Pelé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All I did was express my surprise and disgust at the linking of a racist like Geoff Hurst with Pele. I mean, what a fucked up obituary that is. It's right to condemn the BBC for that.

This pile-on I've received from the forum's far right is concerning.
It might have been better if you'd have posted your criticism of the BBC here, in the BBC thread - https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/bbc-how-do-you-want-your-bbc.14888/ - rather than mess up people's tributes to Pele.

Football legend Pele 'is moved to end-of-life care' in hospital, as doctors stop chemotherapy with his body not responding to it in fight against bowel cancer​

By ADAM SHERGOLD FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 12:35 GMT, 3 December 2022 | UPDATED: 14:31 GMT, 3 December 2022

Brazilian football legend Pele 'has been moved to palliative care' in hospital and is 'no longer responding to chemotherapy' in his fight against bowel cancer.
Reports in Brazil said the 82-year-old, who went into hospital last week, is receiving measures to relieve pain in an 'end-of life palliative care' ward.
His former club Santos, Brazilian ex-player Rivaldo and the France international forward Kylian Mbappe were among those tweeting good wishes, joining fans around the world.

Not to start a long list but I'd add Johan Cruijff to that list. Those 3 were not just great geniuses as football players but also had "great" personalities as all 3 kept on affecting football after their careers had ended...
Cruyff/Cruijff is most definitely on that list, imo. Very different from the two mentioned as he was more of a 'football intellectual' (they are all genuises/genuii or whatever the word is).

Cruyff didn't have the same global popularity but probably has the greater legacy, in terms of his style of play (admittedly mentored by Rinus Micheals) and I also think, perhaps a tad controversially, that not coming 'from the ghetto' and being perceived as more, white/western Europe also had some influence on him not having the same global 'popularity' as the other two, who are perceived (and were) as playing football from the streets.

He's still my all-time football hero, bar none.

Last edited:
RIP legend

Pele-with-the-World-Cup-trophy-1970.jpg

You're a daily mail reading basic bitch, Mick. There's fuck all me closing my account will do to improve that.

It was your BBC who drew the link between confirmed racist Geoff Hurst and an obituary for Pelé. It's important that the forum's moral compass calls that out.

I don't deny you your right to be a far right wanker, but it doesn't stop me from balancing that out with some righteous sanity.

Anyway, have you managed to find a job yet? Was thinking about reaching out, I might know of a few vacancies coming up.

Fuck off Vince

I remember when you used to be funny

Now you’re just a cunt

Get a life

Back
Top Bottom