Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not financially.

No way.

Their wage bill without Europe would crush them and likely force them to move some players on without bringing in replacements.

They bet it all on Partey this summer, hoping to get Europe to sustain their finances.

Sure it may help them in the league, but their finances would be a mess.

It'd fuck them.

Whilst it might mean they get rid of shit like Luiz, Aubamayang etc who MAY want to leave for European football - why on earth would anyone sign for them when they have no European football to offer and Mikel Arteta in charge.

This isn't like when United had no European football but were the biggest club in world football - this is Woolwich at the end of the day.

Lacazette has 1 year left on his deal in the summer. Leno, Bellerin, Xhaka, Nelson. Smith Rowe etc. all have 2 years left...... a year without European football, a chairman that doesn't really invest and a manager out of his depth is NOT a good future for them right now.

Yeah, I was thinking more about the football side and not having to play Thursday and being able to train all week.Especially if they brought a good coach in.

It might also force them to ditch some of those high wage anchors, go with the younger players, academy and purchased, which might also actually do them a favour as well.

Is the Europa money (or kudos) going to make a vast difference?

A stupid wanker is fine though yeah?!

I think we should reduce the number of personal insults overall but yes stupid wanker is not nearly as offensive as the word retarded which has been used to marginalize and insult a group of people, often incorrectly and contributed to making many peoples lives much worse.

Maybe you could argue that stupid wanker has done the same thing but I don't think you would be successful.

Yeah, I was thinking more about the football side and not having to play Thursday and being able to train all week.Especially if they brought a good coach in.

It might also force them to ditch some of those high wage anchors, go with the younger players, academy and purchased, which might also actually do them a favour as well.

I think the Europa money (or lack of it) is another excuse for Kroneke to cheap out on spending, not that he needs much of an excuse.

Also, is Europa a good time for them to get their supposedly good young (vastly overrated) talent chances to play?

I think the fluke FA title last year kind of saved them, but how long can they go on finishing out of European spots in the table? Playing their young guys is likely to continue that on for at least another year.

Well you laughed when 1882 used both retarded and stupid wanker so presumably you think it is?
Well the word retarded still actually exists in the English language. So to say something is retarded is not the same as calling someone a retard, which i would never use. But please don't drag me into YOUR arguement with 1882, he had every right to have a go back at you after you called him a stupid wanker, whilst using piss-poor grammar!..

:mourfacepalm:

Yup, YOU'RE right.... it was from last night... apologies.... post rightfully deleted.....

But PLEASE DON'T call someone a "Stupid Wanker" when YOUR grammar is that of a retarded 5 year old!
Remember the APOSTROPHE my friend, before you start accusing people of being "stupid wankers"... otherwise, unfortunately, YOU'RE the wanker who just looks stupid.
(Apostrophe intended!)

Someone who goes to all the trouble of quoting a bunch of posts for a totally unnecessary and unsolicited (as I’d had no interaction with you or personally insulted anyone in those posts) personal dig, and gets it all fucking wrong is definitely a stupider wanker than the person who just forgot an apostrophe.

You could argue European money is more important than ever given COVID meaning there will be like no match day revenue.

Well the word retarded still actually exists in the English language. So to say something is retarded is not the same as calling someone a retard, which i would never use. But please don't drag me into YOUR arguement with 1882, he had every right to have a go back at you after you called him a stupid wanker, whilst using piss-poor grammar!..

No he didn’t. He fucked up having a pop at me for no reason whatsoever. All I did was forget an apostrophe when pointing out the wanky unnecessary dig and the stupidity of getting it all wrong. Which he acknowledged.

It was fucking pathetic attempt to save face after his stupid wanky pop.

And only a stupid wanker like you would condone it.

You could argue European money is more important than ever given COVID meaning there will be like no match day revenue.

But the Europa’s worth what 5-15m in prize money? I guess if we have fans back to normal you can add another what 5-7m if you went deep into it?

Don’t get me wrong, I like us being in Europe, but it’s not like CL boost money and it would at least allow a team to train properly for a whole season.

But the Europa’s worth what 5-15m in prize money? I guess if we have fans back to normal you can add another what 5-7m if you went deep into it?

Don’t get me wrong, I like us being in Europe, but it’s not like CL boost money and it would at least allow a team to train properly for a whole season.
Swiss Ramble estimated they earned nearly 40 million when they were in the final a couple years ago...

No he didn’t. He fucked up having a pop at me for no reason whatsoever. All I did was forget an apostrophe when pointing out the wanky unnecessary dig and the stupidity of getting it all wrong. Which he acknowledged.

How's your book 'How to win friends and influence people' coming along?

The fact that people still think it is ok to use the term retarded is both sad and disgusting.
Oh Jesus, what have I done?

Retarded is STILL ok to use this week... (I'm sure it'll change soon) ....there aren't many words left that you can use to tell someone they're not quite playing with 52 cards....
Maybe THAT'S it... maybe we have to hide behind analogies to say our piece...

One spanner short of a tool box...

Some mayonnaise short of a salad....

One tomato short of a full Pizza....

I'm sure there are more....

I just don't think we're allowed to call stupid people stupid... for FEAR of offense.... so maybe we just let them get on with being stupid, for FEAR of offending anyone....

Good day to you Sir, I bid you farewell!
Someone who goes to all the trouble of quoting a bunch of posts for a totally unnecessary and unsolicited (as I’d had no interaction with you or personally insulted anyone in those posts) personal dig, and gets it all fucking wrong is definitely a stupider wanker than the person who just forgot an apostrophe.
YOUR WRITE! I'm a wnaker! You win!

I didn't see the date the pots were posted! Sorry.
I'm a wnaker.... but you still cunt spell proprerly.... I get that, and understand you're point!
I apogolise sinsearly!
It was no trouble btw... I just hit 'quote' on a load of replies I didn't check the date on... my bad, properly bad on my part! Shouldn't have done it.... but for ALL my failings, at least I know where an apostrophe belongs in a sentence!!*

Kiss adn make up??

*FYI.... I'm a sarky Cunt, pay no attention to me... I don't really mean it!

Oh Jesus, what have I done?

Retarded is STILL ok to use this week... (I'm sure it'll change soon) ....there aren't many words left that you can use to tell someone they're not quite playing with 52 cards....
Maybe THAT'S it... maybe we have to hide behind analogies to say our piece...

I guess doubling down on showing your ignorance is one way to go. Doesn't make you any less of an ass but I guess no point in trying to be anything other than what you are.

I think we should reduce the number of personal insults overall but yes stupid wanker is not nearly as offensive as the word retarded which has been used to marginalize and insult a group of people, often incorrectly and contributed to making many peoples lives much worse.

Maybe you could argue that stupid wanker has done the same thing but I don't think you would be successful.
I'm.... probably both!
Well you laughed when 1882 used both retarded and stupid wanker so presumably you think it is?
Maybe both or neither are funny/allowed?

Oh no, you're in here now ' cos you expressed an opinion! ONE OF US... ONE OF US... ONE OF US!

Try telling that to Mrs Apostrophe that her Son doesn't matter!!

Having said that: "Stupid Wanky Pop" is a great name for a boy band!!!

Oh fuck.... RETREAT, RETREAT RETREAT!

I guess doubling down on showing your ignorance is one way to go. Doesn't make you any less of an ass but I guess no point in trying to be anything other than what you are.
You Sir are correct....
YOU WIN THE INTERNET!!

My igonence clearly knows no bounds.... I regret using the 'R' word.... same as I regret using the 'A' word.... and the B word.... and of course the C word.... not forgetting the D E F G H I J K L M words..... and as for the N O P Q R' words.... don't even get me 'S'word'tarted!

The T word thing is, we're running out of U V W X Y Z words we can use....

Maybe shoulda just called him a scoundrel and a cad.... and left it there!

You Sire, have called me an Ass....and I challenge thee to a duel....

Sunset henceforth, Muskets drawn!!

Mate, do me a favour.... it's a fucking football forum, people have their opinions, some have better grammar than others.... I was merely pointing out the latter.... I didn't mean to cause offence.... same as I'm sure bus-conductor bus-conductor didn't mean to offence by calling me a 'stupid wanker!' (I certainly didn't TAKE offence... I've been called much worse, and that's from my own Family!) But it is what it is!

There's a game on Monday, let's concentrate on that, eh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom