Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell. I don't know how Hodgson can have the front to celebrate that goal.

I think they just said something like, over the home and away games Brighton have had 44 shots, Palace have had 4.

Football eh...

There's lack of finishing talent, and then there's whatever Brighton is this season.

I don't think there is a chance they are relegated- they are so much better than basically every team in the bottom half. Eventually enough chances will go in.

There's lack of finishing talent, and then there's whatever Brighton is this season.

I don't think there is a chance they are relegated- they are so much better than basically every team in the bottom half. Eventually enough chances will go in.

I hope they don't as they have been on the most entertaining teams, but Potter is most likely gone anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Will be interesting to see where Potter ends up.

He'll be at a bigger club than Brighton within the next season or two - I wonder if he might go to Newcastle if Bruce is sacked.

Will be interesting to see where Potter ends up.

He'll be at a bigger club than Brighton within the next season or two - I wonder if he might go to Newcastle if Bruce is sacked.
I could see him being interested in the Villa job. He's from Solihull and was on the books at Birmingham City as a boy. He also played 43 games for West Brom and spent some time at Southampton. So those clubs could also be of interested. Saints in particular.

Just watched the Brighton game out of interest, holy hell did they dominate.

Ben White with another Foyth type moment. I keep making the comparison as both are similar physique wise and both have on-the-ball skills, but it's these brain farts that really stick out. That uncontrolled kick at 94 minutes set up that game-winning goal and is why I don't buy this kid yet. I just don't trust him.

I could be as far out as a lighthouse here, but I think Potter needs to go away and study German football methods. I would like to see more aggression and a lot more verticality from that Brighton side.

Just watched the Brighton game out of interest, holy hell did they dominate.

Ben White with another Foyth type moment. I keep making the comparison as both are similar physique wise and both have on-the-ball skills, but it's these brain farts that really stick out. That uncontrolled kick at 94 minutes set up that game-winning goal and is why I don't buy this kid yet. I just don't trust him.
I don't think it was such a big error. Things like that happen. What didn't impress me was the lack of pressure on Townsend and Big Dan Burn not knowing what day of the week it was at the back post (or pipe, as I believe y'all like to call it over there).

I don't think it was such a big error. Things like that happen. What didn't impress me was the lack of pressure on Townsend and Big Dan Burn not knowing what day of the week it was at the back post (or pipe, as I believe y'all like to call it over there).
Personally it was a huge error. 94th minute, you are a CB that is in the other teams half and you wildly boot the ball into the air and it errantly goes 50 ft into the air behind you and to their forward.

If he either traps that or just sends it for a throwing they get the point.

Personally it was a huge error. 94th minute, you are a CB that is in the other teams half and you wildly boot the ball into the air and it errantly goes 50 ft into the air behind you and to their forward.

If he either traps that or just sends it for a throwing they get the point.
I think he was trying to kick it back over his head to get it into the mixer, because they were pushing for the 3 points. He didn't play a through ball for Palace, like Sabitzer did for Liverpool last week. They got plenty of bodies back to deal with the situation. But for some bizarre reason, they were too hesitant in stopping Townsend swinging the cross in. And then Dan Burn goes to sleep. His second horrendous piece of defending in the game.

I don't know if Ben White is any good or not. I haven't watched him closely enough often enough. When I have watched him, I haven't been able to tell what the fuss is about. I'm told he played better for Leeds last season. I have no idea. I never watched Leeds until this season. Maybe others know better.

I think he was trying to kick it back over his head to get it into the mixer, because they were pushing for the 3 points. He didn't play a through ball for Palace, like Sabitzer did for Liverpool last week. They got plenty of bodies back to deal with the situation. But for some bizarre reason, they were too hesitant in stopping Townsend swinging the cross in. And then Dan Burn goes to sleep. His second horrendous piece of defending in the game.

I don't know if Ben White is any good or not. I haven't watched him closely enough often enough. When I have watched him, I haven't been able to tell what the fuss is about. I'm told he played better for Leeds last season. I have no idea. I never watched Leeds until this season. Maybe others know better.

Yeah, I agree it was more than just a mistake by Ben, but I don't want my CB who is on the sideline and not in position for a counter, kicking the ball haphazardly with 1 minute to go. But yes a collection of errors.

I never saw him at leeds either, but I have only missed one Brighton game this year. He has settled down a bit the last month or so, but I am not convinced yet. Could be a stones type situation where he needs some coaching cause he has the rough tools to be a modern day CB.

I think him being English is a big factor. He is not perfect but there are very few English CB's that are even average on the ball, so seeing one that is comfortable playing the ball, even if it comes with errors, means that he will get a lot of hype.

As long as there is a HG quota being English will have a benefit when evaluating players for the PL.

Back
Top Bottom