Pape Sarr

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t fully understand why the XA axis starts before 0. Can you have a -xA?

Also, obviously key passes lead to xA so the correlation is always going to be strong. You’d expect the rule to be more key passes = more xA and the chart shows that.

To me that makes it more interesting to look at the outliers rather than the ones on the trend line.

Wirz and Bruno are making more volume of key passes so you’d expect them to be higher up the the xA, Maddison jumps up the xA without going further on key passes. Asks the question if his key passes are of higher quality in terms of being likely to get an assist.

Not all key passes are alike.
It doesn't? 0 then 0.05...

thought he was class against liverpool. crazy how good he is at such a young age. some of his passing is underrated, some of the passes forward he does is perfectly weighted and accurate, it just goes over a lot of heads because its not a glamorous looking pass, but it needs to be perfect to get the attack going and it is.

people thinking bentancur is going to just walk into that midfield in front of sarr have got another thing coming. he looks as though he perfectly balances that midfield 3 out too.

I didn’t like his first half. I’m not sure about that pitch …. He seemed to suffer, running with and passing the ball

But second half told everyone everything about why this guy is a nailed on starter

I didn’t like his first half. I’m not sure about that pitch …. He seemed to suffer, running with and passing the ball

But second half told everyone everything about why this guy is a nailed on starter

There are so many leaders in this current team - young and old. He stood up when needed today.

Outside of the two CBs, he was MOTM. A couple loose touches here and there and could have given Veliz a quicker pass to be in on goal but an absolute thoroughbred in the center of the park. He has so much potential on top of the class player he already is.

Saw a ton of praise for VDV and Deki (rightfully so) but man this kid gave everything for the club today.

He was everywhere, he carries the ball so well and has an absolutely insane engine on him. A little more experience/composure and he could be unreal.

He is playing very well and was excellent today.

Even with a fully fit squad I would now find it hard to drop him tbh. Can't recall the last time we had so many young players with world class potential.

Outside of the two CBs, he was MOTM. A couple loose touches here and there and could have given Veliz a quicker pass to be in on goal but an absolute thoroughbred in the center of the park. He has so much potential on top of the class player he already is.

Think it might be the white tape straps round his ankles but thoroughbred is the word that kept coming to my head watching him today as well.

Steps are long and light on the ground.

Saw a ton of praise for VDV and Deki (rightfully so) but man this kid gave everything for the club today.

He was everywhere, he carries the ball so well and has an absolutely insane engine on him. A little more experience/composure and he could be unreal.
He's built like a marathon runner, so in a sense I'm not surprised with his engine, as opposed to Skipp for instance.

However, his ability to do win duels, and generally play some nice stuff despite running a marathon every game is really impressive. Like that run at the end for Veliz's offside chance.

He still does need to get that final pass right more often though.

He had a few sloppy moments today but overall I think that this was his most mature and impressive game. He stepped up and took Bissouma's role brilliantly once he went off.

I thought Porro was also outstanding...... and that's from someone who's been very critical of him.

Back
Top Bottom