Our luck.....

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's face it, over the years spurs haven't been blessed with a lot of luck....in fact if anything I would say we have been cursed. A succession of bad reffing decisions have cost us big games, the infamous lasagne incident, Chelsea winning the CL in the spawniest way possible...the list is long and prolific.

Yet this season we have had more luck, in more games than any season I can remember.

Other teams shot conversion against us has been woeful, in part down to the worlds best keeper that we have between the sticks...but also down to terrible finishing.

We have been haphazard at the back to say the least, being undone by a simple ball over the top or just between fazio (who whilst being great in the air is a fucking clown shoe of a defender) and Vertonghen (who gives the impression of a man who can barely be arsed to drag himself out of bed in the morning).

Maybe our managers greatest asset is he's a lucky man.....and if you can't be good, be lucky.

Long may it continue....although we know it won't....and I suspect when it does it will run out spectacularly.

An intergalactic cunting is coming, I can feel it.

Let's face it, over the years spurs haven't been blessed with a lot of luck....in fact if anything I would say we have been cursed. A succession of bad reffing decisions have cost us big games, the infamous lasagne incident, Chelsea winning the CL in the spawniest way possible...the list is long and prolific.

Yet this season we have had more luck, in more games than any season I can remember.

Other teams shot conversion against us has been woeful, in part down to the worlds best keeper that we have between the sticks...but also down to terrible finishing.

We have been haphazard at the back to say the least, being undone by a simple ball over the top or just between fazio (who whilst being great in the air is a fucking clown shoe of a defender) and Vertonghen (who gives the impression of a man who can barely be arsed to drag himself out of bed in the morning).

Maybe our managers greatest asset is he's a lucky man.....and if you can't be good, be lucky.

Long may it continue....although we know it won't....and I suspect when it does it will run out spectacularly.

It's about time our fortunes/luck changed.
What goes around comes around. Although, unfortunately, I think you may be right about an upcoming clusterfuck.

I think that is the mindset of us spurs fans and the club which prevents us competing with the other top teams.

Other teams like Utd or Liverpool scape wins and the media hails them as ' the mark of a good side that is not playing well and still winning' and ' wait until they hit form, someone will take a pasting'

We spawn some wins and its ' fucking hell we got lucky there, got away with that, and were going to get hammered by the next team'

But then we have had more false dawns than i care to recall!

I never look forward to playing those cunts but I have a horrible feeling the real cunting will come against the blades....when we least expect it.
Christ. I won't be able to unthink that now...

17/01 Sunderland (H)
21/01 Sheffield Utd (H)
28/01 Sheffield Utd (A)
31/01 West Brom (A)

It'd be so great, really really fantastic, to put Sheffield Utd away in that first leg, take the pressure of the second leg and have a rested team for the West Brom match.

But it has 'banana skin' written all over it.
:paulinhofacepalm:

Agree we're due a cunting and just in time to play the chavs. Don't see it happening against Sheffield Utd, Palace, Burnley, Sunderland, or West Brom. So if we can somehow avoid it on Thursday I think it'll be a while yet.

Don't disagree we've been lucky in regards to other teams fucking up in front of goal but our late goals and dominance late in games is clearly down to our manager and his fitness regime.

Also, the longer we continue to be lucky the better our chances of getting it figured out are. There have been improvements and when you see the way we made changes at halftime today and stifled United in the second half I'm pretty sure Pochettino is a good coach.

Ultimately the biggest issue is that we are lacking in quality in places around the pitch. Part of that is due to youth and immaturity and the other part is we just have some pretty average players.

Our mentality is so much better this year though and that is definitely somewhat connected to our luck. We've been lucky but also improved and as I said, the longer our luck runs the more likely it is that we click and figure it out.

Which is exactly what you wanted when you wrote the nonsense post.

Luck. Lets see. Two penalties that were not given, Young being allowed to make 3 or 4 yellow card challenges, and we missed a couple of sitters ourselves (I think we did at least....I watched on a stream you see, and Im not a PL striker..so...who knows)

It was an even game, and a fair result.

If you want to go on about luck, you should have written this after Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom