One Hotspur: Player of the Season

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was my vote in the end. Hard to argue with his impact this season.
Yeah, Lloris has been more consistent over a longer period but the impact Bale has had is something I will talk about for years.

Vertonghen has been awesome but I feel his consistency lets him down at times, probably not helped by not having a consistent partner. I realise the same can be said of Bale in terms of consistency...

Bale has already won it. All the sheep will vote for him.

Mines for Vertonghen.

(that's not a pop at him being welsh btw)

I think since his first big hip injury he still hasn't recovered, but he can still run past every player on the pitch individually and hold off the world. I understand the ratings of players based on overall impact and thats usually goal related, but I always vote for the player who makes me do :avbdamn: the most, Dembele will always do about 10 things in a match that make me mangasm, unfortunately a-la Luka too few of those are goals, but I love him unconditionally:love:

Dissapointed ? ah the football fan and its very short term memory , he plays two or three bad games and he dissapoints. Have you forgotten how essential he was for the team when we were picking off teams for fun? He has his weak points (long passing being one of them) but you can hardly say he hasnt been mixing it up. Have you seen the ratio tackles , dribbles and pass % of the man this season ?

Yeah, Lloris has been more consistent over a longer period but the impact Bale has had is something I will talk about for years.

Vertonghen has been awesome but I feel his consistency lets him down at times, probably not helped by not having a consistent partner. I realise the same can be said of Bale in terms of consistency...

Pretty much this.

For me:

Bale

Lloris
Lennon
Vertonghen

Had Sandro not been injured, he may have been competing with Bale.

How many games did we go where Bale basically scored in all of them? Can't be bothered to figure it out at the minute but his impact has been enormous this season. Honourable mentions to Vertonghen, Dembele, and Adebayor.

In my humble opinion, I thought we missed Lennon more than we did Mousa, and it was when we had Bale and Lennon together that we really tore teams apart. Before our Belgian friend jumps again, let me be clear that I'd have Mousa in the centre of my midfield every week. Just that he seemed to lose the ball and get muscled off a bit more than what I'd expected.

It is quite difficult because players like Lennon are imperative to the balance and work rate of the team whilst being capable of moments of brilliance. Then again, Bale has been quite astonishing at times and has been responsible for so many decisive moments. Then you look at Lloris or Vertonghen and think without either then our system doesn't work, the system we employed to such good effect for three months. Finally, you have Sandro or Dembele both of whom work so well together - so much so, Sandro doesn't get injured I feel certain we would be 6 points better off (that isn't a scientific approach I just think we would have won against Fulham and Liverpool with him there).

I am going for a more emotional decision and going for Dawson. Turned down QPR, loves the club and fans (reciprocated) and, despite some weaknesses still plays very well and never, ever looks like giving less than 100%.

Oh and I found some really Spursy memorabilia the other day.

A little medal thing to commemorate Members Club Player of the Year from 2001 and 2002.

Any guesses on the names? They are shockers...

2001 -
2002 -

Simon Davies? (I'm actually pretty certain he won it one year)

As for this year I'm going for the player that gave me the biggest "woohoo" moment...

:jenaswtf:

Back
Top Bottom