Panathinaikos #1882THFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alright guys, first post but a few of you might know me from GG. Just wanted to say I am well impressed with the 1882 movement. Stopped going to games two seasons ago as I was fed up with the atmosphere and the only reason I haven't joined an 1882 game is I've been away for them all!

Don't see any down sides to it personally, it's brilliant. Have fun tonight, I think we're going to be BFFs :adebaehug:

Not our greatest game ever but another win.

1) Our defense looks so much better with Vertonghen and Caulker in the center. Both are so steady. When Benny and Kaboul get back it will be beautiful.

2) Tommy Carroll is going to be a real player for us.

3) Dempsey has really come on. Goal and assist and almost assisted Defoe when he hit the post.

4) JERMAIN DEFOE HE'S A YIDDO (lad is absolutely on fire)

5) Sandro continues to be an animal. What a ball winner.

6) Glad to have Ade on the score sheet. We need him on form.

7) Lennon, great defensively and excellent run on Defoe's goal.

8) Walker looks back in form. Finally. Been back to normal these last few matches which has been much needed.

LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST: Another great night from the 1882 boys. The Lane was rocking once again. Hope everyone had a good time!

COME ON YOU SPURS!! :adebaehug:

Dempseys best game for us? Ive been a harsh critic so far but I thought he was very good tonight. Showing a lot of skill, particularly close control, a goal and assist, very positive and found himself involved in a lot of offensive situations.

My first game for 10 years or so, sat right in the belly of the Park Lane end, had a bloody ball.

Thank you, yids and yiddettes.

Massive thanks to Benjoss, too, who sorted me with a last-minute ticket and was ace company for the duration.

Without wishing to put a dampner on qualifying; we played a team with no ambition and reduced us to playing poorly for most of the match. We lacked what I thought was genuine penetration and often misplaced passes. Dempsey's getting a lot of praise but he only played well compared to how crap he has been previously. If it is a sign he is improving then good but I'm not about to get carried away just yet.

Lennon was excellent, Sandro was good and the two best players were Walker and Vertonghen. Walker is genuinely looking like getting back to his best in the past fortnight.

I'm being a cunt but I honestly thought we were only okay and needed a lucky goal to regain the momentum.

Great noise through the tellybox, sounded like both sets of fans were doing their best.

My throat is too painful to eat, I could barely talk before we even got into the ground but somehow I managed to still be shouting at 90 minutes. There was a little girl in front of me right down the front about 7 years old who was singing and shouting YIDARMMMYYYYYYY the whole game. Always good too see little kids enjoying the atmosphere, like what we did back in the day. Cheers HairyRaodmap HairyRaodmap for the ticket and shout out to Mini Harry Kane! Forgot your name brah

Unfortunately yes. Some woman in front turned round and told me to be quiet, couldn't quite believe it! They didn't sing all game and I kid you not even when we scored I've never seen a couple (she was with her husband) be less enthused by a Spurs goal.

Loved 'Can't Smile Without You' and 'My Name Is'! 'Glory Glory' got going but not for as long and as slow as I'd hoped. But I'm very fussy!

My throat is well and truly fucked but that's all part and parcel. I'd sooner lose it for the rest of my life than sit in silence.

Funny thing was that it was her kid jumping up and down singing "Yid Army" all night long, i just about managed to avoid puking all over her old man which would have gone down like a lead ballon, must have been that dodgy burger at the brickes!, serves me right for trying to sober up. nice to meet everyone at DD pre match

Finally home! Had a great night, and finally got to see an 1882 goal in the flesh! Was brilliant getting to meet more of the lads on here, here's to meeting again the next time I'm over for a match!

was my first senior game this season I had been to and I walked in and I hated the fact that I wasn't in block 32 so I could sing, jump and be hammered without being looked at weirdly by people stuffing their faces with prawn sandwiches. However I was surprised by the amount of people singing in block 1, so it was cool. Loved it when we went 2-1 up, all of a sudden I felt like a giant tormenting 1500 greek midgets.

Having said that we were taught a lesson on how to support a team last night, they were great. I say we should go in that direction, just start off with scarfs and gradually build up from there.

On the tube a panathinaikos fan said to 2 young spurs fans 'no matter if your team wins or loses, always chant their name, no matter.' I nearly cried with happiness, I hope those kids never forget those words

Back
Top Bottom