Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Contrary to partisan group-think; as devils go, City occupy the box-seat and represent far more potential harm to the game.

If it wasn't for their cringey fans no-one would give a shit about Liverpool. That said, since the CL qtr I've developed a never level of distain for City (and their fans) anyway and as schaudenfraud goes; Pep's quadruple crumbling to dust and him walking away with a mere LC would be righteous comedic bliss in it's own right.

I mean, in a best case scenario both clubs would be eradicated, however, City are just an empty vessel of a football club now and them winning the league really has no major effect on anything.

Liverpool however with their victim mentality, the desperate pundits in the media that slobber over them and have been doing for as long as I can remember, even when they were finishing in 7th and pretty much everything about their club from top to bottom just makes me nauseous, I only dislike the scum more than I like these cretins and them winning the PL would be the worst thing to happen to the PL currently, honestly we would never ever hear the end of it, every football broadcast, every program, every match pundit and commentators would find a way comment on it for the next 10+ years and use their success as a measuring stick.

Not for me at all.

Ridiculous consistency.

Kane would have been a shoe-in.

Shame he's likely now got to wait 5 more years to join that list. Though by then, he'd have broken Shearers all time top goalscorer record.

I mean, in a best case scenario both clubs would be eradicated, however, City are just an empty vessel of a football club now and them winning the league really has no major effect on anything.

Liverpool however with their victim mentality, the desperate pundits in the media that slobber over them and have been doing for as long as I can remember, even when they were finishing in 7th and pretty much everything about their club from top to bottom just makes me nauseous, I only dislike the scum more than I like these cretins and them winning the PL would be the worst thing to happen to the PL currently, honestly we would never ever hear the end of it, every football broadcast, every program, every match pundit and commentators would find a way comment on it for the next 10+ years and use their success as a measuring stick.

Not for me at all.

QFT

ss.png

v

D5PzO2qWAAMfL1f.jpg:large

With regards to where we want the title to go and which team is the least cuntish... My reasoning is slightly different.

If Liverpool go on to win the League, just like when Leicester won it, it will gloss over the glaring fact that post-Fergie, only financially doped teams have won the title aside from the aforementioned Leicester in that freak season.

What Liverpool winning could do is maintain the illusion that the Premier League is competitive, when in actual fact financial doping has made it anything but. That Liverpool *could* finish on 97pts and yet still not win the League is akin to a world-beating athlete at the very top of his/her game being unable to surpass a drug-assisted competitor. Virtually impossible.

For me I want City to win the League, this season and every season. Only when this facade of a “competitive” and “unpredictable” league falls away, and revenues diminish as international TV rights, sponsorship etc dry up, will anything ever be done to combat financial doping.

It’s not just their (Liverpool) wanky fans*, some of us had to endure their domination of English football in the late seventies/eighties including Ronny wanker Whelan and his cunty clicky clicky fingers as they skanked an undeserved win over us in extra time to inflict our first Wembley defeat.

What other dominance do you think I was alluding to in my post? ....1 (half) night in Turin? : P

*and when I say wanky fans, I don’t just mean the shrill scouse fuckwits of today, I also mean the dirty cunts of the eighties who uses hunt in snidey packs looking for one’s and two’s to pick off and cut up. Dirty cunts.

....I'm a bit too young for much of the shenanigans, mind.

You'd call yourself a footy guy, right?

Presumably you at least see where I'm coming from here...?

I don't expect to change a single persons mind if they 'hate' Liverpool that much, just questioning the depth of reasoning behind City being seen as the lesser of the two evils. I suspect only so many would have given the reply you did. Touche.

Can't stand City or Liverpool but better for us if Liverpool fail to win it. Simple.

Spendiola will stay for 2 more years and even Klopp will burn out. More importantly no way Liverpool are as good or fortuitous next season.. if they win it though hmmmm...

With regards to where we want the title to go and which team is the least cuntish... My reasoning is slightly different.

If Liverpool go on to win the League, just like when Leicester won it, it will gloss over the glaring fact that post-Fergie, only financially doped teams have won the title aside from the aforementioned Leicester in that freak season.

What Liverpool winning could do is maintain the illusion that the Premier League is competitive, when in actual fact financial doping has made it anything but. That Liverpool *could* finish on 97pts and yet still not win the League is akin to a world-beating athlete at the very top of his/her game being unable to surpass a drug-assisted competitor. Virtually impossible.

For me I want City to win the League, this season and every season. Only when this facade of a “competitive” and “unpredictable” league falls away, and revenues diminish as international TV rights, sponsorship etc dry up, will anything ever be done to combat financial doping.
- Pretty sure Liverpool's spending is quite high as well.
- Leicester were just doped without the financing.
- Though the sums these days are rocketing, football always favoured the strongly financed. Liverpool rose to fame with money or Woolwich between wars. Bayern always enjoyed the cushion of BMW, Real had the government, and the Italian giants were always supported by rich clubs. Even our 1901 FA cup winning side had mostly players outside of tottenham. so basically the only difference is sheer insane quantities, not the fact the money makes the world go round

Back
Top Bottom