One Hotspur: Player of the Season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well done.

You have won the chance to make me a cash money offer for these two ultra rare pieces of crap

EbayMarch2013032.jpg

I guess Bale has to take it this year, but I think Lloris has to be a very close runner-up because his proactive, marshalling style of keeping allowed our defence to push up and the team as a whole to play in a more compact way. He was basically the keystone on which the whole season has to a large extent rested on.

Best young player has to be Walker. The strides he's made since the beginning of last season are just unbelievable, culminating in the game against Basel which was a true coming-of-age game for him. I do worry that he's going to be judged in the context of his early mistakes for far longer than he should be, because in 2013 he's been absolutely stellar in every game.

Lennon had a start to the season that was potentially of a POTY calibre, but once again his goal record is below average and injuries have fucked him- having a negative effect on the squad. I love the guy but he needs competition; we've known that for atleast 3 years though ey :levystare:

I worried about voting for a good player, isn't there a track record for our players of the season to then leave in the transfer window?

For this reason I'm voting for :ade:

I normally miss this as the club have a habit of keeping this quiet until the last minute, but voting is now open for the members player of the season until April 26th.

[tweet][/tweet]

Like any local/general election round my way, the winner of this is feels pretty much decided before voting, so my vote almost feels wasted.

Nevertheless, I voted for Lennon as I feel he has consistently made a difference to the team all season and has improved a huge amount under AVB. Even when he was a fresh-faced whipper-snapper I can't ever remember him tracking back as often, and as well, as he has done this year.

Second and third choices would have been Lloris and Vertongen respectively.

Who is TFC plumping for, if anyone?

I was torn between Vertonghen and Bale really. I'm gonna go for Vertonghen because I think he's been more consistent than Bale. The Welshman will probably win because he's an attacker and has hit a rich vein of form right when the voting has started.

I'm actually a little bit disappointed with Moussa this season, though it's down to extremely high expectations on my part. I think he's suffered from injuries and some bits of patchy form.
I wouldn't personally go so far as "disappointed" but I think you're right about injuries. I'd wager he's been carrying an injury since Nov/Dec and won't have surgery until late May.

Back
Top Bottom