Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know this is the silly old romantic in me, but if Messi really wants to stay at Barca, why doesn’t he just take a slight paycut to make it happen?

His current wage is fucking absurd.
He agreed to originally, but as he went out of contract he technically left them and they couldn't re-register him until they sorted out their wage bill, so they were just waiting on that. Seems like something has changed in the meantime.

Haven't been able to register any of their other signings yet either, Aguero, Depay and so on.

I know this is the silly old romantic in me, but if Messi really wants to stay at Barca, why doesn’t he just take a slight paycut to make it happen?

His current wage is fucking absurd.
He agreed to a 60% paycut. They still can't make the numbers work. It's not just Messi who is on ridiculous wages there. Their wage bill is reportedly 95% of income.

He agreed to a 60% paycut. They still can't make the numbers work. It's not just Messi who is on ridiculous wages there. Their wage bill is reportedly 95% of income.

I heard 110% of income today.... And that's before all the other stuff that keeps the club running... Running the offices; marketing, other misc. staff, utilities, infrastructure costs, canteen ops etc. etc. etc. .......Insane!

They clearly had no idea how much of a mess they were in....... How the fuck does a club allow itself to get into such a mess? Even if the football/DOF end is run by reckless twats surely they have a team of high calibre accountants tasked with taking care of balancing the books as a company????

I heard 110% of income today.... And that's before all the other stuff that keeps the club running... Running the offices; marketing, other misc. staff, utilities, infrastructure costs, canteen ops etc. etc. etc. .......Insane!

They clearly had no idea how much of a mess they were in....... How the fuck does a club allow itself to get into such a mess? Even if the football/DOF end is run by reckless twats surely they have a team of high calibre accountants tasked with taking care of balancing the books as a company????
Its one of the issues of a fan owned clubs (member owned in this case) which also happens in South America. Elections are won by those overspending and have no financial impact themselves.

Germany is the one everyone points to but this is the bad side.

Ah, ok.

So. Barca are basically bankrupt.
Could probably get a loan to stay solvent but that won't help with wages as Spain brought in rules limiting wages on the health of the financial state, they can spend about the same as Everton and not register any new players until they get their wages to that level.

Let a player run down his contract and then sell him at a fraction of his value - good job you're not running our club isn't it. Guess some people just aren't cut out to be businessmen.

or did you mean: Levy take note this is NOT how to do it?
How exactly did you think I was referring to any our own players when I replied directly to a Danny Ings post. Good job you're not replying to posts on a forum...oh wait.

I meant levy should do some deals where he bids the asking price and the deal gets done. Pretty much what I said

How exactly did you think I was referring to any our own players when I replied directly to a Danny Ings post. Good job you're not replying to posts on a forum...oh wait.

I meant levy should do some deals where he bids the asking price and the deal gets done. Pretty much what I said

Why did you assume that? I just said don't let players run down contracts and leave cheap - just like Ings did - no idea what you were talking about, but if it wasn't about any Spurs players why are you posting on a Spurs forum? that just makes no sense.

Barca have a much reduced salary cap for this season - allegedly they made an agreement to pay Messi nothing for two years and then a huge bonus in year three, when they hope new higher salary caps will have been allocated - however La Liga said nope we won't allow that, and Barca simply couldn't afford to pay him without risking going bust (or at the very least breaking the salary cap which risks relegation) - PSG don't have a salary cap so off Messi toddles.

Barca have a much reduced salary cap for this season - allegedly they made an agreement to pay Messi nothing for two years and then a huge bonus in year three, when they hope new higher salary caps will have been allocated - however La Liga said nope we won't allow that, and Barca simply couldn't afford to pay him without risking going bust (or at the very least breaking the salary cap which risks relegation) - PSG don't have a salary cap so off Messi toddles.
Thanks for the copy-paste, Captain Google

Back
Top Bottom