Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we will see better of him this season.
He scored a few for us last season, and I expect more this time round.
I think his head was just at the WC the whole of the last season being in his country and all.
Now he can completely focus on Tottenham.

Considering all last season his head was at the World Cup, why did the rest of him not turn up? He was pathetic in the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering all last season his head was at the World Cup, why did the rest of him not turn up? He was pathetic in the World Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this you talking or twitter? His last game for us he scored and made an assist.

His last prem game for us he scored.

How did England do in the World Cup? Did they get to the semis?

Is this you talking or twitter? His last game for us he scored and made an assist.

His last prem game for us he scored.

How did England do in the World Cup?
Are you seriously basing your opinion that Paulinho has turned the corner based on a performance against some Cypriot rat catchers and postmen?

Let's wait and see if he can do it at PL level.

Are you seriously basing your opinion that Paulinho has turned the corner based on a performance against some Cypriot rat catchers and postmen?

Let's wait and see if he can do it at PL level.

I mentioned the prem. Step away from twitter. He scored in his last prem game he started for is.

I know it's fashionable to mock Brazil due to sky sports etc, but how about you 'remember' actual recent games he played for us eh?

I mentioned the prem. Step away from twitter. He scored in his last prem game he started for is.

I know it's fashionable to mock Brazil due to sky sports etc, but how about you 'remember' actual recent games he played for us eh?
The last prem game you refer to was the high flying Aston Villa at home on the last day of the season when they nothing to play for... I take it all back

Yeah, they are all easy games right? Just like west ham.
Nope, West Ham is a local derby and we are their biggest game of the season so they are always fired up, whereas Villa have an awful record against us for some reason. If Paulinho had a good display against West Ham I would be significantly more impressed than a banker home game win against Villa on the last day of the season where they had nothing at stake.

How many other matches last season where you impressed with Pauliniho? Any against the top 8 teams in the league? Off the top of my head I can remember a semi decent performance against United, other than that nada. If we want to be pushing on, then we need our big players, which we hoped Paulinho would be, to perform against the better teams. Hopefully he can turn it around and has had a year to settle and get used to the Prem, but I'm not holding my breath.

Nope, West Ham is a local derby and we are their biggest game of the season so they are always fired up, whereas Villa have an awful record against us for some reason. If Paulinho had a good display against West Ham I would be significantly more impressed than a banker home game win against Villa on the last day of the season where they had nothing at stake.

How many other matches last season where you impressed with Pauliniho? Any against the top 8 teams in the league? Off the top of my head I can remember a semi decent performance against United, other than that nada. If we want to be pushing on, then we need our big players, which we hoped Paulinho would be, to perform against the better teams. Hopefully he can turn it around and has had a year to settle and get used to the Prem, but I'm not holding my breath.

That's lovely my darling. Villa are 3rd in the table.

That's lovely my darling. Villa are 3rd in the table.

This season. After 2 games. Seems a rather silly point to make.

I hope he does proves us all wrong but we can't deny he's been rather disappointing given the hype and the amount we paid. Showed us what he had in flashes and did more than lamela last year so if we're giving him the benefit of a fresh start we should do the same for paulinho.

Back
Top Bottom