Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

from the short clip they put up earlier of first day back, he seems to move smooth. him and gil probably need to put a fair few pounds of muscle on though.

weve potentially got the best spanish prospect and the best senegalese prospect, could be fucking huge for the future!

It's the photo. I've seen another an although clearly a kid he looks rangey and athletic.
He looks pretty harmless, but is deceptively strong and rubust. Need only take a look at any of his appearances for Senegal.. the level of football mightn't be the highest level, but Afcon qualifiers are tough games physically and he's acquitted himself well.

I was a bit underwhelmed watching him before Christmas but the last few months have put me at ease, looks a great prospect.

I thought people writing the lad off already were hillarous. He looks a very talented young player with touch ability and the physical attributes to be a top player. Needs coaching and experience now. He's a good test for our development staff because if his mind is good he has obvious gifts.

I thought people writing the lad off already were hillarous. He looks a very talented young player with touch ability and the physical attributes to be a top player. Needs coaching and experience now. He's a good test for our development staff because if his mind is good he has obvious gifts.
It will depend on the final shape of our squad, with regard to the 17 non-HG places & positional depth.

But if there's a place available, Sarr looks like he could benefit from the kind of intensive training he will only get if he stays in our squad. Conte has very specific tactical & physical demands of CMs, and I'm sure will be looking closely at Sarr during the S Korean tour.

He did cost us about £14-15m, serious money for a player who was 18 when we signed him.

from the short clip they put up earlier of first day back, he seems to move smooth. him and gil probably need to put a fair few pounds of muscle on though.

weve potentially got the best spanish prospect and the best senegalese prospect, could be fucking huge for the future!
That's what they said about Ndombele.... unfortunately, Congolese-French for "muscle" is clearly "le Grand Mac & Frites"

Given the emphasis Conte places on fitness, & buying into his training methods, I'm sure Don Antonio will have noticed that the three players leading the pack are Sarr, Gil & Davinson Sanchez.

Given the emphasis Conte places on fitness, & buying into his training methods, I'm sure Don Antonio will have noticed that the three players leading the pack are Sarr, Gil & Davinson Sanchez.

Conte also needs players who follow commands to a t and don't make stupid mistakes.

He's so slim. Can't be much more than 60kg even though he's quite tall.
You’d be surprised the difference height makes to weight (and strength).

I was a similar build at that age… 2 inches taller than him but very skinny/athletic and I weighed 75 kg. Also could outmuscle many teammates that looked more muscular. I’m guessing he’s gotta be close to 68 kgs.

As long as he can maintain agility, it’s a great height for speed and strength.

Jeez... I'm hoping its a pisapoor picture cos in that he looks so thin he'd be bust in half by a prem midfeild... Goin By that pic Far 2 slight for the prem atm... And for the championship? I've not seen anything of the kid... But sounds like a few on here have, and rate him... A punt at 15 mil?? ... The football worlds nuts. But it is what it is...
If only we could just highlight and select bold to fatten him out like you do with your posts...

Conte also needs players who follow commands to a t and don't make stupid mistakes.
Sure. I seem to recall Dele was top of the running charts in pre-season training in the early Poch days.

Of course fitness is not everything. But there's that story IIRC about Conte telling Emerson Royal to get fitter, he achieved the goals, and Conte gave him higher goals and he achieved them.

Gil and Sarr in particular are fighting for a squad place, and most Spurs fans think they're more likely to be loaned out. So the fact they've arrived in pre-season training clearly having worked on their fitness during their holidays is a big positive. And I'm sure means Conte will pay more attention to their tactical & technical application during pre-season.

Fwiw - I gather Troy Parrott actually won the final race. So following in Dele's footsteps....

He's so slim. Can't be much more than 60kg even though he's quite tall.

If he needs some weight gain tips, I know a man....

Harry Kane Spurs GIF by BT Sport

Back
Top Bottom