Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see him as an excellent option in rotation for Eriksen when we play the dross in the early rounds of Cups and shite PL sides. Eriksen is our king, we need to look after him.

I just don't think he has close to Eriksen's intelligence of movement or vision myself. I'd much rather go after Brandt, who's got a 22m release clause and is a much more intelligent, versatile and productive player.

Edwards who couldn't get in a Championship team and Roles who can barely get on our bench, despite injuries?

Yeah, I know it's not going happen that way, I would just rather that myself.

The stuff about loans is pretty moot. Kane looked shit on most of his loans, Leicester and Norwich fans were laughing at him for missing sitters etc. I think Edwards has benefitted from his loan (until Moniz came in) and I think he would really benefit from playing With better players in our first team. Give us something we don't have. Roles likewise has a rare gift of timing, he might not look as aesthetically pleasing as Grealish but he gets into great positions and is a really cool finisher. I just do not get why he's been totally ignored by Pochettino, whilst we have literally no attacking players on our bench.

Sterling not in the squad for Sunderland. Wonder if he has returned to Spurs? He has been playing half hours in recent games.
Plenty of empty seats at this play off game.

I just don't think he has close to Eriksen's intelligence of movement or vision myself. I'd much rather go after Brandt, who's got a 22m release clause and is a much more intelligent, versatile and productive player.
He's a genuine baller mate. Works hard off the ball too. I'd agree he's not as smart as Eriksen but Eriksen has had a very different schooling and I think that shows. But Eriksen is also surrounded by better players, this is highly significant when comparing the output of creative players. He also will fill out much needed English quota too. However, I think it will be academic as I think Villa will go up, they appear to have momentum.

I'm afraid I haven't seen much of Brandt but aware he has a good rep.

Brandt should be on the top of our list (absolute steal for £22m), but it's questionable whether we can sign him, would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom