Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like a very young squad have travelled out. I haven't seen our opponents play at all, so unable to comment how this match should go.

It'll be interesting to see whether we go 3 at the back, or keep a back 4.

If this is anything like the first couple of Europa League qualifiers last year, it's going to be painful! And surely the 5th best team in Portugal last season are better than the guff we faced last summer too?! I'm a little nervous about the team we've taken. Hope I'm wrong and it turns out I'm nervous for nothing, like before we played Maccabi Haifa or Tel Aviv, can't remember which one, last year and stuck 7 past them.

There's something about Nuno sitting at the front of the plane and shaking the hand of every player that enters that I really like.

Looking at the prize money & stadium revenue, winning this should give us around 24mil in prize money which is not huge but still important.

10mil for winning (All in) + 15mil home match revenue (9 home games I think).

Given how Nuno is approaching the first match it could also be a blessing for our development players trying to step up + shop window any fringe players we are looking to move on next year.
This compo is probably better for youth development than the EL.

Nuno said none of those who started on Sunday will start today. Also Rodon has a knock so he isn't available. Sissoko didn't travel. Kane didn't travel. This is a hard lineup to pick.
Gollini
Doherty-Romero-CCV-Davies
GLC-Winks-John
White-Scarlett-Clarke

Embarrassing when you look for tonight fixtures to verify the kick off time on BBC football pages.. Can't see the Spurs game, then realise you have to scroll down below the Europa, to find our section.....

:avbshock:

Most because we were out of players
Clarke can play RW. You can have something like this...

-------------------Gollini------------------
Doherty-Romero-Davies-Sessegnon
---------John-Winks-Lo Celso----------
-----------Clarke-Scarlett-Gil-----------

I could also see CCV starting but I guess I just wonder if we want to have him out there and risk injury given we may be trying to shift him permanently.

Back
Top Bottom