA cup being won by a side already in top 7? I figure it does.
I don’t think City’s ban would be upheld though

The Europa is another fuck knows 10 games minimum we get to play without any reward at the end, besides our poor tired little players might do well to have only 1 game a week for most of the season....so finishing outside those places might be a blessing in disguise... but then again a blessing to do what?

Woolwich looking good to win the FA Cup, as predicted. A man up and a goal up with about 10 minutes to go.

Is that an extra 6 games onto our schedule now against glorified pub teams in the preliminary rounds of this Mickey Mouse Cup?

Woolwich looking good to win the FA Cup, as predicted. A man up and a goal up with about 10 minutes to go.

Is that an extra 6 games onto our schedule now against glorified pub teams in the preliminary rounds of this Mickey Mouse Cup?
I think it's just one qualifier game.

Be interesting if we have any injuries at the start of the season to see what Jose does. He could easily fuck off the EL and blame Levy for not strengthening the squad.
Or he could blame himself for not being able to beat the likes of Norwich, Crystal Palace and Bournemouth to win the cup or finish higher up the league! In all seriousness though I don't think he will. Even a somewhat rotated side should win through qualifying and GS, and it's a trophy we can't afford to pass up

They're all one-off ties. But we enter at the Second Qualifying Round. If we win that, there's still the Third Qualifying Round and the Playoff before the Group Stage starts.
Yeah, you're right, we'll be up against the likes of Motherwell and Shamrock Rovers and the list of teams in the next round are this lot...

Yeah, you're right, we'll be up against the likes of Motherwell and Shamrock Rovers and the list of teams in the next round are this lot...

it's our level tbf. even they could give us a game

Yep. It won't be anyone good at this stage. The teams with a coefficient score of 5.5ish or more will be seeded so no PSV etc.

We barely crawled in the top 4 last season anyway, this drop to the EL should be a wake up call. We didn’t build that stadium to play in this competition. The team needs more quality and our rivals are spending money, we need to get on with it.
Brother that ain't the master plan . We are stuck in a land of emptiness , it's the road them above have chosen

Back
Top Bottom