Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the guy would be a calamity in the Premier League. He’s a classic case of a centre half that looks top class in Serie A but would be pants in any other top league.

Unlike Kurt Zouma, Harry Maguire and Devran Lovren and you mean?

I think he may not be a Rolls Royce, but he could have played in the PL no problem and been a fuck of a lot better than much of the dross that’s masquerading as CB’s.

Unlike Kurt Zouma, Harry Maguire and Devran Lovren and you mean?

I think he may not be a Rolls Royce, but he could have played in the PL no problem and been a fuck of a lot better than much of the dross that’s masquerading as CB’s.
No ones arguing that those 3 CBs you mention aren’t also extremely overrated/shit. Doesn’t change the fact I think there’s a reason no big team from the PL or La Liga has come in for Koulibaly.
Even in this game compare him to Lenglet, who isn’t nearly as highly rated yet is twice the centre back Koulibaly is IMO.

Bayern are the first team to start a Champions League campaign with eight consecutive wins in the competition's current format:

Goals: 31
Conceded: 6
Clean sheets: 4

Half the goals they conceded were against Spurs.

Impressive. Imagine averaging four goals and conceding less than one per match in the CL.

I really hope Bayern wins the CL this year. Top class club.

I suppose I am proud that they didn’t have a clean sheet against us and we scored 3 against them, but then I remember they scored 10 on us.

Impressive. Imagine averaging four goals and conceding less than one per match in the CL.

I really hope Bayern wins the CL this year. Top class club.

I suppose I am proud that they didn’t have a clean sheet against us and we scored 3 against them, but then I remember they scored 10 on us.

Yeah - they've been incredible.

Considering some thought they would 'struggle' (by their standards) going into this season due to an ageing defence, losing key players in Ribery and Robben and not signing any real huge stars - they've done exceptionally well.

Crazy to think that in December, they were 7th in the Bundesliga.

But since then, they've won 19 out of their last 20 league games (drawing the other 0-0) and walked the league. In fact, in all competitions they've won 26 out of 27 games played since 7th December.

The likes of Gnabry, Davies and Mueller really went up a level this season and Lewandowski having a hand in over 60 goals is just phenomenal.

Looks like we'll get a Bayern Munich/Man City semi final in the Champions League - should be one hell of a game.

Though you can never write Messi off.

For worse examples of 80m spent on CB’s see my post above. He probably isn’t, but I’ve seen dafter money spent.

Ee6YPTrX0AYJ67H

Yeah - they've been incredible.

Considering some thought they would 'struggle' (by their standards) going into this season due to an ageing defence, losing key players in Ribery and Robben and not signing any real huge stars - they've done exceptionally well.

Crazy to think that in December, they were 7th in the Bundesliga.

But since then, they've won 19 out of their last 20 league games (drawing the other 0-0) and walked the league. In fact, in all competitions they've won 26 out of 27 games played since 7th December.

The likes of Gnabry, Davies and Mueller really went up a level this season and Lewandowski having a hand in over 60 goals is just phenomenal.

Looks like we'll get a Bayern Munich/Man City semi final in the Champions League - should be one hell of a game.

Though you can never write Messi off.

Hansi Flick is the latest rookie manager to be a superstar manager from the beginning at a big club. He is a genius.

In a single game anything can happen, but I believe BM are the best club in the world. I fully expect them to beat Barca and City. Both of those defenses are porous and I believe BM will make them pay.

Next season they will have Sane. Should be an even better squad.

Hansi Flick is the latest rookie manager to be a superstar manager from the beginning at a big club. He is a genius.

In a single game anything can happen, but I believe BM are the best club in the world. I fully expect them to beat Barca and City. Both of those defenses are porous and I believe BM will make them pay.

Next season they will have Sane. Should be an even better squad.

Crazy how you just go from assistant manager for 13 years after two average managerial reigns and become one of the best managers of the last year at the age of 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom