Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are people who hype him above Neuer and they need shooting.

I think he has been very good the past two seasons and rightfully in that conversation, maybe not better but at least have a discussion about it. He certainly saved Liverpool many times over that time.

But this season he has clearly dropped off. Not sure if it is him coming back down to reality, him being tired from so many games, just a bad run but he is not near the level he was as evidenced as how awful he was on that goal and should have saved at least one, if not both of the others.

I think he has been very good the past two seasons and rightfully in that conversation, maybe not better but at least have a discussion about it. He certainly saved Liverpool many times over that time.

But this season he has clearly dropped off. Not sure if it is him coming back down to reality, him being tired from so many games, just a bad run but he is not near the level he was as evidenced as how awful he was on that goal and should have saved at least one, if not both of the others.

The drop off is a lack of defence.

You have a good defense, the amount of shots is limited, and the amount of top quality chances is even more limited.

Same happened with de Gea.

They've had a few injuries meaning back 5 not as stable. That would play some part. They are also playing deeper this year.

What the hell is Alisson doing on that goal?

He has been very suspect this year and certainly not able to claim to be the top keeper in the world based on his play this year.
he never was.
when Lloris threw one in against Southampton last season, the radio commentary team said it was the 11th time a goal could be directly contributed to him

later the same night Sky did a "goalkeeping howlers in the premier league" table.
Allison was top. 12 goals against directly attributable to him by the bods at sky. he had been there for a seaon and a bit at the time.

It seems that everytime I see the dippers play, he present the opposition with a chance. not always taken, but always gives them a chance, he did against burnley midweek, he did today. Im sure he wont on thursday, of course, butthat would seem more of the exception, not the rule

Salah (P) (93') incoming.
The emergency penalty machine can't cope in this fixture ...

hardware-1.gif

The drop off is a lack of defence.

You have a good defense, the amount of shots is limited, and the amount of top quality chances is even more limited.

Same happened with de Gea.

I think that obviously plays a role in it as well.

I just remember Alisson bailing out the defense a lot more in the past.

The Greenwood goal is an example of a save I would see him make in the past after the defense let someone through like that. Not saying that is a save he should make, but one that he has in the past.

Back
Top Bottom