Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great interview with my favorite of our new signings:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...gainst-Chelsea-for-his-fans-in-Sao-Paulo.html

I esp enjoyed these parts:

I'm not surprised we're generating interest in Brazil (if only we'd taken Bernard too!). AVB certainly likes a Brazilian or two :p

Jason Burt definitely seems to have close links to Spurs.

I literally love this:

It is said that Spurs’ training sessions are now conducted with players interchanging positions at bewildering speed – across the midfield and attack – and rotating around Soldado. “We have players who can play in this way,” Paulinho said. “It’s an ability that helps the strength of the team.”

Does anybody here envisage a formation (let's say a deep-lying one) that can accomodate both paulinho and sandro. I'm not so sure we'll see these two together often.
Why would they not? Paulinho is not a DM at all, Dembele has been deployed as the DM when they two play together...

Why would they not? Paulinho is not a DM at all, Dembele has been deployed as the DM when they two play together...
I don't know if it's just me but I think they both primarily break up play and distribute and so are a little to similar to play together unless in a very specific formation. Hey, I'd like to see it I just don't see it happening often

I think Paulinho can actually be pretty incisive/surprising with his passing, if given the license to do so. Gustavo was more of the tackling DM during the Confederations Cup, so Sandro could play that role and allow Paulinho to drive into the box and focus more on scoring.

For me the critical thing is the nature of the third CM though - imo he *must* be a creative passer like Eriksen or Holtby to ensure we have some intelligence and playmaking ability in the final third, and it'd be best if at least one of the wider players is a creative playmaking type too (e.g. Lamela).

This has been around for a few days, not sure how true it is

http://talksport.com/football/paulinho-line-new-spurs-deal-real-madrid-eye-move-13101764483?

Paulinho in line for new Spurs deal as Real Madrid eye move

Tottenham could be ready to offer summer signing Paulinho a new contract to fend off interest from Real Madrid, according to reports in Brazil.

Paulinho only joined the north London club back in July but has wasted no time adapting to the physical demands of the Premier League and he has been one of the star performers in the early part of the season.

The Brazilian international joined the club for £17m and has featured in every Premier League game this season.

Reports have suggested Real Madrid are monitoring his progress and could be ready to make a move for his signature.

Brazilian website Lancenet claim Tottenham are already planning to offer Paulinho a one-year extension to his current four-year deal to ensure he stays at White Hart Lane and that he is not tempted by a potential move to the Spanish giants.

This has been around for a few days, not sure how true it is

http://talksport.com/football/paulinho-line-new-spurs-deal-real-madrid-eye-move-13101764483?

Paulinho in line for new Spurs deal as Real Madrid eye move

Tottenham could be ready to offer summer signing Paulinho a new contract to fend off interest from Real Madrid, according to reports in Brazil.

Paulinho only joined the north London club back in July but has wasted no time adapting to the physical demands of the Premier League and he has been one of the star performers in the early part of the season.

The Brazilian international joined the club for £17m and has featured in every Premier League game this season.

Reports have suggested Real Madrid are monitoring his progress and could be ready to make a move for his signature.

Brazilian website Lancenet claim Tottenham are already planning to offer Paulinho a one-year extension to his current four-year deal to ensure he stays at White Hart Lane and that he is not tempted by a potential move to the Spanish giants.

This makes no sense because, and I'm not trying to disrespect the guy, his purchase appeal has dropped since the summer. This isn't because it's become obvious he was overrated or because he's regressed, it's just because he's trying to bed in to a new team and as such hasn't quite found his niche and goalscoring form yet ('yet' being the operative word). Compare that to summer, where he'd just made huge waves at the Confederations Cup and was one of Europe's hotter properties.

Oh, and you can also tack on the fact that his £17m release clause is gone now and we'll demand much, much more if Madrid come knocking for him.

This makes no sense because, and I'm not trying to disrespect the guy, his purchase appeal has dropped since the summer. This isn't because it's become obvious he was overrated or because he's regressed, it's just because he's trying to bed in to a new team and as such hasn't quite found his niche and goalscoring form yet ('yet' being the operative word). Compare that to summer, where he'd just made huge waves at the Confederations Cup and was one of Europe's hotter properties.

Oh, and you can also tack on the fact that his £17m release clause is gone now and we'll demand much, much more if Madrid come knocking for him.
Totally agree with this, you would need a ridiculous fee to purchase him right now. Also, as much as i like him, i can't say he over performed so far.

If Real even DARE try this again I'll..... I'll..... I'll be most irate!!

Besides, Ramsey is gonna be player of the year this season, so they'll hopefully go for him!

during the bidding proess with Corinthians, rumors said that Real Madrid would offer 20mi instead 17mi to Paulinho to seduce him (17mi to Corinthians and 3mi for the player)... since he already have given his word of the deal to the Spurs and he did not accept the Real Madri proposal.

I don't care what Madrid and their fuckwitted slimey arsehole of a president offer they can fuck right off. I can understand why they might want him coz he is absolutely top quality, loved his his lay off for Soldado's goal on Sunday and think he has the potential to be our best sgining for years - gotta keep him. And if any Madrid cunts are watching, I'll say it again.......keep your dirty fucking hands off !!

Really like the guy and you guys know I'm never one for slagging players.

But paulinho. Last few games I've had this nagging dislike for the way the guy plays football.

He just seems a bit, how can I say, jenas-y.

Anyone else think he's not showing great form or am I missing something?

Sure he'll get better as he's had just as little time a others playing in the prem. but these sideway passes, slipping over a lot and terrible long range shots are worrying me

He wins the ball quite a lot, always gets back to help defend. Spreads play wide effectively, can drive forward with the ball when necessary. Has chipped in with a few goals, and got a lovely assist week against Villa. I wouldn't worry at all. There is something that to me looks slightly odd/unorthodox about his technique imo though, can't place my finger on it though. Not that there's anything wrong with it, he's scored some cracking volleys etc in his career.

Once he's fully settled I'm sure he will be a class act.

Really like the guy and you guys know I'm never one for slagging players.

But paulinho. Last few games I've had this nagging dislike for the way the guy plays football.

He just seems a bit, how can I say, jenas-y.

Anyone else think he's not showing great form or am I missing something?

Sure he'll get better as he's had just as little time a others playing in the prem. but these sideway passes, slipping over a lot and terrible long range shots are worrying me

I' ve been thinking this for a while, besides the Cardiff goal I've been really trying to think of a time where he has stood out. Obviously he'll improve, I just don't see what he's done so well to consistently justify a place in the starting 11. He's also a massive bottle job, he hates a 50/50.

Back
Top Bottom