Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't understand the controversy. Mings plays the balls so the player is not offside.

It is not complicated and I thought this was settled ages ago.

Ferdinand is a prick calling out the ref, he is following a simple "law".

I think some of the controversy is that City scored from the call and many did not want City to win so their bias is coming out.

You are right Mings clearly plays the ball so Rodri should not be offside.

I doubt we would hear much outrage if the teams were reversed, or at least not as much outrage.

This prompted a premier league memory but can't remember who it was. A goalkeeper is taking a kick (not a goal kick) and throws the ball down and as he takes a run up a player that's off the pitch near the post runs back on and just knocks it in. Who was the keeper/what was the two teams.

This prompted a premier league memory but can't remember who it was. A goalkeeper is taking a kick (not a goal kick) and throws the ball down and as he takes a run up a player that's off the pitch near the post runs back on and just knocks it in. Who was the keeper/what was the two teams.
Dion Dublin against Newcastle. Shay Given was the keeper.

Mings touches the ball and gets tackled almost immediately. He's gained an advantage
The rule states
  • A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball, including by deliberate handball, is not considered to have gained an advantage, unless it was a deliberate save by any opponent.
Having said that, the rule says, among other things but relevant here, the player should be penalised if they interfering with an opponent by
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball.

I don't believe Rodri made an action that interfered with Mings' ability to play the ball.

Robbie Keane did this to Brum City in a 2-1 win a few years ago (one of the seasons we were crap)

I'll dig out the game and year

Ooohhh. Worth tuning in to fulham match. Even a draw would be good. I think Fulham will need another to win. United are good at scoring out of nothing.

Back
Top Bottom