Other Stadiums and Training Grounds

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course it isnโ€™t, itโ€™s in Leicester!
Leicestershire is on the whole a beautiful place if you own a horse, a Labrador and go pheasant shooting. But yeah, Iโ€™ve been past there ground and training ground (I think this new one is either on the same location as the old or itโ€™s on the same road???) and itโ€™s not that pleasant, along a main road into town.

Not to mention itโ€™s a place full of fancy dress wearing freaks with clappers, now gathering dust hung on the backs of their bedroom doors.

maxresdefault.jpg

Where the lads will be playing next week. Assuming that we are let into the country.
There's something about a stadium without a roof I don't like.

It's like the atmosphere vaporises into thin air

Just read this thread from start to finish.
Great read and particularly interesting was the break down of fans share in Spain. Thatโ€™s shocking and not conducive to a good league IMO.

Has anyone got further updates on whether these stadium plans have been affected by the massive loss in revenue clubs are facing?
Plus the still uncertainty on whether full capacity crowds will be allowed next season.

So just looked up the page and saw this post re Fulham's new stand and I thought that's funny I've not heard much about this anymore. Just checked and they still haven't opened it yet!! To put it into perspective Tottenham moved out, knocked down their old stadium, built a brand new one (which is acclaimed to be the best in the world) quicker than Fulham have built one 8k capacity stand!!

Fulham's new stand will not be ready until the Summer of '22!!!

Real Madrid are going all in on their new stadium.

They've knicked the retractable pitch idea from us, but with a twist.

I did chuckle at them showing footage of honorary socio, Luka Doncic to hype up having NBA games in the stadium, but not using the colours for his club in the graphics. I guess the Mavericks are not illustrious enough to be associated with Real Madrid.

Looking like an NFL style pitch there too...... Perhaps RM are destined to be #AnchorTenants for sports entertainment complex too......

Scenes. :pocheyes:

I think the ground foundations which is, let's be honest not firm soil, made it a bit trickier to build on and along with covid dragged out the development. I seem to remember there was being nice balconies and terraces in the flat montages with loads of greens in it, have those been cut out? Looks a bit boring, although I like the roof shape.
I'm guessing here but think most London construction sites were full steam ahead during COVID (might have been some material supply chain issues, but think most were experienced at the private individual level than main commercial structures - I'm guessing here). Another way to look at it is that COVID was an advantage to the build as fans weren't allowed into the ground (the other 3 stands). (There was an increased number of other construction projects carried out in London as a direct consequence of this too).

Right about the foundation aspects but this was planned for, this was supposed to be completed a year ago!

Don't know. Looking at his profile/content on YouTube, the Spurs stadium build is all he done, apart from a couple of other football related ones. His last vid was in 2019.

Oh ok. Strange.

The Everton stadium is coming on though. I had no idea theyโ€™d progressed so far. Wonโ€™t be as good as ours obviously but if they stay in the division itโ€™s only going to help them going forward

Oh ok. Strange.

The Everton stadium is coming on though. I had no idea theyโ€™d progressed so far. Wonโ€™t be as good as ours obviously but if they stay in the division itโ€™s only going to help them going forward
Will be a better location than Goodison is, under an hour walk from the station

Back
Top Bottom