Parker or Potter ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parker or Potter ?

• Parker

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Potter

Votes: 66 80.5%
  • Conte

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Martinez

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
If Hassenhuttl can stop crying after he beats his German idol and stop making his team concede 9, maybe he’d be a slightly better option than Potter.
Ralph H has done what I'd call a decentish job there.

But he's crap at setting up a defence, theyve had some right batterings from teams that they should be competitive against - West Brom 3-0, Leeds 3-0, and then there are a couple of 5ers and a 9. This is looking like an Eddie Howe all over again. Unless they strengthen they could be in a relegation fight next season.

Potter does set up a defence well. They've been competitive in all matches bar 3 (City, Chavs, Leicester) ie every loss has been by no more than one goal. Think about that - over a season little old Brighton are in the fight till the final whistle in over 33-34 matches, and not by parking the bus either Barcodes style, with a Hail Mary Sissoko up and under to supersub Andy Carroll for that last-ditch pen.

We all know that his teams create loads of chances. Talking to a Brighton mate yesterday, watches every minute of every game, says that with no more than a PL standard competent striker (ie not Kane/Son) they'd be about about 7th/8th.

Of the two, Potter. But, any chance we could just get Poch back? I think him and Levy could both learn from their mistakes and team up again.I certainly prefer him to any of the choices we have been linked with.

*Edit - saw Conte on the list, is he linked? I'd take him over Parker/Potter. He can actually coach players too, made Moses into a good right wing-back for example.
I think Poch had lost the players. 90% of those players are still here. I think maybe there will be a time for him to come back to Spurs. But that time isn't now. Maybe in 5-10 years. When he probably have won something. Just hope he gets another year at PSG.

Last edited:
I’m going for Parker , I think he done well with that Fulham team and was unlucky not to keep them up , I reckon we could finish top half and have a nice cup run next season!

I like Parker but it’s way to early, Potter fits the mandate of the club much better

- plays good attacking football with decent defence
- works and develops players
- proven success abroad (Sweden)
- possession based

Nice cup run???
Want to win the fucking thing don't we?
Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

Paul Gascoigne

Forum Jester
It appears that many of us believe that we should have a 2nd Poch so to simplify the matter and make it a simple referendum, i.e. one simple majority.
And you cannot vote for Erik in this one !

Back
Top Bottom