OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is all very well, and largely true (although I still think it underestimates the legitimate sporting brilliance of Guardiola), but then do something about it.

Ban them. And ban PSG. And then ban the Chavs.

It’s tiresome having this continuous pearl clutching from authorities and media pundits, that never leads to anything.

"If someone accuses you of breaking the rules, you hire the world’s greatest lawyers to shoot them down."

Or, here’s an alternative, scrap FFP and let everyone cheat. But install a salary cap.

Ditto:

"If someone accuses you of breaking the rules, you hire the world’s greatest lawyers to shoot them down."

I agree with you on the whole, but there's still a disconnect between that debate and "Oh well.....Still.... Look how pretty it is.....". which is generally the prevalent attitude towards them.

Even that Chavs got more backlash than this lot.... Presumably because Russia is a more well worn boogie-man figure figure than Abu Dhabi.

He's not wrong but let's be honest football has been like this for twenty years now. Abramovich bought Chelsea in 2003.
Their new owner is chucking money at it as well, and it's not like Real Madrid and Barca operate within the bounds of FFP either is it?

This game has always been about the haves and the have nots, we look at City and can't hope to match them financially but then how must we look to the likes of Bournemouth with our 60k stadium. It's just levels.

I've made my peace with it, I just want us to join that table by hook or by crook like Newcastle have done.

The game isn't changing anytime soon and the last thing we want is those clubs pulling up the drawbridge before we get ours.
That’s what we won’t say. We won’t admit we are happy being richer than probably 90% of the league . But the 10% who are richer we have issues with.

That’s what we won’t say. We won’t admit we are happy being richer than probably 90% of the league . But the 10% who are richer we have issues with.

Your maths is fucked.

We're the 6/7th richest club in a 20 team league, you dunce.

Ditto:

I agree with you on the whole, but there's still a disconnect between that debate and "Oh well.....Still.... Look how pretty it is.....". which is generally the prevalent attitude towards them.

Even that Chavs got more backlash than this lot.... Presumably because Russia is a more well worn boogie-man figure figure than Abu Dhabi.
The Chavs get more backlash because they were a legitimate team before Abramovich took over. They actually annoy people as there is a veneer of credibility to their success.

The fact City do not get much criticism underlines how plastic they are. No one cares. It’s absurd. City are a second division team with Niall Quinn lolloping about and Ben Thatcher head butting goalposts. They’ve been turned into a cutting edge sports operation that just happens to have City’s name attached to it.

And sure, lawyers help, up to a point. But there’s no point getting annoyed about individual teams when the Governing bodies allow them to get away with it.

The Chavs get more backlash because they were a legitimate team before Abramovich took over. They actually annoy people as there is a veneer of credibility to their success.

I hadn't thought of that.... I wouldn't say that applies to me, but interesting take.

And sure, lawyers help, up to a point. But there’s no point getting annoyed about individual teams when the Governing bodies allow them to get away with it.

I absolutely hold the powers that be responsible, but I will save my respect, reverence etc for a project more genuinely deserving......

.........Which is why as much as they are twats, I'd rather have seen Liverpool bettering them in recent times and why the dichotomy of this season has been so fucking hellish.

Rivalry vs an enemy of the game itself.

(Sad, end result is that I just find myself caring less.)

Then the clubs need to do something about it themselves.

Perhaps you just don’t turn up to play them. Forfeit every game, let them win the league without the satisfaction of a match and all play for second. You would get int hot water with the TV sponsors but I don’t see ant down side beyond that.

Your maths is fucked.

We're the 6/7th richest club in a 20 team league, you dunce.
Whether he got the percentages right or not, his wider point stands. We are considerably richer than all but 6-7 of the 100 or so professional clubs in the country. Yet we do focus on how "unfair" it is that City are richer than us.
His point is factually correct.

Maybe instead of falling all over yourself to correct a pedantic point as usual you can think about the wider point being made?

Or is that beyond you?

Whether he got the percentages right or not, his wider point stands. We are considerably richer than all but 6-7 of the 100 or so professional clubs in the country. Yet we do focus on how "unfair" it is that City are richer than us.

Maybe instead of falling all over yourself to correct a pedantic point as usual you can think about the wider point being made?

Or is that beyond you?
That’s why he is on ignore ha. Not surprised he missed the wider point. Call it 80% if you want. The main point is we have far more financial strength than most of the league by a very big amount too. Most have no chance of competing with us. Both mancs, Liverpool, Woolwich, chelsea & Newcastle are probably the only richer clubs.
On owners wealth alone this has us 8th but ahead of Liverpool & United so not sure how correct it is. But as I say. Call it richer than 80% of the league if you like, still a massive & unfair advantage we hold over them. Weird how some want to paint us as poor plucky underdogs Tottenham. When apart from a handful of teams the rest see us as a big well supported rich team. It’s like United fans were happy dominating when they could out spend everyone. But now they can’t they moan about the exact same thing being unfair.

Last edited:
Then the clubs need to do something about it themselves.

Perhaps you just don’t turn up to play them. Forfeit every game, let them win the league without the satisfaction of a match and all play for second. You would get int hot water with the TV sponsors but I don’t see ant down side beyond that.

That would be amazing to watch play out...... Or better still once the whilstle blows the oppo just plot down in their own box and have a chat for 2 x 45mins; maybe have a latte and a cheeky vape. 😄

Or is that beyond you?
Except it’s not a pedantic point is it?
The effect of being second richest in a 20 team league can make you Barcelona (or in the case of the EPL, Man Utd with a £200m bigger annual war chest ) and profoundly affects your chances of success over being 7th richest.
Not surprising you can’t see the difference.

It simply isn't.... He spoke of the league too; not the entire country.

Why should someone not contest a gross exaggeration when it's being wielded to ram home a contentious point.

What's "unfair" to everyone is that City have cheated to get where they are.

What point......? Banging on about finances when we constantly sit in and around that level in the pyramid in terms of league finishes.....? (and in fact above it for much of the last 15 years!)

Why would we take issue with poorer clubs finishing below us....????? Why shouldn't we take issue with cheating which is at the expense of us and clubs like us?

If once in a while a team like Brighton punches above their weight and finishes above us then fucking good on them (that's part of the beauty of the game when played without 'cheat-codes'.)..... Much like we deserved kudos for finishing above City, Chavs, United etc. whenever we have.

Or is that beyond you?

Evidently not (see above paras).

Last edited:
That’s why he is on ignore ha. Not surprised he missed the wider point. Call it 80% if you want. The main point is we have far more financial strength than most of the league by a very big amount too. Most have no chance of competing with us. Both mancs, Liverpool, Woolwich, chelsea & Newcastle are probably the only richer clubs.
On owners wealth alone this has us 8th but ahead of Liverpool & United so not sure how correct it is. But as I say. Call it richer than 80% of the league if you like, still a massive & unfair advantage we hold over them. Weird how some want to paint us as poor plucky underdogs Tottenham. When apart from a handful of teams the rest see us as a big well supported rich team. It’s like United fans were happy dominating when they could out spend everyone. But now they can’t they moan about the exact same thing being unfair.

You are so utterly disingenuous...... You're just strawmanning your own little fantasy scenario that you can argue against and play to the crowd over.

Ironically, you even doubt the credibility of the very article you posted. What a joke.

Scott: The man that is so absorbed in his own bullshit that he calls a man with an ENIC_OUT avatar a "Levy Lover" 🤡

FwbY9rrWAAYFVUc

v

FwbXecnWAAEv5sn

Back
Top Bottom