Palace Vs Tottenham - Sunday 26th July 4pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just Spurs. All that matters to me.

I also don't like the channels putting score updates. Ruins the games if you have them recorded.

If someone wanted to know the score they could easily look it up.

I get it but tbh I'd like to be able to watch the spurs game whilst getting updates on the Chelsea / wolves fixture. So it suits me

Here's hoping Dr Tottenham is otherwise engaged with 'helping' Covid patients.... we don't need him anywhere near Selhurst Park this afternoon....

IF we take care of business, then we can start worrying about what other teams are doing... if we don't win, we can't have any right expecting favours from others... and nor should we!

Any fixture in late July should be a pre-season friendly, but it ain't... so let's treat it seriously, get the job done, and move on to NEXT season (in a coupla weeks!!!) Today's madness sums up this entire year/season.... BAT SHIT NUTS CRAZY!

COYS!!!! One last time!

Ah, so here we are. The final day.

It's been a loooooooong season hasn't it!?

Crystal Palace, a team who have lost SEVEN straight league games, conceding 17 in the process. A team we haven't lost to away in the Premier League for 5 years.

Only 4 teams in the Premier League have a worse home record than Palace this season. 1 of those has been relegated (Norwich) and 1 of those is likely to be confirmed relegated today (Bournemouth). The other is West Ham and the other is a team we're likely going to sign Hojbjerg from.

Should be a cracker.

Ah, so here we are. The final day.

It's been a loooooooong season hasn't it!?

Crystal Palace, a team who have lost SEVEN straight league games, conceding 17 in the process. A team we haven't lost to away in the Premier League for 5 years.

Only 4 teams in the Premier League have a worse home record than Palace this season. 1 of those has been relegated (Norwich) and 1 of those is likely to be confirmed relegated today (Bournemouth). The other is West Ham and the other is a team we're likely going to sign Hojbjerg from.

Should be a cracker.
Well that's fucked it!!

Getting 6th means we at least have a chance of going straight to the group stage, assuming Chelsea win the FA Cup. We basically really want Chelsea to win twice, which is gross, but better than the other option of playing 6 extra Europa league matches:

Second qualifying round: September 17

Third qualifying round: September 24

Play-offs: October 1

Group stage: October 22 and 29, November 5 and 26, December 3 and 10

I get it but tbh I'd like to be able to watch the spurs game whilst getting updates on the Chelsea / wolves fixture. So it suits me
I might be interested in what the score is, if it impacts us, but I'd have no interest in watching other games live, happy to catch highlights on MOTD if the results are favourable.

I’m hoping we will see Parrott, Tanganga, White, and Skipp in the Europa next season. I refuse to root for Chelsea but I will root for a draw and a Spurs win. COYS!

When you say “ideally” do you mean we have a 6 month pre season as well to gel these 6 new players??

6 new players in a team of 11 is never ideal. More like a bloody nightmare.

No I mean I would rather work in 6 quality players into to the line-up than continually run out guys who are not good enough.

No point playing this game. It’s a forgone conclusion., it’s not about the win it’s about by how many. Will it be 6? Will it be 7. Who knows. We have won before we kick a ball.
All that matters is Wolves don’t equal our result.

Waits for all the knicker wetters to get excited 🤗

Back
Top Bottom