Petition for Jeff Bezos to buy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet we’ve been told we have to sell in order to buy . I know it’s early days re the stadium & what it’s has brought in due to Covid but time will tell if we actually benefit from non footballing events
Yeah, the construction delays backed the stadium up and then Covid fucked us once we did get it rolling. The last accounts showed the revenue it will produce, once we can get back in it. Covered off our CL losses, and have helped us weather Covid better than most, I think. But we still got crunched financially. If this season goes off well, hopefully next summer we'll be in better shape (and in the CL, let's hope).

People have a problem with Uncle Joe's yacht, but if Evil Overlord Jeff bought the club, Spurs would probably be playing on his yacht.

FFS, when one man can pay to deconstruct and reconstruct a massive bridge just to get his ridiculous fucking boat past it...there's clearly something wrong with our economic system, people.

I don't think that Amazon could buy the club as long as they are a broadcaster for league games tbh. Screams conflict of interests.

Sponsorships however are different animals.

Whoever thinks Amazon buying Spurs would be a good idea is deluded.

I don't think we really have much of an idea of how Amazon would be as owners. Based on how the business is run doing things for as cheap as possible to maximize profits they likely would be poor owners, but I also think that assuming that they would run Spurs like they run a completely different business is foolish.

If they bought Spurs I assume it would be in large part to promote the Amazon brand and the best way to do that is to win and be in Champions League to maximize their exposure and to ensure that the view of Spurs was a positive one, not the current negativity as they wouldn't want Amazon associated with that.

However, Bezos has not shown any indication that he is a football fan or would be an owner like an Ambramovich that would want to spend on the club for personal reasons.

Back
Top Bottom