Other matches thread 2014-15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero is such an unbelievable player. It seemed last season that everyone got caught up in the whole Suarez thing and kind of forgot how class Aguero is. He's without a shadow of a doubt the best striker in the league. 1st season at City, won them the league. 2nd season, too injured to do anything. 3rd season, helped contribute to an utterly free scoring City winning the league. This season look on absolute top form. He'd walk into any team in the world.

Aguero is such an unbelievable player. It seemed last season that everyone got caught up in the whole Suarez thing and kind of forgot how class Aguero is. He's without a shadow of a doubt the best striker in the league. 1st season at City, won them the league. 2nd season, too injured to do anything. 3rd season, helped contribute to an utterly free scoring City winning the league. This season look on absolute top form. He'd walk into any team in the world.

Him and costa are probably the best two in the prem, Sturridge and falcao ain't bad either. Different class to the strikers we have unfortunately.

Him and costa are probably the best two in the prem, Sturridge and falcao ain't bad either. Different class to the strikers we have unfortunately.
Aguero and Costa are definitely there at the moment. I'd say Aguero has the edge cos he's done it for a few years now. Falcao will be superb this season I'm sure. I don't think Sturridge is as good as a lot of people make out. I think it's hard to look bad when Suarez is feeding you the ball.

Aguero and Costa are definitely there at the moment. I'd say Aguero has the edge cos he's done it for a few years now. Falcao will be superb this season I'm sure. I don't think Sturridge is as good as a lot of people make out. I think it's hard to look bad when Suarez is feeding you the ball.

Don't know think Sturridge is pure class, not his fault england are shit, his finishing, control and speed are by far the best of any english forward, if he was German or Spanish people would rave about him. Only have to look at what his injury has done to Liverpool, balotelli just ain't as good as him. Not at suarez's level but then again few are.

Don't know think Sturridge is pure class, not his fault england are shit, his finishing, control and speed are by far the best of any english forward, if he was German or Spanish people would rave about him. Only have to look at what his injury has done to Liverpool, balotelli just ain't as good as him. Not at suarez's level but then again few are.
I agree that he is an exceptionally talented footballer. But he's not anywhere near the level of Costa, Aguero, Falcao. And compare him with the great strikers around the world (Lewandowski, Suarez, Benzema, Tevez, Ibra, etc) and he doesn't stack up.

I agree that he is an exceptionally talented footballer. But he's not anywhere near the level of Costa, Aguero, Falcao. And compare him with the great strikers around the world (Lewandowski, Suarez, Benzema, Tevez, Ibra, etc) and he doesn't stack up.

Think I would still pefer him to Tevez or Rooney for that matter, Ibra and Saurez are by far the best out and out forwards so he's not at that level but a fit Sturridge would get you 25-35 goals a year if he didn't get injured, but his goals per game ratio is amazing and he offers far more than just goals, him and Sterling are key to Liverpool's season. Below are last seasons stats.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...aniel-sturridge-luis-suarez-england-world-cup

Think I would still pefer him to Tevez or Rooney for that matter, Ibra and Saurez are by far the best out and out forwards so he's not at that level but a fit Sturridge would get you 25-35 goals a year if he didn't get injured, but his goals per game ratio is amazing and he offers far more than just goals, him and Sterling are key to Liverpool's season. Below are last seasons stats.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...aniel-sturridge-luis-suarez-england-world-cup
I'm really not saying he's a bad striker at all. I just think those stats last season are a bit deceiving. A lot of Sturridge's form was down to Suarez and Liverpool's form in general. This season, in what he has played, he hasn't looked anywhere near as good. Of all the other strikers we both listed, they'd walk into any team and smash goals in for fun. I just don't get that feeling with Sturridge.

I don't think Benzema and Tevez belong in that list of true greats, Sturridge is definitely comparable to those two.
Tevez has been in great form for Juventus. 21 goals in 41 last season and 7 goals in 6 so far this season. Benzema has scored over 20 goals a season for the past 4 seasons.

While I don't think those two are the best of the best, they are definitely among the most prolific strikers around. And I don't think they are that great players either. But I just don't think Sturridge is quite in that bracket. He could be, and I hope he does become a top top striker cos it would help England. But he's always looked fairly average to me, other than last season.

Wait... Wellbeck tries an overhead with a defender right next to him, no foul, 2 seconds later the defender does the same to Rooney and it's a penalty?

We really are shite that we need their goalie to trip over his defender to put us 1-0 up and a weird penalty to make it 2 by half time...

San Marino, what's the point ?
So a few grocers and plumbers get to play in all the best stadiums in Europe, and that's it ?
Forever ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom