Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
Is he really bringing no one with him? I can maybe understand us making him keep mason and Ledley (I mean I wouldn’t want that but if I really try I guess I can see it), but not a single top assistant that knows him and his system and can help implement?

every top manager needs at least one top assistant that he fully trusts. This (of many things) concerns me.
I think he'll just be bringing in new assistants. Might have a few people from inside our club, and will probably bring in a few coaches from whatever contacts he had around the place that are deemed a good fit. Mourinho brought in the guys from Lille for example, Fonseca might go for a more frugal version of that.

Our Levy anger should be taken out on Levy even iif Fonseca is poor.

Before Fonseca arrived Shahktar had won 9 of the previous 13 Ukranian titles. Its a Celtic and Rangers situation. Its like saying Neil Lennon should be concidered a decent managerial appointment with us because he won 5 titles and 5 domestic cups. Shahkter have never knocked Man City out of the champions league, they beat them once in a group game but also had 3-0 and 6-0 defeats against them in other years. I'm not sure i understand the argument that we don't know much about him, like any potential manager you look at their record, longevity at clubs, whether they will attract players etc and form an opinion. I know nothing about the Cowley brothers but i'd know how i'd feel about them getting offered the job. I'm not saying he'll be terrible, he might be a Jol, he might be a Gross, just the we should be looking for something better
I have to agree with you. At this point, Levy, having made it abundantly clear that he's not going to spend (conte negotiations), the person who takes the job obviously acceded Levy's notion of how the club should continue.
It's been embarrassing to watch him go down the list of potentials until he found someone who appears weak.
I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that we are going to see no important personnel changes. Harry won't stay for this imo.
There will be very little improvement whilst Levy is running things.
He has what he wants. A nice big shiny venue (not a football ground) to stage the horrible NFL and Spurs still bringing in money. Why would he want to change it?
As John/Joan Thomas has pointed out, he is in it for the investment and won't let go until he had bled us dry.
I feel a little sorry for Zorro. He's on a hiding to nothing.

Unfortunately those guys were useless. And then Lille won the league after they left
:mourfacepalm:
Yeah, but it works sometimes. Pep brought in a guy this year credited with some of their improvements. Tuchel took on some of his current staff in late 2018 I think. I dunno, I guess we just have to wait and see.

Yeah, but it works sometimes. Pep brought in a guy this year credited with some of their improvements. Tuchel took on some of his current staff in late 2018 I think. I dunno, I guess we just have to wait and see.
For sure. I don't think Ole would be doing such a "good" job without Mike phelan. It would seem Jose chose poorly

Wasn't that one of the Moyesiah's big cockups? Getting rid of Phelan and other back room staff?

Stupid and arrogant twattish thing to do
Yes. Man U fans to this day talk about that as a fundamental backward step post-Fergie.

Moyes was bad enough without removing the fabric of the club and replacing them with coaches that had been drilling Tony Hibbert to play ABC football.

What is the alternative though? Anyone who runs the club will be a businessman, from what I’ve seen Levy really cares about the club and is actually both emotionally and financially invested in things. I just don’t see what people think will happen if Levy and ENIC clear out? Do we think some billionaire Spurs fan celebrity with a heart of gold is going to appear out of nowhere? No, it will likely be another consortium who are quite cold and business-like. The happy go lucky chairmen which some are idealizing tend to be involved with small time clubs, which we aren’t! There is nothing wrong with demanding the best from those running the club but people need to get realistic.
Emotionally and financial invested is leading to terrible leadership and decision making..... it’s a fair point on happy go lucky owners but we can replace Levy and move forward even if Lewis/Levt retain their ownership

Back
Top Bottom