Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is great. Folks laughing at WHam and disrespectfully assuming we are gonna walk past Palace tomorrow. Palace, a team we have barely squeezed by in the last 3 meetings (maybe even more, like 5) by one lucky goal FFS. If they are up for it it is going to be a long day on that small pitch. It's like folks haven't seen our last few games nor recognize our current lack of threat. Let's hope you are right.

Er... Palace are a prem team and if we lost to them it would be painful but Wimbledon are League One, it is a total humiliation losing to a League One side. You can’t compare losing to Palace and AFC Wimbledon.

Yeah, fuck football tribalism.
Yeah, because that's what I said I guess. But in reality fuck all tribalism and any other small-mindedness...unless small-mindedness is your thing. If so more power to ya.

We should never be allowed to enjoy a team losing a game of football or being knocked out of the cup in case it happens to us.
Yeah, again, because that's what I said I guess. Keeping perspective is always a good thing and if we go out tomorrow then you look kinda foolish and premature in your celebrations, no? Unless you like looking foolish and premature is your thing. If so then more power to ya.

If you've got a knack for strawmen then I support you in your endeavors. I would just prefer if you focused on the points I actually made and not silly constructed ones that are conveniently refuted.

Er... Palace are a prem team and if we lost to them it would be painful but Wimbledon are League One, it is a total humiliation losing to a League One side. You can’t compare losing to Palace and AFC Wimbledon.
Er...losing is losing and has the same effect in the end, both teams playing golf on subsequent FA Cup weekends. But I do concede that context matters. But if we were to go out to Palace somehow and you could console yourself with them being PL and not L1 then more power to you. If that gives you an edge in the feces flinging fight that is the tribalism that Totti Totti is banging on about then good for you. I would not be consoled by that.

Er...losing is losing and has the same effect in the end, both teams playing golf on subsequent FA Cup weekends. But I do concede that context matters. But if we were to go out to Palace somehow and you could console yourself with them being PL and not L1 then more power to you. If that gives you an edge in the feces flinging fight that is the tribalism that Totti Totti is banging on about then good for you. I would not be consoled by that.

It’s not about not being unhappy at going out it’s about embrassment, losing to Palace ain’t embrassing, losing to Wimbledon is hence why everyone is laughing at West Ham.

Yeah, because that's what I said I guess. But in reality fuck all tribalism and any other small-mindedness...unless small-mindedness is your thing. If so more power to ya.

Yeah, again, because that's what I said I guess. Keeping perspective is always a good thing and if we go out tomorrow then you look kinda foolish and premature in your celebrations, no? Unless you like looking foolish and premature is your thing. If so then more power to ya.

If you've got a knack for strawmen then I support you in your endeavors. I would just prefer if you focused on the points I actually made and not silly constructed ones that are conveniently refuted.

No.

Because we wouldn't have lost to a team bottom of League 1 and 10 points from safety, conceding 4 goals in the process.

We'd have lost to a Premier League team whilst having three key players out. Not that we'll lose tomorrow anyway. Palace are fucking gash. You know what would make me laugh even more? Chelsea losing to Sheffield Wednesday.

I can laugh at whatever fucking team I want. I laughed at Woolwich losing on their own turf on Friday and you bet I've fucking pissed myself laughing when West Ham lost.

It’s not about not being unhappy at going out it’s about embrassment,
You say tomato...

losing to Palace ain’t embrassing,
Do you consider Palace our equals? Do they have oour revenue, profile, etc etc? I would say it would be a wee bit embarrassing.

hence why everyone is laughing at West Ham.
Well, not everyone. It happens year after year after year after year. Hence the "magic of the cup" no?

Yes.

Because we wouldn't have lost to a team bottom of League 1 and 10 points from safety, conceding 4 goals in the process.
But we would have lost to a team that was 'gash' so we would be deserving of some derision, no?

I can laugh at whatever fucking team I want.
Well, that is assertive. Thankfully no one has attempted to abridge your rights in this area. Merely said, to paraphrase, that counting our chickens before what has been a very difficult match for us is unwise and may come back to bite.

Haven't you got a fucking Ligue 1 game to catch up on or something?
Is that for me? Really passive-aggressive if it is. If so, then no I don't. I am busy trying to find the most petty, inconsequential little point of difference between my team and another team so I can get into petty, juvenile, online pissing contests. It makes me a better supporter. I can't enjoy the game otherwise.

Last edited:
Choosing? Ahhh
That’s why you don’t get it
Right, because it's not a choice. :pocheyes:

I get tribalism as does the biggest mouth breathing, knuckle-dragging moron on the planet. It is a lowest common denominator mentality. What I don't get is people, presumably adults, behaving like this and somehow deriving a bit of pride about it. When put in this context is there something you would still like me to 'get'?

My initial point was the assumption and disrespect that we were gonna walk over Palace tomorrow and counting chickens. We may but recent history suggests it won't be easy. And no matter how shit WHam's loss is it will be no consolation if we don't win.

Yes.

But we would have lost to a team that was 'gash' so we would be deserving of some derision, no?

Well, that is assertive. Thankfully no one has attempted to abridge your rights in this area. Merely said, to paraphrase, that counting our chickens before what has been a very difficult match for us is unwise and may come back to bite.
You clearly grew up fatherless

You clearly grew up fatherless
Is that what you got from my post? I'm sure you are quite proud of yourself with that post huh? You'd be wrong but we should focus on the positives. You're utilizing polysyllabic words now. Well done. You must be the pride of the G'island.

Is that what you got from my post? I'm sure you are quite proud of yourself with that post huh? You'd be wrong but we should focus on the positives. You're utilizing polysyllabic words now. Well done. You must be the pride of the G'island.
tenor.gif

I get tribalism as does the biggest mouth breathing, knuckle-dragging moron on the planet. It is a lowest common denominator mentality. What I don't get is people, presumably adults, behaving like this and somehow deriving a bit of pride about it. When put in this context is there something you would still like me to 'get'?

Guess you don't respect religion, politics, home town, national or racial identity either ... all are a form of tribalism and seeing as 99% of the planet's population can identify with at least one of these things then according to you we must all be "knuckle-dragging morons"

It's sad to know that the 80's mentality whereby all football fans are somehow sub-human is still alive and kicking in some people ... you should get a job at the Sun you'd fit right in.

It's perfectly fine and reasonable for all Spurs fans to take great pleasure in first Woolwich then West Ham getting booted out the Cup ... if you can't accept that then maybe you just don't get what 'being a Yid' means to most Spurs fans ... and frankly that's your loss

Guess you don't respect religion, politics, home town, national or racial identity either ... all are a form of tribalism and seeing as 99% of the planet's population can identify with at least one of these things then according to you we must all be "knuckle-dragging morons"

It's sad to know that the 80's mentality whereby all football fans are somehow sub-human is still alive and kicking in some people ... you should get a job at the Sun you'd fit right in.

It's perfectly fine and reasonable for all Spurs fans to take great pleasure in first Woolwich then West Ham getting booted out the Cup ... if you can't accept that then maybe you just don't get what 'being a Yid' means to most Spurs fans ... and frankly that's your loss

Partisan attitudes are to be expected, but I think it’s the violence he was criticising more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom