Other matches Fred - 2019/2020.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves absolutely blew us away mate. Completly played us off the park. It was only the other day surely you haven't forgotten how lucky we were?

Wolves are an excellent side with a good manager not a bottom of the table side that you were alleging earlier

We won 2-1 with a superb header from Jan and yes we rode our luck at times but your anti José agenda is getting worse mate

Get behind him

Wolves are an excellent side with a good manager not a bottom of the table side that you were alleging earlier

We won 2-1 with a superb header from Jan and yes we rode our luck at times but your anti José agenda is getting worse mate

Get behind him
Mate, we haven't gone toe to toe with a club above 12th and been outplayed by everyone above. No need to be a pedant, we were shite against Wolves, absolutely shite. I can't and will not get behind this.

I sing and support my team EVERY game mate. I am a happy clapper, hated by so many fans in our ranks for being such!! I will with absolutely & with pleasure get behind him if he gives me something to get behind. Not seen it yet. So I will call him out on it on a forum where such things should be freely debated.

Boot clearly off. Don't even need the stupid lines to see that.
look at the dippers knee

the thing is ( and i thought Pukkis goal wasnt offside, although i thought aurier was fouled anyway), when its that close, how can be sure that they have stopped it at the precise moment the ball is played? they cant.

Mate, we haven't gone toe to toe with a club above 12th and been outplayed by everyone above. No need to be a pedant, we were shite against Wolves, absolutely shite. I can't and will not get behind this.

I sing and support my team EVERY game mate. I am a happy clapper, hated by so many fans in our ranks for being such!! I will with absolutely & with pleasure get behind him if he gives me something to get behind. Not seen it yet. So I will call him out on it on a forum where such things should be freely debated.

Not being a pedant just disagreeing with you

I disagree that we haven’t gone toe to toe with a club above 12th

we were unfortunate to lose at Anfield and at Leicester both top four clubs

Not under José though?

It's a fair point that we were bad or even woeful at United and Wolves and at home v Chelsea. A draw might have been fair at Molineux, but we deserved absolutely nothing from the games v United and Chelsea. Didn't really come as a surprise, but it shows that there is still a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
Not being a pedant just disagreeing with you

I disagree that we haven’t gone toe to toe with a club above 12th

.................and those games were when Poch was our Manager!!! Are you now going to try and make a speech that we've "improved" under Jose? Despite being played off the park by every club we've played under him that's above 13th!!!

I can see more dropped points for the clubs around us during the next round of games. Beating Southampton before we play Liverpool is very important.

Are you now going to try and make a speech that we've "improved" under Jose?

A little bit. We're still God awful, but there have been moments.

By all accounts Poch had basically checked out. He never got over the Champions League final and he was sulking with the squad and feeling sorry for himself. He didn't really give Levy much choice. He wanted to get sacked.

I'm not sure how any incoming manager can make Dier's legs work faster. fix Wanyama or teach Sissoko to do something other than run in straight lines.

I have absolutely no love for Mourinho. I'll support him while he's with us, but that's about it. But I'm not getting stuck into him yet. He needs at least another 12 months before judgement.

A little bit. We're still God awful, but there have been moments.

By all accounts Poch had basically checked out. He never got over the Champions League final and he was sulking with the squad and feeling sorry for himself. He didn't really give Levy much choice. He wanted to get sacked.

I'm not sure how any incoming manager can make Dier's legs work faster. fix Wanyama or teach Sissoko to do something other than run in straight lines.

I have absolutely no love for Mourinho. I'll support him while he's with us, but that's about it. But I'm not getting stuck into him yet. He needs at least another 12 months before judgement.
So we can't critique him for 12 months?!? It's likely he'll be off the year after that.

I'm not talking about Poch though, he's gone. This is about Jose. He's been great in the press confs, a breath of fresh air. On the pitch, however, we are still shit.

.................and those games were when Poch was our Manager!!! Are you now going to try and make a speech that we've "improved" under Jose? Despite being played off the park by every club we've played under him that's above 13th!!!

Clyneish beat you to it!!

But why have you changed it from 12th to 13 th?

Jose has only been here for a few weeks and he took over a dispirited side that had lost it’s way and ran out of ideas

Watching us now of course there’s still lots to do and he needs to get his own players in while assessing what he’s got

But I think we’re showing a lot more fight and spirit now than we were and I’m delighted to have him in charge

You clearly aren’t and I wonder what Jose is going to have to do to win over fans like you

This time next year will be totally different but in the meantime I will get behind our club whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom