Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didnt think about that but you are correct. PEH is a Jordan Henderson more than a Fabinho, a ball winning combative number 8, if Skipp plays the 6 role it should help PEH.

I learned PEH to know as a very attacking minded number 8 at Bayern. One of those scheeming players.

No comparison, just blatantly a Xavi rather than a Busquets.

If anything he was shoehorned into the latter by need or choice in Southampton.

Skippy got subbed tonight......

.....on 90+3.

He’s getting such a lot of proper footballing minutes. He must be absolutely made up with his time there. I hope he doesn’t start to feel like it’s the best place for him longer term.

Literally have seen none who would say that.

His bar is to be better than Winks and Sissoko + backup and alternative to Hjojberg.
Not to captain us through next season as DM, unbeaten and with 10 goals +15 assist from DM position.

He is young HG player who can help the team already a lot just by replacing Sissoko for example.
Some fans see him as a regular starter alongside PEH

I learned PEH to know as a very attacking minded number 8 at Bayern. One of those scheeming players.

No comparison, just blatantly a Xavi rather than a Busquets.

If anything he was shoehorned into the latter by need or choice in Southampton.
He wasnt shoehorned at Southampton.

His best position has always been as a deep lying midfielder, such that Pep himself described him as a potential "Bayern's Busquets".

.....on 90+3.

He’s getting such a lot of proper footballing minutes. He must be absolutely made up with his time there. I hope he doesn’t start to feel like it’s the best place for him longer term.

Norwich is always going to be a team in the relegation battle if not being relegated, so I can't imagine that he wants that over playing for us, although under Jose might not be long until we join them.

I think he likely realizes it is a great chance for him to develop but if he wants to reach the peak potential of his career, both in club and international football, he will likely only get there with us.

Scenes on this forum if he just turns out to be top of the champo standard..

Some, not evryone, are pinning our entire revival on him.
Half of Eng’s best players shone in the Championship, have faith. He’s clearly better than Winks and Sissoko who both play 25/30 games a season so he will improve us

.....on 90+3.

Not just game time, they are a decent footballing side (unlike Jose’s dourball)

So all Winks issues are because he didn’t have a loan spell?
Winks was dropped into the first team at a young age and failed to thrive. It works for some and it kills the development of others. History has shown that a more gradual development is usually better for the player and club.

Skipp has the opportunity to play consistent minutes against championship opposition, which helps him develop while giving a more accurate measure of his quality. Better than having him in the first team, where he likely plays less minutes, faces stiffer opposition and likely more criticism for bad performances.

Only seen the highlights but looks as if he was class again today. Norwich forum praise for Skipp has really grown over the last few weeks, he's improving as the season goes on and his physical attributes are standing out more and more as his confidence grows. Can't wait to see this guy in our team next season, I think he's good enough to merit plenty of minutes.

Winks was dropped into the first team at a young age and failed to thrive. It works for some and it kills the development of others. History has shown that a more gradual development is usually better for the player and club.

Skipp has the opportunity to play consistent minutes against championship opposition, which helps him develop while giving a more accurate measure of his quality. Better than having him in the first team, where he likely plays less minutes, faces stiffer opposition and likely more criticism for bad performances.
How did Ledley do?

Back
Top Bottom