Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he needs some weight gain tips, I know a man....

Harry Kane Spurs GIF by BT Sport
He always seems like he's suffered a severe brain injury.

He looks to be the best shape in the squad.

When Conte ended the training session everyone else collapsed and he was just strolling around, after leading nearly every run.

Noting that Lenglet talked of Lloris helping welcome him to Spurs, I was wondering who could help mentor Sarr. As a French speaker & our club captain, Lloris definitely has a role.

But Bissouma, even though he's new to the club, should be able to help Sarr adapt to English football & culture. And of course they play the same position.

looked very good in the keep ball drill. adding that to the fact him, gil and sanchez was apparently the fittest in the running, could see him next year rather than on loan. sarr and gil clearly want to be involved this year.

Ah...I remember being this young and fit. Conte will turn him into a player and being around Eric Dier Lucas Hojbjerg and Loris will turn him into a man. I want him and Gill given a chance. I they can be our future school in a winning mentality by the double winning legend Antonio.

Not really....🤔Less ball carrying. Kid looks like rangey box to box type proper athlete good eye for a pass. Looks more like a Yaya Toure. He looks to have the kind of physical capacity and drive Fatty never ever possessed.
The irony is, Ndombele actually does look like Yaya Toure.... (facially, at least)
450936-1561540648.jpg

13091-1544797025.jpg

... everything else about him is Yaya Yada Yada Whatever!

Not really....🤔Less ball carrying. Kid looks like rangey box to box type proper athlete good eye for a pass. Looks more like a Yaya Toure. He looks to have the kind of physical capacity and drive Fatty never ever possessed.
He reminds me of Bissouma too.

Conte has talked of the challenge for young players settling in a new country & footballing culture. If Sarr & Bissouma can strike up a bond, that could really help Sarr's development.

He reminds me of Bissouma too.

Conte has talked of the challenge for young players settling in a new country & footballing culture. If Sarr & Bissouma can strike up a bond, that could really help Sarr's development.
There was an article in this fred about how quickly Sarr settled in in France. Of course the language is the same and I'm sure there's probably a decent Senegalese community there, so maybe not so much of an indicator how quickly he will settle in in England.

There was an article in this fred about how quickly Sarr settled in in France. Of course the language is the same and I'm sure there's probably a decent Senegalese community there, so maybe not so much of an indicator how quickly he will settle in in England.
Fooballers & dressing rooms can be fairly tribal too.

We've had the original French mafia: Sissoko, Aurier, Ndombele.

The Welsh mafia: Bale, Davies, Rodon.

We have a nascent Brazilian mafia judging by the images of Emerson, Lucas Moura & Richarlison.

Back in the day, Corluka was brought in to help Modric settle. Charlie was a great reader of the game, and a good player for us, but one of the slowest defenders of all time.

And of course when we bought Ardiles after the World Cup in Argentina, it was a package deal. Ossie and Ricky together, or no deal.

So, looking at that list, a mixed bag in terms of outcomes. But as young people adapting to new cultures, it can clearly help to have some buddies who understand the journey that brought you to London & the famous Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom