Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, in a best case scenario both clubs would be eradicated, however, City are just an empty vessel of a football club now and them winning the league really has no major effect on anything.

Liverpool however with their victim mentality, the desperate pundits in the media that slobber over them and have been doing for as long as I can remember, even when they were finishing in 7th and pretty much everything about their club from top to bottom just makes me nauseous, I only dislike the scum more than I like these cretins and them winning the PL would be the worst thing to happen to the PL currently, honestly we would never ever hear the end of it, every football broadcast, every program, every match pundit and commentators would find a way comment on it for the next 10+ years and use their success as a measuring stick.

Not for me at all.

That's just categorically not the case though.

"Boooooo dippers" doesn't make that whole other side of the conversation magically dissapear.

You want the EPL to become monopolised like Germany or Italy? Think that bodes well for Spurs and any aspirations you have for them?

Hate Liverpool all you like, but don't choose ignorance.

With regards to where we want the title to go and which team is the least cuntish... My reasoning is slightly different.

If Liverpool go on to win the League, just like when Leicester won it, it will gloss over the glaring fact that post-Fergie, only financially doped teams have won the title aside from the aforementioned Leicester in that freak season.

What Liverpool winning could do is maintain the illusion that the Premier League is competitive, when in actual fact financial doping has made it anything but. That Liverpool *could* finish on 97pts and yet still not win the League is akin to a world-beating athlete at the very top of his/her game being unable to surpass a drug-assisted competitor. Virtually impossible.

For me I want City to win the League, this season and every season. Only when this facade of a “competitive” and “unpredictable” league falls away, and revenues diminish as international TV rights, sponsorship etc dry up, will anything ever be done to combat financial doping.

I don't care if we agree... Thanks for genuinely entering the debate. :adesalute:

- Pretty sure Liverpool's spending is quite high as well.

There’s quite a difference between ‘quite high’ and practically limitless. Yes, Liverpool spent a lot but most of their spend came from the sale of Coutinho. Unless they sell Salah, they won’t be able to augment their team in the same way this summer in preparation for the next season. Man City on the other hand could easily drop £100m - £200m (or however much their accounts’ creativity can hide on the balance sheets) and continue to strengthen.

City can just keep buying players to stay ahead of the pack. Even the clubs you mentioned have a limit, whereas financially doped teams do not.

Woudn't it be great if Pool lost the title they have searched for for almost 30 years and blown 200M this past year to buy, lose it by 40 millimeters. Brilliant.

There’s quite a difference between ‘quite high’ and practically limitless. Yes, Liverpool spent a lot but most of their spend came from the sale of Coutinho. Unless they sell Salah, they won’t be able to augment their team in the same way this summer in preparation for the next season. Man City on the other hand could easily drop £100m - £200m (or however much their accounts’ creativity can hide on the balance sheets) and continue to strengthen.

City can just keep buying players to stay ahead of the pack. Even the clubs you mentioned have a limit, whereas financially doped teams do not.
Almost certain it was refuted and their net spend was also pretty massive. Data nerds do your thing. Totti Totti

With regards to where we want the title to go and which team is the least cuntish... My reasoning is slightly different.

If Liverpool go on to win the League, just like when Leicester won it, it will gloss over the glaring fact that post-Fergie, only financially doped teams have won the title aside from the aforementioned Leicester in that freak season.

What Liverpool winning could do is maintain the illusion that the Premier League is competitive, when in actual fact financial doping has made it anything but. That Liverpool *could* finish on 97pts and yet still not win the League is akin to a world-beating athlete at the very top of his/her game being unable to surpass a drug-assisted competitor. Virtually impossible.

For me I want City to win the League, this season and every season. Only when this facade of a “competitive” and “unpredictable” league falls away, and revenues diminish as international TV rights, sponsorship etc dry up, will anything ever be done to combat financial doping.

Liverpool had a 100m more net spend than City last summer. They also have a higher wage bill.

That's just categorically not the case though.

"Boooooo dippers" doesn't make that whole other side of the conversation magically dissapear.

You want the EPL to become monopolised like Germany or Italy? Think that bodes well for Spurs and any aspirations you have for them?

Hate Liverpool all you like, but don't choose ignorance.

Mate, it already IS monopolised, that's my point, what can we actually do to stop City spunking a fortune every single window? Nothing, we either match them or hope they have an off season and we make the most of it (as things currently are.)

Liverpool winning the league over City isn't going to stop City monopolising anything, it just means we have to deal with hearing about Liverpool for the next 10 fucking years and their whiney cunt fans banging on about it constantly, hearing about how Mo Salah is the best player in the prem etc.

Then City will go back to winning it again but that will never undo the annoyance of the Scouse twats winning it.

Nobody wants them to win it over City and that includes people who hate City.

- Pretty sure Liverpool's spending is quite high as well.
- Leicester were just doped without the financing.
- Though the sums these days are rocketing, football always favoured the strongly financed. Liverpool rose to fame with money or Woolwich between wars. Bayern always enjoyed the cushion of BMW, Real had the government, and the Italian giants were always supported by rich clubs. Even our 1901 FA cup winning side had mostly players outside of tottenham. so basically the only difference is sheer insane quantities, not the fact the money makes the world go round

Financially doped themselves out of the championship allegedly.

As for the closing para..... True. A line ought to have been drawn though.... Legit FFP....? The fact that we have the royal family of a dodgy oil state threatening to monopolise the game (not merely in this country) suggests a few steps too far.

Back
Top Bottom