Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is time for him to get back in the saddle, even if that means lowering his expectations. It's a real waste.

I don't understand how it's got so bad that even Koeman is getting the gig at Barca before Poch's is being considered. I've got my issues with him, his last couple of years obviously, but it's fucking Koeman FFS, surely Pochettino was above Koeman on any list?

I could kind of understand knocking back Benfica and Monaco, they are potentially poisoned chalices and not even top tier poison chalices that pay a fuckload of dough and don't really dent a reputation, .........I guess he might also be waiting for a job he's had a nod on ? Like PSG maybe ? They might have said to him sit tight, Tuchel skating on thin ice, you're high on our list ???

I don't understand how it's got so bad that even Koeman is getting the gig at Barca before Poch's is being considered. I've got my issues with him, his last couple of years obviously, but it's fucking Koeman FFS, surely Pochettino was above Koeman on any list?
I think they mainly looked at the fact that Koeman is a Barcelona legend, although he has also won much more silverware as a coach than Poch.

I think they mainly looked at the fact that Koeman is a Barcelona legend, although he has also won much more silverware as a coach than Poch.

He hasn't won anything for 12 years and that was a Spanish cup. Dutch title with PSV 13 years ago, Ajax 18 years ago. Have they not watched his teams play football lately ? I don't understand how they could think he's a better match for their "ethos" than someone like Poch who at least demonstrated some kind of ability to coach something very proactive for 3-4 years prior to his last two of more vaguely proactive shite.

He hasn't won anything for 12 years and that was a Spanish cup. Dutch title with PSV 13 years ago, Ajax 18 years ago. Have they not watched his teams play football lately ? I don't understand how they could think he's a better match for their "ethos" than someone like Poch who at least demonstrated some kind of ability to coach something very proactive for 3-4 years prior to his last two of more vaguely proactive shite.
At least he has won a fair amount of silverware (compared to Poch who has won nothing), but as I said I think they mainly appointed him because he is a Barcelona legend and perhaps because he did reasonably well with the national team.. Certainly wouldn't have my choice though.

I could kind of understand knocking back Benfica and Monaco, they are potentially poisoned chalices and not even top tier poison chalices that pay a fuckload of dough and don't really dent a reputation, .........I guess he might also be waiting for a job he's had a nod on ? Like PSG maybe ? They might have said to him sit tight, Tuchel skating on thin ice, you're high on our list ???
I don't know the answer, but his quip about preferring to work on his farm than manage Barcelona seemed to be especially damaging.

todd1882 todd1882

The thoughts of a poster called maghnia:

I hardly ever post, 30 years that I support OL, including in league 2 where we had shirts for 69, and that Sochaux was our pet peeve ...

never felt such a vacuum of soul in this club, such resignation in mediocrity.

-memphis Depay or “stephane paille” we still don't know: overpriced because playing in league 1, what good first league player came to fill league 1? some will say yes but he is good with the oranje, yes, because with 10 very good players around him it is necessarily easier to play grigri ... 4 years that he is there and I think he still knows not say hello in French, the guy has never been to Lyon in his head. -

Dembelé: straight up from celtic glasgow ... what else?

karl toko ekambi: obviously A rough sense of direction in view of his twirling hips with his races as unpredictable as they are harmless. his journey? Paris Fc, sochaux, angers, villa real ... safe values!

maxwell "no need to add more" cornet: the guy looks nice and that's good! The fc put out who from Pires-Pouget?

thiago mendes: a conquistador name with 2 stars of LDC, a world cup and crazy highlights on youtube, reality, I seriously suspect this guy of having stolen the papers of a young Brazilian prodigy and of having makes the body disappear to take its place.

andersen: 30 million euros for a Swedish, or Danish, or Norwegian I don't know ... in short we bought a viking but without the ax and without the mind ... and a viking without these 2 attributes, c 'is finally very blah ...

jeff queen adelaide: what to say ... words fail me so much the gap between his non-hot income and his motivation to be transferred is great ...

Dubois: At least he is like the port hi, its level is marked above. We were warned.

So I agree with the majority in saying that Garcia is bad, and that he is participating in the effort to destroy OL and football in general, but we have to recognize that we have a wooden team and stop veiling our eyes. face.
It's been years since we bought any player who has proven himself and we try blows, but blows to 20 million, we have become the good pear of the selling clubs.

Concerning the young people of this evening, they were not bad, far from it, in any case they were not less good than the dancers that one buys and pays handsomely and they did not cost anything. I am not for an all-out integration of young people from the center, but we must review our balance and not buy players at a high price if we have the same level in stock and more recent.
we must buy less, better even if it means paying more but with guarantees

Barca is in the middle of the ultimate clusterfuck transition as Messi begrudgingly stays for one last season. They had to pay him a huge loyalty bonus on top of his massive salary, whilst the current coach offloads all his best mates like Suarez.

My instinct is that Xavi, the clear heir apparent, did not want to have to tell all his former teammates their time was up. So they appointed a loyal Barca man in Koeman to clean house.

Next season will see a new President and a new head coach building a new team in the post-Messi era. This sounds almost heretical, especially since for me Messi is the GOAT.

But Xavi will almost certainly be in charge next season, and he - not Espanyol's Poch - is the darling of the Barca fans.

EiRXkkeXgAkKki2

v

EiRWMgpX0AAIS1l

todd1882 todd1882

The thoughts of a poster called maghnia:

I hardly ever post, 30 years that I support OL, including in league 2 where we had shirts for 69, and that Sochaux was our pet peeve ...

never felt such a vacuum of soul in this club, such resignation in mediocrity.

-memphis Depay or “stephane paille” we still don't know: overpriced because playing in league 1, what good first league player came to fill league 1? some will say yes but he is good with the oranje, yes, because with 10 very good players around him it is necessarily easier to play grigri ... 4 years that he is there and I think he still knows not say hello in French, the guy has never been to Lyon in his head. -

Dembelé: straight up from celtic glasgow ... what else?

karl toko ekambi: obviously A rough sense of direction in view of his twirling hips with his races as unpredictable as they are harmless. his journey? Paris Fc, sochaux, angers, villa real ... safe values!

maxwell "no need to add more" cornet: the guy looks nice and that's good! The fc put out who from Pires-Pouget?

thiago mendes: a conquistador name with 2 stars of LDC, a world cup and crazy highlights on youtube, reality, I seriously suspect this guy of having stolen the papers of a young Brazilian prodigy and of having makes the body disappear to take its place.

andersen: 30 million euros for a Swedish, or Danish, or Norwegian I don't know ... in short we bought a viking but without the ax and without the mind ... and a viking without these 2 attributes, c 'is finally very blah ...

jeff queen adelaide: what to say ... words fail me so much the gap between his non-hot income and his motivation to be transferred is great ...

Dubois: At least he is like the port hi, its level is marked above. We were warned.

So I agree with the majority in saying that Garcia is bad, and that he is participating in the effort to destroy OL and football in general, but we have to recognize that we have a wooden team and stop veiling our eyes. face.
It's been years since we bought any player who has proven himself and we try blows, but blows to 20 million, we have become the good pear of the selling clubs.

Concerning the young people of this evening, they were not bad, far from it, in any case they were not less good than the dancers that one buys and pays handsomely and they did not cost anything. I am not for an all-out integration of young people from the center, but we must review our balance and not buy players at a high price if we have the same level in stock and more recent.
we must buy less, better even if it means paying more but with guarantees
November 9th...

Barca is in the middle of the ultimate clusterfuck transition as Messi begrudgingly stays for one last season. They had to pay him a huge loyalty bonus on top of his massive salary, whilst the current coach offloads all his best mates like Suarez.

My instinct is that Xavi, the clear heir apparent, did not want to have to tell all his former teammates their time was up. So they appointed a loyal Barca man in Koeman to clean house.

Next season will see a new President and a new head coach building a new team in the post-Messi era. This sounds almost heretical, especially since for me Messi is the GOAT.

But Xavi will almost certainly be in charge next season, and he - not Espanyol's Poch - is the darling of the Barca fans.
I think they should have cleaned house this season. It appears that the board is personally liable for debts accrued and that is the reason Bartomeu (sp?) wouldn't leave. Those debts would be ~15M for each board member or about 100M Euro. Selling Messi and getting 100M + Garcia (who they want anyway) would have aided this and 'punished' the board by marking them as the ones who sold Messi. But they would have done it to avoid financial ruin.

but like you say they probably want to keep that clean slate for Xavi. Problem is Messi might stick around now with a new board coming in. I would have sold him and he's the GOAT for me too.

From what I have been reading on that forum, OL is really quite dysfunctional.
Not from a business perspective and not from intent of the chairman. He's trying to put together a team to win and spending but it's not working right now.

Poch.

Their football last night was not unlike the tripe we are serving up.
It wasn't great. I bet you Les Bad Gones would kill for Genesio back right now. Schalke, Valencia, Lyon, and Spurs all super shit right now. Relegation fears for 2 of them and without the events of this week it would have been three. Christ.

You worried about tomorrow? After Bale folks will conveniently forget the slog of shit Mou cooked for us after his preseason and almost a full year with the squad. What we are seeing is Mou-the master tactician. And this is why I've never rated him. And never will. If he had us balling out of our minds and looking a finely drilled unit this season he would have earned my respect (not that he needs it). But this just further cements the fact that he is a translator with a big financial backing. Almost like a phys ed teacher but that phys ed teacher has a hell of a plan A.

Back
Top Bottom