Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone keep fucking whining about VAR offsides “ruining the game”.

Like the old system of incorrect offsides, every single fucking game, was better.

And of course those same people never whined about the constant stream of shit offsides.

Anyone have a screenshot of this supposed offside? I didn't want to put myself through watching the bin dippers.

80697419_1053812078303405_6835930528827310080_o.jpg

Fucking joke mate

Sorry mate but his boot was off. Have a look at it again.

On the other hand...I dont even think Pukki was offside yesterday
I agree about Pukki not sure how they could rule that offside , maybe the players should over rule the ref and score a blatant own goal for every dodgy VAR decision

VAR is beyond a joke, people who say "offside is offside" should literally be banned of watching football for 2 years and go watch chess or something.

The law was meant to add another layer of the attacking process, you PRACTICE going against deeper defender lines only to be a pixel offside? This isn't a skill, this is pure luck, this is killing football and everyone should see it.

Last edited:
It isn't his hand that is the issue. It is his foot position compared to the defender's knee. I am not defending the decision because this is not clear and obvious for me, but the hand claim just confuses the issue.
Exactlyyyyyyy omg thank you.

Foot clearly off. As I said....the lines are not even needed to see that. Both VAR decisions correct.

The worst VAR call this season for a offside was 100% the Pukki one. There was another angle they showed (just once) which stilled the image just as the player released the ball and Pukki was clearly on.

Why does everyone keep fucking whining about VAR offsides “ruining the game”.

Like the old system of incorrect offsides, every single fucking game, was better.

And of course those same people never whined about the constant stream of shit offsides.
I think for me it’s the fact that before it was quite obvious as if it was offside you saw the lino with his flag up and you knew it was offside, now you have to wait ages before someone draws a line and determines whether someone’s eye lash was offside, it’s not as bad watching it at home but being at the game it’s a farce as you just have to sit there waiting to be allowed to celebrate or not

Exactly. Eventually people will stop celebrating when a goal is scored, and just sit around for 5 minutes waiting to see if they’re allowed to clap.
Indeed. It's seriously affected me. Every goal we score where there's even a hint of something up it feels me with dread and trepidation. Then there's the minutes upon minutes of waiting.
Can't see it ever being scraped now unfortunately, so I thought Souness on Sky just had a good idea: if any part of your body is onside the goal should be given. Might help a bit. But as it stands, it's bollocks as goals galore are getting chalked off for bloody milimetres.

But are we sure this is frozen at the exact frame when the ball was played? I’m pretty sure there is a small margin for error either way so its never going to be binary
Mate you're initial point was that it was the wrong decision because his hand was offside. Now you're moving the goal posts.

He is offside and tbh this ones not even that close compared to other ones we have seen this season.

I think for me it’s the fact that before it was quite obvious as if it was offside you saw the lino with his flag up and you knew it was offside, now you have to wait ages before someone draws a line and determines whether someone’s eye lash was offside, it’s not as bad watching it at home but being at the game it’s a farce as you just have to sit there waiting to be allowed to celebrate or not

But then you celebrate - and by then tension has built up even more.

It’s not like there weren’t times we’d celebrate before, only to see the flag had gone up. At least now we know if it’s onside, it will be correctly given and if not it won’t. And there’s no human error “or bullshit conspiracy” to fuck us over.

I was so sick of ref decisions incorrectly deciding huge games and even more so of people whining constantly about regs decisions incorrectly deciding games, this is fine by me.

The Wolves players foot is in front of the Liverpool players foot but then you factor in that the Liverpool player isn't just standing upright..

I'm more amazed that they haven't got more cameras in grounds now, especially at ground level all around the pitch for decisions like offside instead of relying on some football fan in a room and his photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom