Pep Guardiola

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guardiola is a big coach, the number one but if we see your story...
Pep was great with Barcelona ( MESSI) went to Bayern to win the Champions. Only the Bundesliga has won, which for the Germans is ordinary administration. After spending a lot this years he’ll win the Premier but everything it’ll depend on what he will do in the Champions League.
A man illuminated (sabbatical year in NY to study other methods of working in different sports) but budget for 5-6 teams..,

Pep was great with Barcelona ( MESSI) went to Bayern to win the Champions. Only the Bundesliga has won, which for the Germans is ordinary administration. After spending a lot this years he’ll win the Premier but everything it’ll depend on what he will do in the Champions League.
A man illuminated (sabbatical year in NY to study other methods of working in different sports) but budget for 5-6 teams..,
It’s much easier to be a “winning “coach with massive funds available. I’d like to see what his “amazing football genius” could do with a squad like West Bromwich outside of blaming their shortcomings on lack of funds being their main problem

It’s much easier to be a “winning “coach with massive funds available. I’d like to see what his “amazing football genius” could do with a squad like West Bromwich outside of blaming their shortcomings on lack of funds being their main problem
I think the same.
Before Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique’ ecc.
after MCity with super budget.
Also Mancini win with MCity... and Mancini is “ normal one” ...

Are you still here? Lost or something? ;-)

Pep is a great manager but money certainly helps!

At least he believes in attacking football which can be nice on the eye. No parking the bus with him!

I think the same.
Before Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Pique’ ecc.
after MCity with super budget.
Also Mancini win with MCity... and Mancini is “ normal one” ...

Look at Barcelona squad season before he came and the results they had that season. And then, look what he did with that team in 4 years.
Messi was 19 ffs, Pique just came from United, Xavi was good, Iniesta done nothing before he came in. He brought up Busquets. Give him credits for that. They were absolutely amazing team to watch, just like City now.

Of course super budget helps, but there is a reason why these clubs with that budget want him.

Are you still here? Lost or something? ;-)

Pep is a great manager but money certainly helps!

At least he believes in attacking football which can be nice on the eye. No parking the bus with him!
I like reading different points of view and surely you are a competent media fan. If you do not want to leave, it's your forum! :)

Look at Barcelona squad season before he came and the results they had that season. And then, look what he did with that team in 4 years.
Messi was 19 ffs, Pique just came from United, Xavi was good, Iniesta done nothing before he came in. He brought up Busquets. Give him credits for that. They were absolutely amazing team to watch, just like City now.

Of course super budget helps, but there is a reason why these clubs with that budget want him.
Pulis could win the league with City's squad would that make him elite?

For me Pep is the best.
I like : Pep’s game, Pep’s style ( I don’t like Mourinho, too nervious)
Every time super budget ( and FFP??): the Champions 2017-18 ‘ll litmus test.

You're crazy to think that. So, you think Pulis=Guardiola or what?
i dont know pulis never had the teams or budgets to work with but if he did and if he was spanish and an insufferable douche...
mindblown.png

i dont know pulis never had the teams or budgets to work with but if he did and if he was spanish and an insufferable douche...
mindblown.png

Because he's a fucking shit manager?

If he was any good then the top clubs would want him. He has won NOTHING in his career. I'm always confused as to why clubs keep going for these shit managers like him, Allardayce, Pardew when they've all won sweet fuck all.

Give Pulis money? And he'll be signing the likes of Charlie Adam, Jake Livermore and Cameron Jerome. He has amounted to nothing in his career, signing nothing players and achieving nothing with them. No big club would even dare go near him. For good reason.

The reason the top clubs go for Guardiola is because he's proven that he can get the job done. Change a clubs style of football and look to use talent from the country he's managing in. I just find it strange that anyone would ever compare Guardiola to the likes of Pulis and think it's a decent comparison.

Maybe if Pochettino leaves us for something bigger, we should get Pulis in? I mean we're not exactly poor and he's on par with Guardiola after all.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but:
Got a twenty grand fine for wearing yellow ribbon.
Walks out next game wearing Marie curie yellow flower for cancer on opposite lapel.
Now, I'm all for famous people promoting charitable causes but the cynic in me is saying that he has essentially swapped one yellow emblem for another and gotten away with it.

Because he's a fucking shit manager?

If he was any good then the top clubs would want him. He has won NOTHING in his career. I'm always confused as to why clubs keep going for these shit managers like him, Allardayce, Pardew when they've all won sweet fuck all.

Give Pulis money? And he'll be signing the likes of Charlie Adam, Jake Livermore and Cameron Jerome. He has amounted to nothing in his career, signing nothing players and achieving nothing with them. No big club would even dare go near him. For good reason.

The reason the top clubs go for Guardiola is because he's proven that he can get the job done. Change a clubs style of football and look to use talent from the country he's managing in. I just find it strange that anyone would ever compare Guardiola to the likes of Pulis and think it's a decent comparison.

Maybe if Pochettino leaves us for something bigger, we should get Pulis in? I mean we're not exactly poor and he's on par with Guardiola after all.
Not remotely suggesting that Pulis is on Gairdiolas level, but the argument that he’s not won anything doesn’t really stand.

If the drug cheat Pep hadn’t played for Barcelona, he’d never have got near that job. He wouldn’t even have got near the B Team. He did ok in his B Team season, winning his division with a strong side, before taking over a team that was full of talent, had just finished 3rd the previous season and signed half a dozen players for big money. To be fair, he improved them, but it wasn’t as if he was taking a poor side to glory. It was Barcelona.

He’s always had resources. He’s always had his playing career to refer to and to get him started. He’s always been with one of the two strongest teams in his league. The likes of Pulis could never get that B Team job in the first place, so comparisons are moot, but the gap in their talents is less than the gap on their little black book of contacts.

Not remotely suggesting that Pulis is on Gairdiolas level, but the argument that he’s not won anything doesn’t really stand.

If the drug cheat Pep hadn’t played for Barcelona, he’d never have got near that job. He wouldn’t even have got near the B Team. He did ok in his B Team season, winning his division with a strong side, before taking over a team that was full of talent, had just finished 3rd the previous season and signed half a dozen players for big money. To be fair, he improved them, but it wasn’t as if he was taking a poor side to glory. It was Barcelona.

He’s always had resources. He’s always had his playing career to refer to and to get him started. He’s always been with one of the two strongest teams in his league. The likes of Pulis could never get that B Team job in the first place, so comparisons are moot, but the gap in their talents is less than the gap on their little black book of contacts.
I don't disagree with what you say but looking at Mourinho and Pep regardless of how they got to the top table what Pep does with all of the money in the world is more impressive than what Mourinho does with all of the money in the world.

I am not sure that Pep could do what Poch did with us but I am not sure there are many managers that can do what Pep did at Barca / Munich / City.

I don't disagree with what you say but looking at Mourinho and Pep regardless of how they got to the top table what Pep does with all of the money in the world is more impressive than what Mourinho does with all of the money in the world.

I am not sure that Pep could do what Poch did with us but I am not sure there are many managers that can do what Pep did at Barca / Munich / City.
I’m pretty sure Mourinho would have done as well with Barca / Munich / City as he proved with Porto / Inter / Real. I’d suggest what he did with Porto blows anything Pep has ever done out of the water.

And also remember the managers who have won titles with Man City. Or Champions Leagues with Chelsea. Hardly a stellar lineup.

I’m pretty sure Mourinho would have done as well with Barca / Munich / City as he proved with Porto / Inter / Real. I’d suggest what he did with Porto blows anything Pep has ever done out of the water.

And also remember the managers who have won titles with Man City. Or Champions Leagues with Chelsea. Hardly a stellar lineup.

What he has done with Porto is massive, I agree the most impressive on either CV. Since then its not only what they have achieved but how they have done it, Pep is not only championed for the things that he has done but how he has played while doing it - the comparison to free spending Man U and free spending Man City is relevant, not just where they sit in the table but how they play.

If I was an owner at one of the super clubs (top 2 money in the league) I would rather have Pep in than anyone else. If I was further down the pecking order I would still want him in (*if Poch was unavailable) but I would be a bit more wary.

* I do not subscribe to the cult of Pep, I think he is a bit of a knob (and an underrated weirdo) - I think we can always question his CV while there isn't one of the richest team in any league on there. What I think he is great at is creating great footballing teams while having unlimited funds.

What he has done with Porto is massive, I agree the most impressive on either CV. Since then its not only what they have achieved but how they have done it, Pep is not only championed for the things that he has done but how he has played while doing it - the comparison to free spending Man U and free spending Man City is relevant, not just where they sit in the table but how they play.

If I was an owner at one of the super clubs (top 2 money in the league) I would rather have Pep in than anyone else. If I was further down the pecking order I would still want him in (*if Poch was unavailable) but I would be a bit more wary.
A very fair point on the style of play. Porto and Inter made me want to cry when they played. With the odd exception (Busquets being that exception, the injury faking, diving, cheating, piece of shit), Gaurdiolas teams have been lovely to watch. And he does improve very good players to become excellent, so happy to concede that too. He’s still a tit though.

Don't know if anyone mentioned this but:
Got a twenty grand fine for wearing yellow ribbon.
Walks out next game wearing Marie curie yellow flower for cancer on opposite lapel.
Now, I'm all for famous people promoting charitable causes but the cynic in me is saying that he has essentially swapped one yellow emblem for another and gotten away with it.
I actually think if we allow the poppy we should allow thee ribbon. It's a slippery slope. If I was pep I would of worn a lovely cashmere lemon Jersey. He can carry it off.
:vdvhmm:

Back
Top Bottom