Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are his weaknesses, Tom? Saw him at least twice recently and was really surprised by some of his defensive lapses. He was in a trance.
I just don’t think he’s technically very good, and would be horribly exposed in the PL.
I would also be very slow to rate a centre back playing in a league which made Federico Fazio and Chris Smalling look like good centre halves.

You’re next level

Who you can't help but quote every day of your life.

giphy.gif

How about in terms of technical ability ?
Do you think Muller could perform well for us ? or Dele could play well for Bayern ?

Dele would not do as well at Bayern as Muller, but he would do better for Bayern than he does here. The talent around him at Bayern would be far superior to the talent around him at Spurs. He could exploit spaces and do his flicks with great success at Bayern, but I don’t see him contributing 30+ goals in a season like Muller.

The video above explains that Muller’s technical abilities do not reflect his performance or output. He scores and assists a lot of goals, but his technical abilities are not so good that you would expect that type of output. Instead, he exploits spaces very effectively. Sounds like Dele.

Last edited:
Does Thomas Muller need 17 touches before deciding what to do with the ball?

The ease with which he takes it on the half turn. The speed with which he can process information about his surroundings: where his opponents are; where his teammates are. The quality of his decision-making. The technical ability to execute his decisions. His touch. His ball-striking technique. He is not just hanging around for tap-ins. The intensity of his pressing. His physicality. His leadership.

The ease with which he takes it on the half turn. The speed with which he can process information about his surroundings: where his opponents are; where his teammates are. The quality of his decision-making. The technical ability to execute his decisions. His touch. His ball-striking technique. He is not just hanging around for tap-ins. The intensity of his pressing. His physicality. His leadership.

Yeah - don't really get the Dele comparison.

If anything, Kane could be our Mueller if he decided to play #10 such is his brilliant technical ability,.

Doesn’t stop Umtiti being linked away. Or Ramos or Varane being linked with moves away from Madrid in the past.
I’ve never heard Lenglet mentioned in the conversation of best CBs in the world before, while Koulibaly routinely is.

I think Umtiti is linked away because Barca are trying to shift him. I think Koulibaly will get linked more than the likes of Lenglet because he’s at Napoli and there’s plenty of options above them in the food chain.

He’s the best under rated attacker in recent footballing history.

Tonight: Inter v Leverkusen + Man. United v Copenhagen
Tuesday: Wolves v Sevilla (+ Shakhtar v Basel)
Wednesday: Atalanta v PSG
Thursday: Leipzig v Atletico Madrid
Friday: Barcelona v Bayern
Saturday: Man. City v Lyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom