Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep agreed the only problem is, and we've seen it so many times b4, there's no 'learning' space or time at Tottenham let alone the prem.

Between the owners and the fanbase - of all seasons - this really ought to be a season where "learning space" IS afforded.

Poch didn't carry such high demands in his 1st season and the top half of the table is more dense now than it's ever been.

Last edited:
You mean a winger/Wfwd then.

....A position that these days demands 20+ G&A per season at the top level.... A la Son, Salah, Mane, Mahrez, etc. etc.

You think he's got that in his locker?
Judging by the goal he scored against united
I believe he definitely has that quality in him. I think he could get a lot of goal contributions from further up the pitch. Considering he only joined in January and where he played in a struggling mentally shot team and managed to chip in with a few goals and assists I'd definitely say the potential is there in a more forward role in an attacking side. Three goals and three assists in 15 in a team shot to pieces was good I thought.

Defending is easier to learn, in any invasion game sport, defending is effort, discipline and focus.

Attacking skill is much harder to develop, that's why you pay more for it.

As long as Porro is given clear instructions and he wants to play badly enough, he can learn to be a FB.

He basically played FB against us when Sporting were without the ball and he was fine.

Also add in the fact that we want to have more possession so he will have less defending to do...

He's got pace, he's got strength and balance. He can be better than we have seen.

Yep we’ll said. Think the high press front foot nature will help a lot of our defenders rather than sitting back and inviting on pressure.

Judging by the goal he scored against united
I believe he definitely has that quality in him. I think he could get a lot of goal contributions from further up the pitch. Considering he only joined in January and where he played in a struggling mentally shot team and managed to chip in with a few goals and assists I'd definitely say the potential is there in a more forward role in an attacking side.

I'm not saying he can or can't do it.... Just highlighting that it wouldn't be a case of merely banging in some crosses and a few sweetening goals; he'd need to be a fully contributing member of our strike force.

I'm not saying he can or can't do it.... Just highlighting that it wouldn't be a case of merely banging in some crosses and a few sweetening goals; he'd need to be a fully contributing member of our strike force.
I think put him on the front foot higher up the pitch he'll scare the absolute shit out of left backs.

Pretty shitty defending today on the Salior’s goal. Our wing backs are taking wild leg swings at clearing, rather than winning the ball in the air with the noggin. Perhaps they would rather not risk the gray matter in preseason? Savvy.

Pretty shitty defending today on the Salior’s goal. Our wing backs are taking wild leg swings at clearing, rather than winning the ball in the air with the noggin. Perhaps they would rather not risk the gray matter in preseason? Savvy.
Never a full back. Lunacy to have him in our box

I think Porro is a fantastic player, but I would have nowhere in near defence, but on the attacking front he is great.

I think a front three of

Son -------- Richy -------- Porro

Would be a nightmare for any team to go up against and Porro's strengths are defeinately going forwards and not defending.

I see him in the same kind of way that Bale started out. He started in LB position when he first started to play. When we pushed fim forward into midfield and dropped some of his defensive duties we all know what player he became.

Now I am not saying the Porro will be become the same class of player as Bale (you never know), but I do think that Porro like Bale would benefit from being pushed forward a bit and drop some of those defensive duties that he isn't really any good at anyway and just play him to his strengths.

I he is quicker than Deki, got a better pass than Deki (IMO) and think he suits that forward role on the right better than Deki.

I think a sharing or Porro/Solomon on the right of the front three would be a position well covered.

I would go for something like as an attacking front 6 of any combination.

Son/Solomon ------ Richy/New CF ------ Porro/ Solomon/Devine

Maddison/Sarr --------------------------- Lo Celso/Deki
------------------------- Bissouma/New DM

I really do honestly think that Porro would be a far better player, as I said if we played him to his strengths, he was involved in some fantastic build up play and goals last season, despite the whole season being one giant turd burger.

Yes I know, I put Solomon on both sides and we have seen him play on both sides and he looks just as good on either.

I wonder if the rumours about our interest in Kessie are because Ange realises in Porro & Udogie we have two FBs who are outstanding going forwards but complete works-in-progress defensively.

So, in terms of midfield balance, rather than a defensive 6 and two creative 8s, Ange may opt for two highly mobile players who can cover the ground when our FBs are up the pitch and we lose the ball. With two of Bissouma, Kessie & Sarr in midfield, alongside say Maddison or GLC, we would at least have some protection.

Ange may also need to pick one FB who stays at home, eg Emerson at RB, Davies (or VDV2 if he signs) at LB, especially against strong teams. In other words, only one of Porro and Udogie on the pitch in many games.

I think Porro is a fantastic player, but I would have nowhere in near defence, but on the attacking front he is great.

I think a front three of

Son -------- Richy -------- Porro

Would be a nightmare for any team to go up against and Porro's strengths are defeinately going forwards and not defending.

I see him in the same kind of way that Bale started out. He started in LB position when he first started to play. When we pushed fim forward into midfield and dropped some of his defensive duties we all know what player he became.

Now I am not saying the Porro will be become the same class of player as Bale (you never know), but I do think that Porro like Bale would benefit from being pushed forward a bit and drop some of those defensive duties that he isn't really any good at anyway and just play him to his strengths.

I he is quicker than Deki, got a better pass than Deki (IMO) and think he suits that forward role on the right better than Deki.

I think a sharing or Porro/Solomon on the right of the front three would be a position well covered.

I would go for something like as an attacking front 6 of any combination.

Son/Solomon ------ Richy/New CF ------ Porro/ Solomon/Devine

Maddison/Sarr --------------------------- Lo Celso/Deki
------------------------- Bissouma/New DM

I really do honestly think that Porro would be a far better player, as I said if we played him to his strengths, he was involved in some fantastic build up play and goals last season, despite the whole season being one giant turd burger.

Yes I know, I put Solomon on both sides and we have seen him play on both sides and he looks just as good on either.
The problem with Porro is he's not a good dribbler. He could become worldclass as a Marcelo type FB, i.e. one who doesn't have to defend.

The problem with Porro is he's not a good dribbler. He could become worldclass as a Marcelo type FB, i.e. one who doesn't have to defend.
Yup possibly, I just feel he has one hand tied behind his back with his defensive duties.

But then, Ange likes to play balls into space and channels for players run onto and turn defences. It may not necessarily he needs to be the world's best dribbler...

Either way, I just feel he would be a lot better player without his defensive duties, and I just love his positive go get em up for a fight (not like real fisty cuff fighting) attitude.

But then... After reading Elias's post above, I can't see why Ange couldn't improve Porro's defensive side of the game. After all, Ange can bring players through the ranks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom