Pedro Porro

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like this.

The lad can't defend properly but he is very good going forward.

He played 15 matches last season, how about we give him some time to settle into a new league ?

Yes I could see Emerson starting to begin the season but Porro eventually taking the starting spot as the entire squad gets more comfortable with the system.

I really like Porro but he’s not really a right back. I think he will do a fantastic job as a right winger and has a part to play at right back against lower teams. Emerson is rightfully ahead of him in the pecking order.

He played 15 matches last season, how about we give him some time to settle into a new league ?

Yes I could see Emerson starting to begin the season but Porro eventually taking the starting spot as the entire squad gets more comfortable with the system.
Letting players run off you and just walking away from them is nothing to do with settling in.

I thought they'd rip him apart like in the Leicester match, but he actually held his own decently well in defence, I hope that means he put a lot of work into his 1-on-1 defending.

Last edited:
I thought they'd rip him apart like in the Newcastle match, but he actually held his own decently well in defence, I hope that means he put a lot of work into his 1-on-1 defending.

Honestly, he improves defensively quite a bit by just having better positioning and awareness. That would eliminate like half of the goals he is at fault for.

He's clearly a driven, motivated guy....... If he continues in the vein that his old manager saw him; and finds himself not starting, he'll want to know what to do to rectify that and bust a gut to do so.......

Not gonna stress it in the meantime; he can just be a little project for Ange............ Against a parked bus he can be useful as a hyper-attacking RB and against top oppo can be a combative winger if Kulu is struggling against the oppo WB/FB (both of which kinda fits Ange's philosophy about having players with diff. qualities switching in and out of his ever-present framework and system.)

He can play against bus parkers but there not many teams out there who park the bus these days, probably about 2/3 in the PL alone and that's it.

I thought they'd rip him apart like in the Leicester match, but he actually held his own decently well in defence, I hope that means he put a lot of work into his 1-on-1 defending.

I don't know what match you were watching but he didn't defend decently at all, they guy doesn't have a defenders instinct in his body.

Son
Perisic...................Porro
Maddison...... Kulusevski
Bissouma
Udogie....VDV....Romero....Emerson

Vicario
I'd like to see this against Utd next week

Put Porro as a RWF and move Kulusevski into an attacking midfield position alongside Maddison

At Sporting it was easy to hide his defensive weaknesses because of the system we play. He always had cover from the third center back and he was a huge piece of our success because of how dangerous he is going forward.

He has all the tools to be a top player for Spurs and I think he Is still adapting to a new reality. I believe he could be the starting right back if given some time. He is far more talented than Emerson in my opinion although I do recognize his defensive faults at the moment.

At Sporting it was easy to hide his defensive weaknesses because of the system we play. He always had cover from the third center back and he was a huge piece of our success because of how dangerous he is going forward.

He has all the tools to be a top player for Spurs and I think he Is still adapting to a new reality. I believe he could be the starting right back if given some time. He is far more talented than Emerson in my opinion although I do recognize his defensive faults at the moment.
Ange loves him but he recognizes that he's not ready yet, if he works on his defensive positioning he'll have the chance to displace Emerson.

He's no inverted fullback, but I am a little intrigued by what he might offer as a right winger.

We need thrust from the flanks.

Right away Ange moved Perisic to LW. He could've done that with Porro but didn't.

Emerson is the safer player at the moment, but Porro will get his chance. Up to him to show improvement.

Ange loves him but he recognizes that he's not ready yet, if he works on his defensive positioning he'll have the chance to displace Emerson.

Positioning is just a fraction of the puzzle as far as being a good defender goes though.... It's reading the game, how and when to press up on the attacking player, when to engage, when to back off, when to or not to tackle and usher instead.

.....And that's before you consider the art of in the box defending.

Positioning is just a fraction of the puzzle as far as being a good defender goes though.... It's reading the game, how and when to press up on the attacking player, when to engage, when to back off, when to or not to tackle and usher instead.

.....And that's before you consider the art of in the box defending.
It's probably his biggest weakness right now.

Back
Top Bottom