Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

how is english international on Eolves bench😂
don’t forget Tyronn Mings😂

Both of these are essentially cheerleaders. Well liked players who Southgate likes to have around for the dressing room. Mings is very good in interviews etc (despite being a bit of a prick on the pitch) and Coady all round seems a decent bloke.

Feel like all national teams have these players, right? Sissoko sort of played that role for France for a good while.

If Abramovic wrote off the loan as part of the deal to sell the club, then all those billions were just direct investment. How is that not contributing to financial fair play? That’s the easiest loophole ever ! Loan all direct investment and write off the loan.

Chelsea have gained a HUGE unfair advantage.

At the expense of their rivals.

How is this ok !?

Both of these are essentially cheerleaders. Well liked players who Southgate likes to have around for the dressing room. Mings is very good in interviews etc (despite being a bit of a prick on the pitch) and Coady all round seems a decent bloke.

Feel like all national teams have these players, right? Sissoko sort of played that role for France for a good while.
You take your best players. Not “good” guys.

Like Dier. Or Tomori. It’s a joke seeing Mings and Coady there.

You take your best players. Not “good” guys.

Like Dier. Or Tomori. It’s a joke seeing Mings and Coady there.

I don’t disagree. International managers can be weird with their favourites though & stick with who they know and trust.

It’s why Maguire will 100% start at the World Cup even if he continues his shit form this season. Southgate likes him.

If Abramovic wrote off the loan as part of the deal to sell the club, then all those billions were just direct investment. How is that not contributing to financial fair play? That’s the easiest loophole ever ! Loan all direct investment and write off the loan.

Chelsea have gained a HUGE unfair advantage.

At the expense of their rivals.

How is this ok !?

The simple answer is it isn’t. They’ve essentially escaped any consequences for the years of financial doping. And nobody cares, the PR move of kicking Roman out is accomplished but there’s no interest in hurting a big institution.

Was always going to be the case, people fantasised about them collapsing post Roman (even I indulged a little) but with that debt written off they were always going to be in a strong position.

Football is crooked I’m afraid. Clubs like Derby or Bury who stick a toe over the line get made an example of, but the powerful clubs will essentially always be able to lawyer or buy their way out of any situation.

The simple answer is it isn’t. They’ve essentially escaped any consequences for the years of financial doping. And nobody cares, the PR move of kicking Roman out is accomplished but there’s no interest in hurting a big institution.

Was always going to be the case, people fantasised about them collapsing post Roman (even I indulged a little) but with that debt written off they were always going to be in a strong position.

Football is crooked I’m afraid. Clubs like Derby or Bury who stick a toe over the line get made an example of, but the powerful clubs will essentially always be able to lawyer or buy their way out of any situation.
Thé point that is never formally acknowledged is that Chelsea didn’t become big out of ingenuity or smarts. They did so as a result of market-altering spending of crooked money. If Chelsea weren’t winning those trophies, someone else would have! This isn’t Steve jobs inventing the iPhone.

Football is crooked to fuck but I’d expect some formal explanation for this.

Thé point that is never formally acknowledged is that Chelsea didn’t become big out of ingenuity or smarts. They did so as a result of market-altering spending of crooked money. If Chelsea weren’t winning those trophies, someone else would have! This isn’t Steve jobs inventing the iPhone.

Football is crooked to fuck but I’d expect some formal explanation for this.

You're expecting too much I'm afraid. They're a big 'cultural institution' in England so essentially have ironclad protection and are nigh untouchable. FFP has only ever hurt the small clubs, those that dine at the top table get away with whatever.

The authorities that be just wanted rid of Roman, as soon as they cut the head off that snake they couldn't care less about the rest.

You're expecting too much I'm afraid. They're a big 'cultural institution' in England so essentially have ironclad protection and are nigh untouchable. FFP has only ever hurt the small clubs, those that dine at the top table get away with whatever.

The authorities that be just wanted rid of Roman, as soon as they cut the head off that snake they couldn't care less about the rest.
Here's the joke mate...they fucking well were NEVR a big cultural institution. My god all that matters is money.

Last edited:

I never entertained any notions of them going bankrupt, like the "too big to fail" banks, they would have been protected.

Just start paying back the £1.5bn. Not only are they seemingly not paying anything back, they're getting an almost historic cash injection.

Spain is utterly broke:

Just a note, they are struggling as their wage cap rules are more strict than elsewhere, preventative (monitored in real time) rather than punishment (review previous years accounts and doc points). If we had it here I doubt Everton and Leicester could have registered players over the past couple of seasons.

Not saying some of the clubs are not basket cases.

"...former Chelsea defender has dropped a hint on social media that an exit from Catalonia could be closer than expected. Christensen has taken to Instagram; he's deleted a post of his which announced his move to Barcelona and changed his profile picture back to one of him in a Blues shirt holding the Champions League trophy."

Back
Top Bottom