Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
I think Lyon emphatically didn't, and Gladbach had their managerial choice nailed down before Fonseca was out of a job at Roma (and the club didn't tell him they were letting him go, they just announced Mourinho, so he wouldn't have been looking).

Napoli has some special issues of its own.
Peter Bosz went to Lyon, Spalletti went to Napoli, and the end of the Bundesliga Human Centipede at Wolfsburg was Mark Van Bommel.

Spalletti is a good coach but may well be past it. I'd rather have Fonseca than Bosz or Van Bommel

Jorge Sampaoli just got Marseille. Gattuso ditched Napoli for Fiorentina. Fonseca would not have been out of work long.

I bet Lille would hire him if they could.

If he gets it I wish him the very best, from reading up he is a coach that improves players and that's what we need
If he gets the job. He has a lot more bollocks than I would have. Pretty much no credibility will equal absolutely no breathing space.

imagine his unveiling.

“So Mr Nobody, now your in charge of one of the most prestigious clubs in football history, do you think your record of 5 & 7th in Italy is enough to convince Harry Kane to play for you ?”

Dead Man Walking Day One.

Obviously all Benfica fans love him. He was terrible at Porto and is a Benfica fan.
Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Of course he was terrible at Porto. When he came they sell:
- James Rodriguez;
- João Mourinho;
- Lucho Gonzalez;
- Otamendi;
- Rolando...

All of them key players. To replace they bought:
- Herrera (horrible 1st and 2nd seasons);
- Josué (who?);
- Ghilas (what?);
- Licá (a meme in Portugal 😂);
- Diego Reyes (?!)
- Carlos Eduardo (🤔).

Say no more.

- James Rodriguez;
- João Mourinho;
- Lucho Gonzalez;
- Otamendi;
- Rolando...

- Josué (who?);
- Ghilas (what?);
- Diego Reyes (?!)
- Carlos Eduardo (🤔).

Say no more.
The starting eleven still had 8/9 very very good players. No way it justifies the meltdown he had.

Helton. Danilo otamendi mangala Alex Sandro. Fernando lucho Varela and Jackson were all very good still at the time.

he also refused to play Quintero and gave so many games to Josue and lica

and btw I’m a Porto fan :tanguythumb:

- James Rodriguez;
- João Mourinho;
- Lucho Gonzalez;
- Otamendi;
- Rolando...

- Josué (who?);
- Ghilas (what?);
- Diego Reyes (?!)
- Carlos Eduardo (🤔).

Say no more.
The issue is we may very well do the same. If Kane and Son leave, who do we have that can actually produce quality for him?

- James Rodriguez;
- João Mourinho;
- Lucho Gonzalez;
- Otamendi;
- Rolando...

- Josué (who?);
- Ghilas (what?);
- Diego Reyes (?!)
- Carlos Eduardo (🤔).

Say no more.
Well we could say .... why did he buy them then?

If we lose Kane, Son and Bale I just do not see how this guy along with Levy are going to attract quality replacements, I just cannot see how we compete next season with this Guy coming in. His previous teams are on the main worse at defending the us which is my main worry

I would be much more happy with Potter, because he hasn't failed at a club similar to ours like Fonseca and has experience in PL football. I don't think the latter is vital but if you are looking at two similar guys I would take the guy with PL experience.

I was expecting to be let down but didn't think it would be this big of a let down. My issue isn't just that it wasn't Nagelsmann, Poch, ETH or Conte, but that there is a big gap, and many available managers between them and Fonseca.

There are zero positives to latch on to with this guy and at least with Potter, as much as people laugh at it, we could spin that the xG would translate to us, it is something positive to latch onto.

This is positive, this is BETTER than Potter!!!!

E3ekjUOXoAYfaix

What I really don't understand is you openly admit to not knowing anything about him, you openly admit that you didn't watch Roma play. So how the fuck can you really have an opinion on the guy, be that either positive or negative?

Spinazzola , a journeyman who was on loan at 7 clubs...Fonseca bought him and really improved in last 2 years...he was the man of the match today with such a attacking display against a very competent Celik from LB.

Levy doing exactly what he does with transfers.

go in for Bruno Fernandes

get gedson fernandes instead

clueless. We’re getting 8th choice manager.

This is positive, this is BETTER than Potter!!!!

E3ekjUOXoAYfaix

What I really don't understand is you openly admit to not knowing anything about him, you openly admit that you didn't watch Roma play. So how the fuck can you really have an opinion on the guy, be that either positive or negative?
The Slaven Bilic-Big Sam collab there is a thing of beauty

The starting eleven still had 8/9 very very good players. No way it justifies the meltdown he had.

Helton. Danilo otamendi mangala Alex Sandro. Fernando lucho Varela and Jackson were all very good still at the time.

he also refused to play Quintero and gave so many games to Josue and lica

and btw I’m a Porto fan :tanguythumb:
Oh ok, I can see now why you don’t like him.

Obviously all Benfica fans love him. He was terrible at Porto and is a Benfica fan.
Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Nope, not at all. Being an alleged Benfica fan if anything would count against him, given the long list of other well known alleged Benfica fans in all areas of portuguese football, who then spend their careers doing their best (or worst) to fuck the club in every way possible.

Second, the consensus with Benfica fans, going by our main forum, is that Fonseca is a self-serving cunt for what happened before moving to Porto, while still managing Paços de Ferreira, in a game against the same Porto he had already signed for... I can see where they are coming from.

Personally, I don't have strong feelings either way. Still maintain the opinion that he's a major upgrade on Mourinho, and also better than Nuno Espirito Santo (too cautious/defensive), like I posted many pages ago. But I never really paid much attention to Fonseca.

Back
Top Bottom