Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

--------------------Gollini---------------------
---Doherty--Rodon--Romero--Davies---
------------Skipp-----Winks---------------
-----Bergwijn----Lo Celso------Gil-------
--------------------Scarlett------------------

Sessegnon to come of the bench to raise match fitness. Hope Rodon is ready and will start. Don't think that Kane will travel to Portugal, though.

Playing Kane in this probably means he can't play Champions League until Feb I imagine? (Might have just made that up but some sort of similar rule I'd have thought)

Some players are motivated by money / lifestyle stuff (Bale anyone?) but I don’t think Kane is one of those. He will shit on his soon to be ex-wife to bang the hot chick he met in the pub, and maybe go home with said hot chick but not because he thinks she’s loaded. He’s doing it to have A trophy to say he’s done it.

Unnecessary mate.

--------------------Gollini---------------------
---Doherty--Rodon--Romero--Davies---
------------Skipp-----Winks---------------
-----Bergwijn----Lo Celso------Gil-------
--------------------Scarlett------------------

Sessegnon to come of the bench to raise match fitness. Hope Rodon is ready and will start. Don't think that Kane will travel to Portugal, though.
You want to drop skipp from the prem fixture ? Or play him 3 times in a week ?

Playing Kane in this probably means he can't play Champions League until Feb I imagine? (Might have just made that up but some sort of similar rule I'd have thought)
That rule has been gone since 2018. There are no cup-locked players in European Competitions anymore...

Lilywhite Rose saying Kane is not in the squad for Thursday . Looks like the media are getting mixed up with the 25 man squad we have to name for the competition , and the actual travelling squad for Thursday which is reported as a 20 man squad.
I would think we will be able to name another squad if we get through to the group stage.
Still haven’t seen who is in the squad.
Apparently if we get through we have until Sep 2 to name a squad for the group stage

Last edited:
Lilywhite Rose saying Kane is not in the squad for Thursday . Looks like the media are getting mixed up with the 25 man squad we have to name for the competition , and the actual travelling squad for Thursday which is reported as a 20 man squad.
I would think we will be able to name another squad if we get through to the group stage.
Still haven’t seen who is in the squad.
Apparently if we get through we have until Sep 2 to name a squad for the group stage

Not quite correct the 20 man squad was for ManCity game

Squad for Portugal will travel tomorrow, so doubt if press know yet.

9 subs allowed so travelling party might be more than 20 players.

25 players on uefa website, but List B (eligible u21s) still to be added

Wonder what the deal is with Rodon, definitely a capable defender and it seemed a given he'd be getting these games.

With Romero coming in and the supposed interest in signing one more centre-back, it does make you wonder if he's off on loan potentially somewhere to get a full season, or whether something else is going on behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom