Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You're mad cuntchops, third name on the team sheet. Lloris, Adebayor, Sandro... after that probably walker. But short story long you're talking shit.

Charlie Adam could walk into our midfield these days...

I think Dembele is more important player to be honest, we just need a manager that allows him more freedom.

Sandro was better when he was more gung ho, and Redknapp kept doing his nut telling him not charge forward...he should be our Yaya Toure, but he's simply playing like Paulinho....the game passes him by, and lacks presence in the middle for a player of that stature. He looks scary, but he isnt.

But he is also one of the players that is now in the "Legend/Fav" bracket, and no one ever criticise, like Holtby.

Sandro is a top player, but he's been average for good while.....our midfield gets bypassed or dominated by every team we play, whatever the formation. I didnt notice our game improve when Sandro came back from injury....did you?

At least Jenas showed heart and passion and scored abour 5 goals against The Scum, and clearly loved doing so.

I think Jenas suffered the same stick as Carrick, Modric at first and now Bentaleb. He had faults, but was so unfairly treated by our fans....it was embarrassing what thay guy went through.

He was a good servant, and right now, Id happily swap Paulihno, Sandro, Lamela and Capoue for a Parker, Jenas, Huddlestone and Palacios
for a guy who, for the most part, talks a bit of sense, you don't half have a brainfart sometimes. Obviously say shit to get a rise.

Our midfield is the most overated in Tottenham history right now, and Sandro is the King of that midfield.
Remember when you had an almighty dust-up with me about me saying I'd rather have the 09-10 squad than our current squad? Remember that? and you accused me of all sorts of shit? Remember? You said it was absurd that I thought that.

Id happily swap Paulihno, Sandro, Lamela and Capoue for a Parker, Jenas, Huddlestone and Palacios

Sometimes Sammy, I think you just write things to go against the grain. Sometimes.

Remember when you had an almighty dust-up with me about me saying I'd rather have the 09-10 squad than our current squad? Remember that? and you accused me of all sorts of shit? Remember? You said it was absurd that I thought that.

Sometimes Sammy, I think you just write things to go against the grain. Sometimes.

Our squad is stronger now than it was then. But the players are underachiever's who lack heart and passion to play for this club. That much is becoming clear to me.

I want the passion, because their talent is worthless if they dont want to play as a team.

I concede that it wasnt all AVBs fault, proven by the fact that the same thing is happening to Sherwood.

To summarise this season:

AVB, not good enough
Sherwood not good enough
Squad, best in years but has no desire, and I dont see it simply gelling under another manager

Edit: Can you just discuss the football side. Fucking sick to death of people talking about me.

Our squad is stronger now than it was then. But the players are underachiever's who lack heart and passion to play for this club. That much is becoming clear to me.

I want the passion, because their talent is worthless if they dont want to play as a team.

I concede that it wasnt all AVBs fault, proven by the fact that the same thing is happening to Sherwood.

AVB, not good enough
Sherwood not good enough
Squad, best in years but has no desire, and I dont see it simply gelling under another manager

Edit: Can you just discuss the football side. Fucking sick to death of people talking about me.
:walker-scream:
:soldadowatch:

AVB, not good enough
Sherwood not good enough

Nah, you conceded that privilege when you called me all the names under the sun for putting an opinion out there you now agree with. Sorry mate.

Nah, you conceded that privilege when you called me all the names under the sun for putting an opinion out there you now agree with. Sorry mate.

I dont agree.

I think this squad is stronger, and I just said that.

I think we have far better players all over the pitch. What Id swap that for though, is commitment.

I now see that there are massive divisions and unrest.....or are you trying to say you called that months ago?

Charlie Adam could walk into our midfield these days...

I think Dembele is more important player to be honest, we just need a manager that allows him more freedom.

Sandro was better when he was more gung ho, and Redknapp kept doing his nut telling him not charge forward...he should be our Yaya Toure, but he's simply playing like Paulinho....the game passes him by, and lacks presence in the middle for a player of that stature. He looks scary, but he isnt.

But he is also one of the players that is now in the "Legend/Fav" bracket, and no one ever criticise, like Holtby.

Sandro is a top player, but he's been average for good while.....our midfield gets bypassed or dominated by every team we play, whatever the formation. I didnt notice our game improve when Sandro came back from injury....did you?

Can't believe a lot of what's contained in this post but to say Holtby doesn't get criticised on this forum is remarkable!

I personally don't want to see paulinho anywhere near the starting eleven untill next season. If he was english and his name was Smith and he was putting in performances like this the fans would be furious. His performances before his injury wernt great, but since he has come back from that injury against stoke, he has been pathetic. He is obviously protecting himself for the world cup and doing as little as possible. It's like playing with ten men with him in the team. Strange because I even though he looks like a waste of space at the minute, that still doesn't excuse him from not being able to pass the ball forward. He does know you are allowed to pass it forward in the premier league doesn't he?

I would give him one more season to prove himself, but I just don't see that he fits the style of play spurs fans want, and I don't think he ever will. But if a good offer came in for him in the summer, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

AVB, not good enough
Sherwood not good enough

Squad is the best in years but you said a few posts up the midfield is the most overrated in Tottenham's history. Which is it? You can tell me our defence and striking are options are so good now as to make our squad better than recent years?

For me we just have too many average players throughout the whole team to make top 4, I really don't believe we have a squad good enough but because we spent shit loads of money, people expect the players to be better than they actually are.

Squad is the best in years but you said a few posts up the midfield is the most overrated in Tottenham's history. Which is it? You can tell me our defence and striking are options are so good now as to make our squad better than recent years?

For me we just have too many average players throughout the whole team to make top 4, I really don't believe we have a squad good enough but because we spent shit loads of money, people expect the players to be better than they actually are.

They are overrated because they refuse to play to their full capacity.

Technically, the squad is better all over the pitch, bar Bale and Modric (even though they were not even the same players back then, but I wont quible on that) and, Id say, even the brilliance of a FIT Ledley King wouldnt compensate for Gomes, Hutton, Corluka, Alnwick, Bassong and Woodgate over Vertonghen, Lloris, Vlad, Freidel and Walker (as he is now).

Ive been through this before, dont need to repeat the whole lot, but as I said back then, I dont hear anyone complaining that we spent 110M and went 5 years backwards in terms of quality.

The squad is stronger, all over the pitch, but our problems are mental ones.

You may argue that the squad is mentally weaker, etc.......but Im talking about the quality of players, and what should have been achieved had it not gone this far. I dont think we can save this team now.

And Im sorry, but yes, I expected more from a 26M striker, a 30M winger and a 17M midfielder in the way of Paulinho.....its funny that on one side, people argue til they are blue in the face that Soldado is world class and just needs time......then try to say the squad was stronger with Crouch up front.

Back
Top Bottom