Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Except that he wasn't.

He didn't attempt to play the ball when he was offside and only played it after Mings had the ball.

I will say if the rules have some dumb clause that says you have to wait x minutes to play the ball then fair enough that is on the dumb rules, but common sense says that is a fine play from Rodri and he should not be considered offside at all.
Common sense? So players can just stand behind defenders and pretend to be out of the play but as soon as that defender touches the ball, they can rush to defend them?

Anyone who thinks there is nothing wrong with that play have never played this sport at a real level. Any player within 10 yards of the defender is affecting the play.

There are so many bullshit interpretations of rules. A player should never gain an advantage from breaking rules. Yet we see a million tactical fouls all game long that are rarely penalized. Now we see a player gaining an advantage by standing 10 yards offside... yet another player will be offside by a cunt hair and have it ruled out. What a fuckin joke

Common sense? So players can just stand behind defenders and pretend to be out of the play but as soon as that defender touches the ball, they can rush to defend them?

Anyone who thinks there is nothing wrong with that play have never played this sport at a real level. Any player within 10 yards of the defender is affecting the play.

There are so many bullshit interpretations of rules. A player should never gain an advantage from breaking rules. Yet we see a million tactical fouls all game long that are rarely penalized. Now we see a player gaining an advantage by standing 10 yards offside... yet another player will be offside by a cunt hair and have it ruled out. What a fuckin joke

While yes it's annoying when a goal is ruled out for being a gnats pube offside, I don't see the problem with last night's goal. Mings should have been aware of his surroundings. He had time to fucking boot it. As for tactical fouls? Grealish was tackling like he drives

If Mings had the ball for a couple of seconds longer, you would have no issue with it.

It is not an interpretation of the rules, it is stated within them. Mings played the ball and therefore nullified Rodri's offside position. I would expect people who have played sport, especially professional footballers, to understand this extremely simple rule. If they don't know it, they are negligent and a bit thick.

Take Ferdinand's punditry, which was shocking last night, he blamed the ref then realised he was wrong to do so, so he blamed the fact that rules were always changing, he was wrong about that as well as it is not a new rule. Eventually, he just called it illogical. The villa manager sounded like a stupid fool after the game as well. To me, it makes perfect sense. I am struggling to see any controversy surrounding it.

Peter Walton bullshitting his way out of being wrong. He's a fucking useless "expert" ref pundit.
Do you remember him the the cl quarter final vs City. He claimed Llorentes goal came off his knee!?!?

A lot of referees and ex referees seem absolutely clueless nd have a inflated sense os self importance. Clattenburg was going on the other day about how he avoided giving penalties agaisnt fergies United. Shocking admission.

If Mings had the ball for a couple of seconds longer, you would have no issue with it.

It is not an interpretation of the rules, it is stated within them. Mings played the ball and therefore nullified Rodri's offside position. I would expect people who have played sport, especially professional footballers, to understand this extremely simple rule. If they don't know it, they are negligent and a bit thick.

Take Ferdinand's punditry, which was shocking last night, he blamed the ref then realised he was wrong to do so, so he blamed the fact that rules were always changing, he was wrong about that as well as it is not a new rule. Eventually, he just called it illogical. The villa manager sounded like a stupid fool after the game as well. To me, it makes perfect sense. I am struggling to see any controversy surrounding it.
Villa maybe a bit rusty after their winter break

Burnley just had two plays where they were clearly offside, does VAR not call that anymore or is it only if they score?

I thought that is why linesmen don't raise their flags anymore so VAR can look at it.

Back
Top Bottom