Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wilmar Barrios is having a mini Sissoko performance as well. He's everywhere in the Colombian midfield. He has definitely benefited from moving to Europe.

Just finished first half of the Argentine/Columbia game. Scrappy half of football that was, definitely edged by Columbia. Best player for me that half was Cuadrado, showed some nice touches playing a more 8 type role - not really seen him play like that much. Lo Celso worked hard enough and showed a couple of decent touches, but this Argentina team is such a mess, set up in a 442 to accommodate Messi and Aguero

James Rodriguez is still a very good footballer. If someone could turn him into an 8 (like DeBruyne at City) in a 433, he could be well worth a punt. He's played that kind of role for Bayern at times, not sure it would work in the PL though.

Stanley Stanley and ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik
Barrios is decent defensively - without the ball - but he's pretty one dimensional - He's not as good as 2017 Wanyama. He's certainly no Fernandinho is he. Can't say I'm devastated we passed on him.

Quieroz is a great appointment by the Colombian FA. He has them playing good football. If he gets a few years they could end up becoming a proper force in South American football.

Why not, been working for Ireland for 30 years.And England aren't averse to the odd bit of cobbling (cough Declan Rice).

I'd say that was a matter of opinion. : P

(I just find it comedically endearing.... I'm envisaging a Python-esque sketch feature a cast of Giovanni's, Pedro's, Klaus's, Trevor's and Vladimir's).

Back
Top Bottom