Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The point of XG isn't to tell a story or narrative,. it's literally just applying mathematical probability to football chances based on a number of criteria.

As such, it's not the job of XG compilers to make calculations based on what might have happened (ie the first chance scores) but on what actually does happen. And you can call this "a flaw" but it isn't, it's just a mathematical representation of what actually happened - and it's up to anyone using XG to contextualise it. Every subsequent event could/would be potentially be effected by what might have happened in a previous event.
#keepmathsoutoffootball

The point of XG isn't to tell a story or narrative,. it's literally just applying mathematical probability to football chances based on a number of criteria.

As such, it's not the job of XG compilers to make calculations based on what might have happened (ie the first chance scores) but on what actually does happen. And you can call this "a flaw" but it isn't, it's just a mathematical representation of what actually happened - and it's up to anyone using XG to contextualise it. Every subsequent event could/would be potentially be effected by what might have happened in a previous event.

But the problem is people use it to tell stories and narratives and thus is a flawed way to give a true representation on a match.

That xG philosophy account blocked me a couple of months ago because I mentioned that it lacks context and caters their context to kids and clueless people who don't understand xG properly.

But the problem is people use it to tell stories and narratives and thus is a flawed way to give a true representation on a match.

That xG philosophy account blocked me a couple of months ago because I mentioned that it lacks context and caters their context to kids and clueless people who don't understand xG properly.

Legends

But that's a user problem, not an xg problem.

Especially those who think they are clever.

Climate Change Environment GIF by INTO ACTION

Back
Top Bottom