Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

An interesting / weird piece of info:

Met a Brazilian bloke at 5-a-side. He was wearing a Brazil shirt that appeared to be signed. Asked him what the deal was and he explained that he is a photographer and had taken pictures of Willian and Paulinho for a magazine before the world cup, so the shirts were signed by them.

Apparently, Paulinho's house was completely packed up as though he were moving out, and when he brought up Spurs, Paulinho quickly changed subject. He also said that Corinthians have completely gone to shit since Paulinho left and that Corinthians fans (incl. himself) are puzzled by his desperate form at Spurs.

Looks like Paulinho could well be on the way out

Was this guy's name JJ?

Seems rare that anything is unreported these days so I'm going to assume Paulinho is staying, I think we would have heard something from Corinthians/Brazilian media by now.

An interesting / weird piece of info:

Met a Brazilian bloke at 5-a-side. He was wearing a Brazil shirt that appeared to be signed. Asked him what the deal was and he explained that he is a photographer and had taken pictures of Willian and Paulinho for a magazine before the world cup, so the shirts were signed by them.

Apparently, Paulinho's house was completely packed up as though he were moving out, and when he brought up Spurs, Paulinho quickly changed subject. He also said that Corinthians have completely gone to shit since Paulinho left and that Corinthians fans (incl. himself) are puzzled by his desperate form at Spurs.

Looks like Paulinho could well be on the way out
Maybe he just loves boxes, that's his best feature on the pitch getting into the box. Maybe he just fucking loves putting things into boxes, pretending he's the object that he's putting into the box, be the ball etc. Pure box to box midfielder.

Seems rare that anything is unreported these days so I'm going to assume Paulinho is staying, I think we would have heard something from Corinthians/Brazilian media by now.

Is probably the case. If there was anything to a move for him, Brazilian media would be all over it.

5NeX1Gv.jpg

Paulinho interview.

“I’ve been back for just over one week and I feel good,” said Paulinho, who has been enjoying a well-earned rest after a near two year playing stint that started with his final season at Corinthians before taking in last summer’s Confederations Cup, a gruelling first campaign here at Spurs and then the recent World Cup finals.

“I still have to train a little bit more with the squad and I’m not at 100 per cent yet, but it’s going well. It’s very good to see my team-mates again and I hope this season we can be better.

“It was a good experience for me at the World Cup, but now I have to think about the Club and about the season ahead. We have to try to win more games, and I’ll try to tell my friends and team-mates about my experiences in Brazil so that maybe it will help the group and help the team as we try to win a lot of matches this season.”

“Most of the players have had a chance to play this summer and it shows that Tottenham is a big club because we have top players,” he said.

“You have to fight for your place and I’m looking forward to the challenge, but I think the most important thing now is to think about the first game.

“West Ham are a good team but if we want to be better this season, we have to win our games and start well so I think it’s important that we are strong in the first game and then we’ll see how the rest of the season goes.”

Dropped by Dunga. Not even in the squad. Bad for his valuation but hopefully good for us in that he plays less games. I think his only excuse for looking like someone running in treacle is that he has not had a break for more than 2.5 years (I've heard this said but do not know if true). Big year for this fella but from what I saw last year (for us and Brazil) he offers absolutely zero redeeming qualities of an International footballer.

. Big year for this fella but from what I saw last year (for us and Brazil) he offers absolutely zero redeeming qualities of an International footballer.

The last game he played for us he scored and we were 3 up in half an hour in the prem.

I have faith in our BraZilians. And I'm glad he's out of the international arena. That has been brutal to us in the past with ledders etc getting crocked.

Had that lovely WC build up and Paulinho's place in Brazil's S11 to mask his many average football attributes. Perfect time to sell.

Instead. Those average football attributes exposed on the world stage (like predicted) and his value plummets.

#fail

Probably the most ineffectual player at the tournament. Played 52 minutes of the 3rd place game - didn't touch the ball once.

That's not true. He certainly touched the ball, but every time he did it was exactly what he did for us. Which was essentially useless.

I went on and on about my distaste for Paulinho over the summer. I would like to see him play under Poch before I continue to decry him, but I have very little hope.

That's not true. He certainly touched the ball, but every time he did it was exactly what he did for us. Which was essentially useless.

I went on and on about my distaste for Paulinho over the summer. I would like to see him play under Poch before I continue to decry him, but I have very little hope.
Not in the first 45 mins he didn't. Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom