Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kosovo 0 Wales 6

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

Sadly I think both Real & Bayern get rinsed tonight.

Possibly. I think Real have everything except a striker which makes them look a bit unbalanced in attack. Bellingham is amazing but when Mbbape comes Bellingham can move back to his box to box position and Real will have a better structure. That being said Valverde is mustard, gives an energy and you’d think Real would have tactically learn something from last year.

Bayern on paper with their injuries now out the way look good, Tuchel though is such a let down of a manager. Maybe he can surprise me tonight and when they go back to Germany but he has been so poor, they look uncoached this season like Nuno or Jose where running the show.

Possibly. I think Real have everything except a striker which makes them look a bit unbalanced in attack. Bellingham is amazing but when Mbbape comes Bellingham can move back to his box to box position and Real will have a better structure. That being said Valverde is mustard, gives an energy and you’d think Real would have tactically learn something from last year.

Bayern on paper with their injuries now out the way look good, Tuchel though is such a let down of a manager. Maybe he can surprise me tonight and when they go back to Germany but he has been so poor, they look uncoached this season like Nuno or Jose where running the show.

Tuchel's Dortmund team were really good/fun to watch. I don't know what has happened since. His Chelsea team were dull, but very clearly very well coached and he won a CL and they were tactically so sharp in big games ... so many finals from him.

I think they were decent this season but Leverkusen were even better, but then when Leverkusen started to run away with it then their motivation fell apart and he lost the dressing room. Since then it has been pathetic.

Tuchel's Dortmund team were really good/fun to watch. I don't know what has happened since. His Chelsea team were dull, but very clearly very well coached and he won a CL and they were tactically so sharp in big games ... so many finals from him.

I think they were decent this season but Leverkusen were even better, but then when Leverkusen started to run away with it then their motivation fell apart and he lost the dressing room. Since then it has been pathetic.

My issue is the football itself more than the results. We all know how results eventually catch up with the football with Jose and Nuno at Spurs. Bayern often look like strangers reliant on individual quality to win games, that’s poor coaching. I don’t know if it’s lack of belief or just changing as you get older. I have zero idea why Naglesmann was sacked and it appears they want him back now, his football was really good and it felt like they were building towards something.

Ten Hag did similar to Tuchel, decent at Ajax, first season in the Prem decent then United’s play seems to have both regressed and got more negative since to the point of it being crap.

I don’t really have an answer to why certain managers regress and seem to lose their bottle. Even at Chelsea Tuchel’s football got worse with time as it did at PSG. I fear he is in the Jose cycle of his managerial career.

Back
Top Bottom