Petition for Jeff Bezos to buy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When it comes to financial assessments we can either believe the world's leading financial publication or Delboy750 off TFC. The fantasy world you inhabit is the delusion that anyone chooses the latter over the former.

Tavistock is heavily invested in Lake Nona, but they don't own everything in the development, ergo the "value" of Lake Nona isn't on their books. Lewis also doesn't own all of Tavistock Group, so all the value of its portfolio isn't ascribed to Lewis.

ยฃ250M on footballers isn't an investment, either. Its insanity. Levy is a cunt, but not because of the way he runs the finances of Spurs. I've no interest in supporting a club like City, Chelsea, or PSG - fuck that. Thats everything thats wrong with football.
Oh I agree with you...but you do sound increasingly like a bloke fighting a duel with a sword whilst the other bloke has a musket, insisting all the while we're going about this the correct way. I'm your second by the way.

But that, again, is looking at everything in a vacuum. Without the debt we wouldn't have the new training ground and the new stadium and the additional revenue it brings. We would have sold Kane and Son years ago, as we wouldn't have been able to afford their wages. We wouldn't have bought Ndombele.

The debt is a net positive, we're better off with it than without it.
My worry is that itโ€™s portfolio over football , weโ€™ll not really know until 5 or 10 years down the line either way . Certain press releases have raised that concern , The NFL thing & is being anchor tenants โ€œ The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the USโ€

weโ€™ll see

My worry is that itโ€™s portfolio over football , weโ€™ll not really know until 5 or 10 years down the line either way . Certain press releases have raised that concern , The NFL thing & is being anchor tenants โ€œ The anchor tenant is Tottenham Hotspur but this is designed to be a permanent home for the NFL outside the USโ€

weโ€™ll see
I'm still exceedingly skeptical on an NFL team as permanent resident in London. I don't believe it provides significant revenue increase over what they're doing now, and creates a lot of legal difficulties for the league.

I'm still exceedingly skeptical on an NFL team as permanent resident in London. I don't believe it provides significant revenue increase over what they're doing now, and creates a lot of legal difficulties for the league.
Are you kidding ? The television revenue has levy salivating

Are you kidding ? The television revenue has levy salivating
Have you seen what NFL franchises are valued at today? Lewis and Levy don't have the money to join the club, anyway.

But the point still stands, permanently locating a club in London 8-9 weeks out of the year won't increase NFL revenues substantially over what they already have by playing a full slate of NFL games in London with rotating teams anyway.

And the legalities around permanent residence would change the way the league is organized, particularly non-guaranteed contracts. The NFL currently gets away with violating tons of US labor laws thanks to their antitrust exemption. The league is also exempt from taxes.

The NFL isn't going to base a club permanently in London. It just isn't going to happen.

Have you seen what NFL franchises are valued at today? Lewis and Levy don't have the money to join the club, anyway.

But the point still stands, permanently locating a club in London 8-9 weeks out of the year won't increase NFL revenues substantially over what they already have by playing a full slate of NFL games in London with rotating teams anyway.

And the legalities around permanent residence would change the way the league is organized, particularly non-guaranteed contracts. The NFL currently gets away with violating tons of US labor laws thanks to their antitrust exemption. The league is also exempt from taxes.

The NFL isn't going to base a club permanently in London. It just isn't going to happen.
I donโ€™t think Levy/Lewis want to own a f NFL Franchise, just be a landlord of the stadium of a NFL team . Part of me feels that theyโ€™ve been lead down the garden path with all this & it could end in nothing happening which unfortunately will end in THFC as a football team suffering financially. Much the same with the naming rights

Found ยฃ8bn for property but you think he canโ€™t find a penny of his own money for Spurs ?
When it comes to financial assessments we can either believe the world's leading financial publication or Delboy750 off TFC. The fantasy world you inhabit is the delusion that anyone chooses the latter over the former.

Tavistock is heavily invested in Lake Nona, but they don't own everything in the development, ergo the "value" of Lake Nona isn't on their books. Lewis also doesn't own all of Tavistock Group, so all the value of its portfolio isn't ascribed to Lewis.

ยฃ250M on footballers isn't an investment, either. Its insanity. Levy is a cunt, but not because of the way he runs the finances of Spurs. I've no interest in supporting a club like City, Chelsea, or PSG - fuck that. Thats everything thats wrong with football.

Youโ€™re incredibly naive if you think a tax exile in the Bahamas listed worth is heโ€™s actually worth. You only have to look at the Panama Papers. You just have to look at the complexity of how THFC divisions are structured to know this guy has billions stashed away offshore. His Art collection alone is worth over ยฃ1 bn. And please tell me who else owns Tavistock? As far as Iโ€™m aware it was founded by joe Lewis and is 100% owned by him. As far as the investments in Florida if you can tell me how to post a picture on here I will show the investment so far is ยฃ8 bn + by Tavistock. Of course thatโ€™s not all their own funds and is financed. The point is if someone can raise ยฃ8bn + for a project thatโ€™s listed on the same website as Tottenham Hotspur, then surely the man can put โ€œ something โ€œ into this football club. If he canโ€™t then sell it to someone that can seriously move the club forward, theyโ€™ve had 20 years.

I donโ€™t think Levy/Lewis want to own a f NFL Franchise, just be a landlord of the stadium of a NFL team . Part of me feels that theyโ€™ve been lead down the garden path with all this & it could end in nothing happening which unfortunately will end in THFC as a football team suffering financially. Much the same with the naming rights
NFL franchises typically don't like paying rent. The greatest concern regarding the NFL really doesn't have anything to do with Levy, but rather that he did build a stadium greatly suited to be the home of an NFL team. Which makes it entirely plausible (though still unlikely imo) that an NFL franchise owner (say Shad Khan) buys Spurs more for the stadium than anything else, and the club truly becomes an afterthought.

Youโ€™re incredibly naive if you think a tax exile in the Bahamas listed worth is heโ€™s actually worth. You only have to look at the Panama Papers. You just have to look at the complexity of how THFC divisions are structured to know this guy has billions stashed away offshore. His Art collection alone is worth over ยฃ1 bn. And please tell me who else owns Tavistock? As far as Iโ€™m aware it was founded by joe Lewis and is 100% owned by him. As far as the investments in Florida if you can tell me how to post a picture on here I will show the investment so far is ยฃ8 bn + by Tavistock. Of course thatโ€™s not all their own funds and is financed. The point is if someone can raise ยฃ8bn + for a project thatโ€™s listed on the same website as Tottenham Hotspur, then surely the man can put โ€œ something โ€œ into this football club. If he canโ€™t then sell it to someone that can seriously move the club forward, theyโ€™ve had 20 years.
Ok Delboy, global leading financial investigator. Post a single source for any of your figures or just stop talking.

Regarding Tavistock investors, just those listed here as "significant shareholders" account for 54% of the fund. Lewis' children have significant stakes in Tavistock as well.

Lewis is an global fund investor. Almost all of his worth is on paper, in shares. He doesn't have the liquidity you dream of, and he ain't selling off assets to set money on fire buying footballers. Grow up.

NFL franchises typically don't like paying rent. The greatest concern regarding the NFL really doesn't have anything to do with Levy, but rather that he did build a stadium greatly suited to be the home of an NFL team. Which makes it entirely plausible (though still unlikely imo) that an NFL franchise owner (say Shad Khan) buys Spurs more for the stadium than anything else, and the club truly becomes an afterthought.
Dose that make sense really...look at the value of the Jacksonville jaguars as opposed to Spurs. No offence to the NFL but Americans football global reach is a gnat on an elephant compared to "Soccer". I know the anchor tenant stuff made alot of folk uncomfortable but I think Levy sees the NFL as simply another revenue stream like Lady Gaga if say the jaguars are worth twice our vlaue is the that really worth them up rooting to London for?

Last edited:
Tony Khan running yearly wrestling shows in the stadium every summer. Oh my.

Dose that make sense really...look at the value of the Jacksonville jaguars as opposed to Spurs. No offence to the NFL but Americans football global reach is a gnat on an elephant compared to "Soccer".
I don't think it does make sense, for all the reasons I pointed out previously - the increase in revenue for a permanent London team won't be significantly greater than the full slate of revolving teams, you'd have to get all 31 other franchise owners to agree to give up the London market and see a huge loss in all their UK commercial income, and it would create legal issues that would require the league to change the fundamental way in which it operates.

Just pointing out that if an NFL club did become a permanent resident, they aren't likely to be tenants. They'll buy the stadium outright, and Spurs will just be an incidental attachment.

The last NFL team that sold went for $2.3B, and it was based in Charlotte. The price for a franchise in London would make anyone's eyes water, if it sold right now it'd likely be $5B+. The people with the money to afford a London NFL franchise aren't the sort of people that pay rent.

Potentially then , the whole cost of getting a NFL fit stadium is a waste of money , Iโ€™ve no idea what kind of income games would bring in but I canโ€™t see it being worth the extra cost/debt to THFC.

Last edited:
Potentially then , the whole cost of getting a NFL fit stadium is a waste of money , Iโ€™ve no idea what kind of income games would bring in but I canโ€™t see it being worth the extra cost/debt to THFC.
Depends on your perspective. Everything thats been reported is that the revenue from the NFL has pretty much already offset the increased stadium cost. And its not just about the NFL, it allows the stadium to be used for many other events, as well.

Really it was done because it increased the capability of the stadium to generate non-football revenue. But it also makes the stadium/Spurs an attractive proposition should anyone have their eyes on an NFL London franchise. ENIC's end game has always been making Spurs as valuable as possible for a potential sell.

Depends on your perspective. Everything thats been reported is that the revenue from the NFL has pretty much already offset the increased stadium cost. And its not just about the NFL, it allows the stadium to be used for many other events, as well.

Really it was done because it increased the capability of the stadium to generate non-football revenue. But it also makes the stadium/Spurs an attractive proposition should anyone have their eyes on an NFL London franchise. ENIC's end game has always been making Spurs as valuable as possible for a potential sell.
Yet weโ€™ve been told we have to sell in order to buy . I know itโ€™s early days re the stadium & what itโ€™s has brought in due to Covid but time will tell if we actually benefit from non footballing events

Back
Top Bottom