Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich beat Barcelona City Sailors 5-3

Looks like Brighton have another hot prospect coming through. a lad called Simon Adringa

Looks like Pep is going to do a Fergie and rebuild a new team with kids. City are going to dominate for the next decade unfortunately.
The league title is going to be super elusive no matter what we do going forward I think. As said as it is to say.

The smart thing for Ange to do is to focus on doing as well as possible in the league every year, but maybe try to get over the trophy dry spell through the cups, Europa or Conference League. And just be ready to pounce if the oil teams end up having one of those off years that happen every now and again.

As much as I want us to win the league, I just don't see how it is possible when looking at the other players in the game.

The league title is going to be super elusive no matter what we do going forward I think. As said as it is to say.

The smart thing for Ange to do is to focus on doing as well as possible in the league every year, but maybe try to get over the trophy dry spell through the cups, Europa or Conference League. And just be ready to pounce if the oil teams end up having one of those off years that happen every now and again.

As much as I want us to win the league, I just don't see how it is possible when looking at the other players in the game.
I like your turn of phrase here, elusive gives the implication that we will be close but just miss out...

:levywtf:

And "no matter what we do" implies that we will do anything at all in trying for it...

:levylol:

Vini snagging the 7. I see you young man. Lay claim to it before Mbappe rolls into town.
Madrid still light upfront so are they gonna try for mbappe this summer instead of waiting for him?
Only brought in Joselu so far.

Madrid still light upfront so are they gonna try for mbappe this summer instead of waiting for him?
Only brought in Joselu so far.
That's the on going narrative yes. Perez is dead set on landing Mbappe and have more or less called off all other transfers this summer in order to pursue him.

Even in pre-season, players get no time on the ball. I get nervous when I get 5 seconds to pick a pass playing 5 a side when there's an option right in front of me.

That's the on going narrative yes. Perez is dead set on landing Mbappe and have more or less called off all other transfers this summer in order to pursue him.
Would be weird If they did go into the season with a front 3 of Vini, Joselu, Rodrygo.
Stacked in midfield.

Would be weird If they did go into the season with a front 3 of Vini, Joselu, Rodrygo.
Stacked in midfield.
Vini and Rodrygo are obviously good. But they may be a bit light on the wings with not much behind them.

And Joselu has developed since his bad spell at Newcastle. He was the third best striker in La Liga last season with only 2-3 goals less than Benzema. And that was on Espanyol who went down. But yeah. It's a very light attacking lineup. Injuries will decide how they finish the season.

Even in pre-season, players get no time on the ball. I get nervous when I get 5 seconds to pick a pass playing 5 a side when there's an option right in front of me.

I thought the same. It’s insane level of football and we should be more catious when calling a player rubbish or else.

Just watching the Brighton/Newcastle game. I know it’s only a friendly but Brighton totally dominating, Newcastle can barely get out
of their half or string three passes together.

Just watching the Brighton/Newcastle game. I know it’s only a friendly but Brighton totally dominating, Newcastle can barely get out
of their half or string three passes together.
One commentator was keen to point out that Brighton fielded 7 or 8 league starters, but NU fielded only 3 or 4.

Looking forward to Fulham - Chelsea in about ten hours. Not confident the right team will get up, but the local derby is still the local derby, even in the pre-season, even in America.

Last edited:
Looking at Villa v Brentford, it looks like Villa might challenge top 5.

It's 3-3 at the moment, but Villa look very good.

Quality of the prem next season might be the greatest of any league in football history.

Pep, Klopp, Arteta, Emery, Pochettino, Ten Hag, Howe, De Zerbi, postecoglou

That is some selection of managers.

Many of these clubs able to spend hundreds of millions each buying all the talent. You still obviously have the Madrids, Barcas and Bayerns but just looking at the squads City, Liverpool, Woolwich, Chelsea, Newcastle, Villa, Man United are putting together it’s crazy.

Half the league will be top draw teams, that has never happened before in any country in any league. I don’t think people realise we are moving into somewhat uncharted territory.

Back
Top Bottom