Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
So….why the delay in appointment. Bookies not taking any bets for days now on this chap being the new coach. He’s not in a job. What’s the hold up

did make me chuckle when Alistar Gold claims they are brining in a defensive coach to work with The Fonz because Fonzie’s teams can’t defend. Cracking start.

So….why the delay in appointment. Bookies not taking any bets for days now on this chap being the new coach. He’s not in a job. What’s the hold up

did make me chuckle when Alistar Gold claims they are brining in a defensive coach to work with The Fonz because Fonzie’s teams can’t defend. Cracking start.

58 minutes of Gold droning on into a camera? .....Fuck me! :pochshock:

It’s like introducing the ugly bird you pulled that you can’t shake off to the parents.

This is all just happy talk that glosses over a manager search which ran out of time and ideas. And it underlines the chaos which much have existed to fire a manager in season without a plan as to how to replace him. What was gained by not letting Mourinho ride out the season while the team put in motion getting a top level replacement? It would have given the team time to find a manager out of the glare of public speculation (and now ridicule). Last game ends and you might have been able to put paid to the old regime and introduce the new, getting the off season started on a positive start. What have you got instead? No plan, no accountability, and so far no manager.

Its the sort of appointment that if West Ham had made a couple of years ago would barely register, you'd just think poor sod won't last 12 /18 months. Not to say he'll definitely be a flop because you never know, some managers just fit but i think we can safely write off top 4 aspirations.

We are just pathetic is the answer. Nothing just nothing is ever done with us.

Incredible.

maybe they are waiting to announce until we make a signing then do both, whatever way we look at it, there will be backlash may aswell just announce now
Apparently its because we're scrambling around Europe looking for a coaching team to work with him, especially a defensive coach as Fonsecas teams leak like a sieve. So apparently appointing someone with such an obvious flaw is totally normal behaviour from a totally sane football club.

Well we were horrific under Mou and just as bad under Mason so it's not like the manager will make a huge difference anyway

Our issues stem from the players and board. So whatever really.

If they get rid of as much deadwood as it looks like they are planning to, I'll give him a chance. By no means the most inspiring appointment, but writing him off before he's even in the country is ridiculous.

It was a beautiful weekend. It's a beautiful day today. And I'm optimistic about this appointment.

Everyone crying cos he crap defensively...apparently. Spurs have acknowledged that and are, apparently, looking to help him. How is that wrong? No manager is perfect and, apparently, we're looking to give him help where he is weakest. Smart.

Then all the talk about the apparent clear out and refresh of the squad. Exciting stuff.

Only remaining issue now is Kane. Keep him and I'm quite looking forward to next season. Not sure why everyone is writing us off.

It was a beautiful weekend. It's a beautiful day today. And I'm optimistic about this appointment.

Everyone crying cos he crap defensively...apparently. Spurs have acknowledged that and are, apparently, looking to help him. How is that wrong? No manager is perfect and, apparently, we're looking to give him help where he is weakest. Smart.

Then all the talk about the apparent clear out and refresh of the squad. Exciting stuff.

Only remaining issue now is Kane. Keep him and I'm quite looking forward to next season. Not sure why everyone is writing us off.
if we finish top 6 next season with or without Kane, I'll eat my hat

Back
Top Bottom