Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was kind of hoping that maybe newly promoted side like Leeds would be in for him... but I guess Leeds has really good DM already anyway. Though it is fair question that someone asked - based on what do we assume that he is better than Championship football... also a question I don't have an answer to.

Maybe it is better to go to lower level and get more experience there rather than to go to EPL team and struggle for the game time.

Hope both of them with Parrott will go and kick ass in major way and come back as viable options for Spurs :) !

I was kind of hoping that maybe newly promoted side like Leeds would be in for him... but I guess Leeds has really good DM already anyway. Though it is fair question that someone asked - based on what do we assume that he is better than Championship football... also a question I don't have an answer to.

Maybe it is better to go to lower level and get more experience there rather than to go to EPL team and struggle for the game time.

Hope both of them with Parrott will go and kick ass in major way and come back as viable options for Spurs :) !
There were reports 2 or so weeks ago of Skipp wanting a move to the Championship because he sees himself getting more playing time there than in the prem. Citing that it has worked a lot for Chelsea's youth players.

There were reports 2 or so weeks ago of Skipp wanting a move to the Championship because he sees himself getting more playing time there than in the prem. Citing that it has worked a lot for Chelsea's youth players.

Fair enough :thumbup:

And as I said I am not sure either, he is currently so good to become starter in EPL either...
Hoping for the best anyway

I don't think there has even been any plans to outright sell Skipp. He is very highly thought of within the club and Jose adores him. Called him a future captain.

I don't think there has even been any plans to outright sell Skipp. He is very highly thought of within the club and Jose adores him. Called him a future captain.
Don't believe all that shit.

We will hype all these kids up as much as possible regardless of plans.
Either they take it well and step up, or we con teams like Norwich into spending £10m on a "highly rated kid from Spurs"

Either they take it well and step up, or we con teams like Norwich into spending £10m on a "highly rated kid from Spurs"

Is this (and the general practice of putting time, money and effort into our academy) somehow a problem?

Or people who've worked with him on a daily basis genuinely believe that he has got (much) more potential than the average academy kid.. I could certainly see why.

Everyone said the same about Carrol and dozens of others.
Mourinho on Skipp: Everybody in the club is, his team-mates are and I am really happy that he signed a new contract. I think he's genuinely Tottenham's future. He's one of these players by human quality, by personality, he is one of these kids that I have no doubt he will be an important player for Tottenham. I think he can be more than a player, he can be a future captain here. I see this kid being one day a future captain here by his character, by his personality.

I've never heard someone say that about Tom Carroll when he was 19 years old. Let alone a world-class manager with decades of experience.

Last edited:
Mourinho on Skipp: Everybody in the club is, his team-mates are and I am really happy that he signed a new contract. I think he's genuinely Tottenham's future. He's one of these players by human quality, by personality, he is one of these kids that I have no doubt he will be an important player for Tottenham. I think he can be more than a player, he can be a future captain here. I see this kid being one day a future captain here by his character, by his personality.

I've never heard someone say that about Tom Carroll when he was 19 years old. Let alone a world-class manager with decades of experience.
If you were selling a car, would you advertise it as a banger that isn't fit to sit on your drive?
He's just making sure he's not seen to be disregarding anyone. It has multiple benefits, it's decent man management, and it's making sure everyone thinks we think he's got a future - that pushes the price up.
We are a business, and our youth team is our product line.

If you were selling a car, would you advertise it as a banger that isn't fit to sit on your drive?
He's just making sure he's not seen to be disregarding anyone. It has multiple benefits, it's decent man management, and it's making sure everyone thinks we think he's got a future - that pushes the price up.

So why bother moaning about it then?... FFS! :avbhumph:

Not every academy kid is the same, there is every chance that Skipp will eventually become a regular starter for us. I think José got that one spot on and you are bitching about nothing here.

Not every academy kid is the same, there is every chance that Skipp will eventually become a regular starter for us. I think José got that one spot on and you are bitching about nothing here.

I'd say it's at least 1 in 100 not every chance.

I see the same chat about every single youth player. People convince themselves they're all being raised to move into the first team.

I see the same chat about every single youth player. People convince themselves they're all being raised to move into the first team.
Perhaps if you can't make a distinction between player A and B and simply see them all as "an academy kid that will get sold or fail eventually"

So, first team is the goal...?. For those that don't make it we will seek to sell them for the best fee possible....

Again; what the fuck is the problem???

Kane,
Winks,
Skipp,
Carroll
Andros
Mason,
Bentaleb,
Caulker,
Onomah,
CCV,
Edwards
Pritchard,
+ Many more.....

That's 1 world class striker, a shit load more senior appearances and over 100m raised in trf fees.

Like I say, what's the damn problem?

Perhaps if you can't make a distinction between player A and B and simply see them all as "an academy kid that will get sold or fail eventually"
Neither of us will remember who we were talking to in 2 years time, but only one of us can be right. We'll see in 2 years whether Skipp has become a regular at Spurs or drops away like most of the kids on the list I posted.

Based on what we've seen from him on the pitch - I would say The Championship is the right level for him rn

Hopefully the only way is up

Back
Top Bottom